In game art for the NPC's

Enforcer84

Re: In game art for the NPC's

I don't think I'll ever get used to Urkel-Menton. :D

You mean "giant-naked-glowing-brain-Urkel-Menton." :rolleyes:

Is this supposed to be the "younger, stronger body" Menton transferred into to give himself the "perfect disguise?" He couldn't look any more "mentalist" if he was wearing a sign with the word on it. And that clothing -- is Cryptic trying to make us laugh in Menton's face? :idjit:

Actually, I saw some in game footage from the starter mission that was leaked on YouTube, and Defender doesn't look too bad in game. I prefer the 5th Edition look, but it wasn't a bad character design overall.

I'm hoping the storyline for Dr. D has the original come back with a look more like 5th edition, too. The Dr. Fate look doesn't quite do it for me. I'll just keep telling myself this is a Destroyerbot or clone gone out of control and the bad fashion sense is clone copy degradation or a glitch in the programming. :D

Actually' date=' I saw some in game footage from the starter mission that was leaked on YouTube, and Defender doesn't look too bad in game. I prefer the 5th Edition look, but it wasn't a bad character design overall.[/quote']

I rather like the sleek blue-and-white. Reminds me of Vindicator from Marvel's Alpha Flight. It looks like a superhero costume as much as like armor, which I appreciate. More recent comic-book armored suits look too mechanical and clunky for my taste.

I'm hoping the storyline for Dr. D has the original come back with a look more like 5th edition' date=' too. The Dr. Fate look doesn't quite do it for me. I'll just keep telling myself this is a Destroyerbot or clone gone out of control and the bad fashion sense is clone copy degradation or a glitch in the programming. :D[/quote']

From all the references to original Dr. D's organization being maintained by Rakshasa and Gigaton since Albert Zerstoiten's disappearance, I'm becoming more and more convinced that DD's return and confrontation with his "usurper" is going to be a major event in the MMO. :cool: However, if said usurper is anything like how he's written up in Book Of The Destroyer, he's a lot more unique and serious than a Destroyerbot.

As to DD's look, I noticed in Cryptic's artwork for Gigaton that he's wearing an "antlered" helmet much like the from Fourth Edition Destroyer. I also saw a screenshot with what looked like a giant Destroyerbot with the same motif for its head. I wouldn't be surprised if Zerstoiten will be sporting something more like his classic look in the MMO.

• 2 weeks later...