Wanted: Heroes

CoreBrute

As you and your team investigate a local bank robbery by VIPER, you find that the robbery has already been stopped and the villains put away in chains by a different super group.

What is surprising however is that the supers are you (and our team's) greatest enemies (excluding Master villains like Dr Destroyer and Foxbat). Their number equals the number of your super team. The villains get away before you can ask them anything.

Over the next few weeks, the villains have continued to save the city, and even offered some very heroic words after saving an award ceremony. Super smell, Mental senses, or other appropriate senses show there is something off about them, but they share the same DNA as the normal villains.

Finally, whether through interrogation or mind reading, they tell you their story.

They come from a world where super villains rule the world, and almost all heroes are either dead or placed in a special Stronghold where the villains torture them with glee (Think Wanted or Old Man Logan both by Mark Millar) These parallel villains are opposites of their counterparts, heroic to their villainy. Your character and team mates were their jailers who kept them captured.

The villains escaped Stronghold, and built/stole a dimensional device/artifact that let them escape to your world. They then kidnapped their alternate villains, and kept them in a secure location they couldn't escape and took their idenities to become heroes.

Now you know this, they would be happy to tell you where the villains are and release them so they can go to jail, as long as you can verify to a court they are heroes. They will even give you the device/artifact that allowed them to move dimensions if you desire. They just want to never go back to their doomed world, and prevent those in that world from coming to their new home.

Who would be the appropriate group of villains for this WWYC in your campaign? Please offer a basic description of personality and powers if possible.

What would your Character do at this point?

And what would your character do, once s/he discovered that by those villains being in this world, they were causing their home dimension to come closer. Soon the villains will be jumping into your world, and the worlds would combine.

Unless an equal amount of super powered beings (martial arts and gadgeteer counts) that left returns. Will it be the escapees? Your villains, who might tell secrets about the home world? Or the PCs, in an attempt to buy some time, or fix that world?

Re: Wanted: Heroes

Once Volt was sure, (and he'd want to believe) he'd welcome them. He might offer to help their dimension. Once he found out the dimensions were merging, he'd definately help so they could go back home.

Olorin would be able to tell they were from a different dimension quickly. He'd also tell them quickly that they are bringing the dimension closer, and that that is not good. The merge may be very destructive to both sides. He'd then offer to help them back home.

Black Tiger. Not sure he'd ever believe them. When the dimensions began to merge, he'd be saying "See. I told you. It's all a plot." He'd be watching them very closely.

Leadman. Watch for a while and then gruglinlgy accept them, all the time saying "I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. This will end badly." When the dimensions started to merge, he'd say "See. I told you so."

Futurian. "Oh wow. Heros. Cool. Bummer about your dimension." And promptly forget about it until the dimensions merged. "Oh wow. Fragic." Fragic is his slang for fractured/tragic. That is messed up and really bad.

The most likely group would be the Ultimates. Or a group I'm working on called "The elementals." Not quite the 4 classic Greek elements. Or Chinese either. (Earth, Fire, Cold, Pain and Darkness.)

Most of my heroes would see the answer pretty clearly... throw the homeverse villans into the alterverse, then politely request that the alterverse villans-turned-heroes change their name and looks, if possible.

Then go on my merry way, safe in knowing that A) our supervillans are not bothering our universe any more, and B) we get far better alternates in return.

Oh, and destroy the gate-device. No point in messing up the universes any more than needed.

Most of my heroes would see the answer pretty clearly... throw the homeverse villans into the alterverse, then politely request that the alterverse villans-turned-heroes change their name and looks, if possible.

Then go on my merry way, safe in knowing that A) our supervillans are not bothering our universe any more, and B) we get far better alternates in return.

Oh, and destroy the gate-device. No point in messing up the universes any more than needed.

second the motion the reptonfa has swung

Why would a group of wanna-be superheroes adopt the identities of known villains to try to launch their career? This plan' date=' it does not make sense.[/quote']

They aren't stealing idenities. Their costumes and powers are the same as their counterpart villains. They locked the villains up to stop them causing trouble, and rather then publicly state their homeworld (and make them a target of suspicion by those who think they are the first wave of their world, or attract their homeworld villains) they redeem their counterparts' history, thus redeeming their own identities.

Lance O'Bannon the Singing Cowboy: He would return the Unvillains to their home dimension and assist them in making their world a better place (thus maintaining harmony across the multiverse). "Been there done that."

TCWOAN: *If I don't respond maybe they'll just go away.*

Kazemaru is from an alternate dimension completely ruled by robots.

Being an android refugee herself, it'd be the height of hypocrisy to not let them stay.

Although, she'd want to make sure they're being straight with her and then she'd support them 100%.

Best,

-SC

The obvious choice for dimension-hopping supervillains, at least as far as Vitus is concerned, would be the Eurostar team.

Mostly because of the opportunities for Drama with a capital D when Scorpia starts showing up in public anywhere where Vitus can track her down and gut her like a trout. Of course Vitus would prefer to kill her slowly so that at least would give the alternate time to babble some sort of defense.

Restoring the balance between universes slightly more difficult, especially if nobody stops Vitus getting his hands on the real Scorpia (how intact would she have to be to count as 'alive'?)

Failing that, Vitus's suggestion would be throw through the first batch of particularly annoying adversaries we can find, followed by a planetbuster. But then Vitus' moral mathematics is simple that way.

It makes me wonder what the dimensionally opposite version of Vitus would be in this sort of scenario... :D

Actually, I wonder about Vitus.

Is more info on him available?

Back to thread:

In general, each of my characters would be VERY suspicious; but after hearing the alternate world solution (and checking as best they could, which is better for some than others) would accept the "new heroes."

Upon realizing the dimensions are merging, and that "this is bad";

Mr. Blue, Captain Incredible, and Professora NoVa (all in different universes, since we will ignore the Megaplayboy's game where I brought all three in) will each want to try and free the "heroes" in the alternate world.

Rex "the wonder dog" (although in reality he is not a dog) would suggest trying to trick or trap some Really Super villains (like Dr. D and henchmen, or Eurostar) to go into the other dimension.

Actually, I wonder about Vitus.

Is more info on him available?

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62174&highlight=vitus

His homicidal hatred of Scorpia stems from her murder of his adopted son, Pakki, as part of a deal she made with a Prince of Hell, after Vitus scattered Eurostar and his own team across the multiverse, by deliberately dropping a Dimension Bomb at his own feet.

There are also LOTS of Vitus quotes in the Quote of the Week thread, and in dozens and dozens of the WWYCD

It makes me wonder what the dimensionally opposite version of Vitus would be in this sort of scenario... :D

Good question. There aren't many alternate Vituses around - indeed, auraflow mechanics predicts at maximum, 6. And at least one of those alternates was erased with this Vitus's version of his homeworld.

Mostly likely the alternate Vitus will be standing at the other end of the gateway trying to throw a planetbuster through at the same time this one is. Some amusing juggling may ensue.

He'd probably be more active in the Red Circle than this version, as opposed to merely sharing notes on spells such as "Mass Emasculation" and planning all-out war on DEMON with the assistance of the Chinese military. In THIS reality, that war got thermonuclear, even before the invasion of North Korea

Honestly' date=' a homicidal hatred of Scorpia strikes me as a source of lightside points. . . *cough*[/quote']

Somehow I can't see Yoda approving of breaking Scorpia's arms and legs, then taking your time removing various bodyparts. With your bare hands, for preference. Screwdrivers might be useful for getting at the more hard-to-reach organs.

It just so happens, I've already thought about this for my high power PC turned BatGod-like NPC, Sir Johnstone. He and his 'evil' counterpart are actually very similar. Every year they swap places as a kind of 'vacation'. So he'd probably just take the villains with him next time he swapped, or something.