TEAM ALPHA PBP game

PhantomGM2602

Re: TEAM ALPHA PBP game

The civilian identity of the mage I mentioned above is Andrew Evans. He, and his father, Sam, are mages. His mother, Mary, is a witch. His familiar, Amber, a Western screech owl, lives in a tree in the back yard.

The casting call for him and his parents netted Rupert Grint, Mark Williams, and Julie Walters. They play Ron, Arthur, and Molly Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

Some of the ideas for the new character are taken from a mage, known as The Doctor, who was created by Patric L. Rogers. He can be found at Morpheus Unbound under the Hero System Supporting Cast header.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry' date=' got a crappy dial up connection. Whats the site again?[/quote']

The URL is http://patric.net/morpheus. On the left, you'll see a link that says "Hero System". Click on it. Then, click on "Hero System Supporting Cast".

While the Doctor has a 62-point cosmic VPP, it's limited to learned spells. Some spells will be deleted from the list, while others are replaced with foci.

Andrew's heroic garb is, I think, top hat, white, and tails, with all the stuff that goes with it. His formal cane could be used as a hanbo and might also be a sword cane.

Team Alpha is here

http://www.storycrafter.com/index.php

It's pretty easy to set up a character there. Though the copy and paste interface is a bit strange, but not hard to understand.

There are a couple of questions I have about the campaign.

1) How long have the characters know one another? Do we know each other's Secret ID? Do we pal around at school when not fighting crime?

2) In the current scenario, are we fighting many robots (ie Mechanoids) or that scarey mega bot Mechanon? There does seem to be some confusion on that score.

3) Do we all go to the same High School? If so, are we mainstreaming with non-powered kids? Also what is the name of our HS?

not bad tasha

She was the product of evil mad science. To sum it up. Viper (or equv, evil organization) injected her and other young test subjects with Mind Control Nanomachines (Nanates). This caused her latent mutant abilities to manifest and she ended up changing the Nanomachines into something benign and also integrated them into her physiology. Her adopted parents found and saved her from being a test subject, they adopted and raised her as their own daughter.

She can control magnetism and thereby induce currents in the air. She manipulates the nanates to do many things with metal objects (ie disassembly and reorganization of metal parts, creating barriers of metal, encasing objects in metal and other stuff) She can also disperse her structure into difficult to see swarm of nanoparticles. She can fly using her magnetic abilities. Also most of her powers are fueled by the metal that her nanates can scrounge (ie end reserve).

Team Alpha is here

http://www.storycrafter.com/index.php

It's pretty easy to set up a character there. Though the copy and paste interface is a bit strange, but not hard to understand.

There are a couple of questions I have about the campaign.

1) How long have the characters know one another? Do we know each other's Secret ID? Do we pal around at school when not fighting crime?

2) In the current scenario, are we fighting many robots (ie Mechanoids) or that scarey mega bot Mechanon? There does seem to be some confusion on that score.

3) Do we all go to the same High School? If so, are we mainstreaming with non-powered kids? Also what is the name of our HS?

In this order:

A]A definite yes as most newbie heroes will be replacing inactive team members, therefore they'll hang around with other team mates.

B]Maybe both, since Ol Mech-for Brains will probably create more mechanoids out of the machines in that sci lab.

C]Yes YEs, and the name of the school is John Chapman High School

Some times called"Appleseed high" after his Legendary nickname Johnny Appleseed.

The civilian identity of the mage I mentioned above is Andrew Evans. He' date=' and his father, Sam, are mages. His mother, Mary, is a witch. His familiar, Amber, a Western screech owl, lives in a tree in the back yard.[/quote']

Andrew's heroic identity is Mysto the Magician. His dad's is the Sorcerer while his mother is known as the White Witch.

Although Andrew's familiar is an owl, his parents have domestic shorthair cats as familiars. Sam's familiar, Shadow, is black, while his mother's, Ghost, is white.

I'll post Amber the owl's sheet tonight.

Here is Amber the owl, who is an Eastern screech owl, not a Western screech owl.

[b]Amber the owl - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
-10    STR     -20   -10      7-       HTH Damage 0d6  END [0]
16    DEX     18   16      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
8    CON     -4   8      11-
5    BODY    -10   5      10-
13    INT     -2   13      12-       PER Roll 12-/17-
5    EGO     -10   5      10-       ECV: 2
16    PRE     3   16      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
3    PD      3   3             3 PD (0 rPD)
3    ED      1   3             3 ED (0 rED)
3    SPD     4   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
3    REC     2   3
16    END     0   16
16    STUN    7   16
1    RUN      -10   1"                END [1]
0    SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
0    LEAP     0   0"                0" forward, 0" upward

[b]CHA Cost: -20[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
12     [b][i]Talons[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6 (15 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4) - END=1
5     [b][i]Beak[/i][/b]: HKA 1 point - END=1
30     [b][i]Wings[/i][/b]: Flight 18", Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (45 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=2
0     [b][i]Short Legs[/i][/b]: Running -5" (already figured in) - END=0
0     [b][i]No Swimming[/i][/b]: Swimming -2" (already figured in) - END=0
5     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
6     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: +3 PER with Sight Group - END=0
4     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: +8 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight - END=0
4     [b][i]Owl Ears[/i][/b]: +2 PER with Hearing Group - END=0
    FAMILIAR - END=
10     1)  [b][i]Magical Communication[/i][/b]: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Andrew/Mysto, Psychic Bond - END=0
22     2)  [b][i]Magic Augmentation[/i][/b]: Aid  Magic 2d6, any magic power one at a time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Hour; +1) (45 Active Points); Only When Within 5" Of Andrew/Mysto (-1) - END=0
32     3)  [b][i]Shared Senses[/i][/b]: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x4 Range (1,200"), Usable Simultaneously (Amber and Andrew/Mysto at once) (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); Only Through The Senses Of Others (Amber only) (-1), Blackout (-1/2) - END=0
    SMART - END=
3     1)  [b][i]Brave[/i][/b]: +3 PRE [Notes: Optional, if the animal is also Battle-Trained] - END=
5     2)  [b][i]Insightful[/i][/b]: +5 INT - END=
1     3)  [b][i]Understanding[/i][/b]: Language:  English (Basic Conversation) [Notes: The animal can only understand speech, not speak back, though it may find other ways to communicate.] - END=

[b]POWERS Cost: 139[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
4      +2 with Talons
20      +4 with DCV
5      +4 to Concealment  (8 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)
11      Stealth 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 40[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     Physical Limitation:  Animal Intelligence Frequently, Greatly Impairing
10     Physical Limitation:  Diminutive, (up to about .6m; +6" KB) Frequently, Slightly Impairing
15     Physical Limitation:  Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing
20     Psychological Limitation:  Loyal to Andrew/Mysto (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 60[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 24
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 159

Here is Amber the owl, who is an Eastern screech owl, not a Western screech owl.

[b]Amber the owl - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
-10    STR     -20   -10      7-       HTH Damage 0d6  END [0]
16    DEX     18   16      12-       OCV 5 DCV 5
8    CON     -4   8      11-
5    BODY    -10   5      10-
13    INT     -2   13      12-       PER Roll 12-/17-
5    EGO     -10   5      10-       ECV: 2
16    PRE     3   16      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
10    COM     0   10      11-
3    PD      3   3             3 PD (0 rPD)
3    ED      1   3             3 ED (0 rED)
3    SPD     4   3                 Phases:  4, 8, 12
3    REC     2   3
16    END     0   16
16    STUN    7   16
1    RUN      -10   1"                END [1]
0    SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
0    LEAP     0   0"                0" forward, 0" upward

[b]CHA Cost: -20[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
12     [b][i]Talons[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6 (15 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4) - END=1
5     [b][i]Beak[/i][/b]: HKA 1 point - END=1
30     [b][i]Wings[/i][/b]: Flight 18", Reduced Endurance (Half END; +1/4) (45 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=2
0     [b][i]Short Legs[/i][/b]: Running -5" (already figured in) - END=0
0     [b][i]No Swimming[/i][/b]: Swimming -2" (already figured in) - END=0
5     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
6     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: +3 PER with Sight Group - END=0
4     [b][i]Owl Eyes[/i][/b]: +8 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight - END=0
4     [b][i]Owl Ears[/i][/b]: +2 PER with Hearing Group - END=0
    FAMILIAR - END=
10     1)  [b][i]Magical Communication[/i][/b]: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Andrew/Mysto, Psychic Bond - END=0
22     2)  [b][i]Magic Augmentation[/i][/b]: Aid  Magic 2d6, any magic power one at a time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Hour; +1) (45 Active Points); Only When Within 5" Of Andrew/Mysto (-1) - END=0
32     3)  [b][i]Shared Senses[/i][/b]: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups), x4 Range (1,200"), Usable Simultaneously (Amber and Andrew/Mysto at once) (up to 2 people at once; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); Only Through The Senses Of Others (Amber only) (-1), Blackout (-1/2) - END=0
    SMART - END=
3     1)  [b][i]Brave[/i][/b]: +3 PRE [Notes: Optional, if the animal is also Battle-Trained] - END=
5     2)  [b][i]Insightful[/i][/b]: +5 INT - END=
1     3)  [b][i]Understanding[/i][/b]: Language:  English (Basic Conversation) [Notes: The animal can only understand speech, not speak back, though it may find other ways to communicate.] - END=

[b]POWERS Cost: 139[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
4      +2 with Talons
20      +4 with DCV
5      +4 to Concealment  (8 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)
11      Stealth 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 40[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     Physical Limitation:  Animal Intelligence Frequently, Greatly Impairing
10     Physical Limitation:  Diminutive, (up to about .6m; +6" KB) Frequently, Slightly Impairing
15     Physical Limitation:  Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly Impairing
20     Psychological Limitation:  Loyal to Andrew/Mysto (Common, Total)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 60[/b]

Base Pts: 75
Exp Required: 24
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 159

EXCELENTE Amigo Now if you can create a female Knight Character for Solara that would be SU-WEEEEEEEET!!!!!:thumbup:

EXCELENTE Amigo Now if you can create a female Knight Character for Solara that would be SU-WEEEEEEEET!!!!!:thumbup:

I have a few ideas running through my brain. How's this, a 14-year old girl finds an old amulet. When she activates it, she's transformed into a female medieval knight who appears to be in her 20s.

I have a few ideas running through my brain. How's this' date=' a 14-year old girl finds an old amulet. When she activates it, she's transformed into a female medieval knight who appears to be in her 20s.[/quote']

PERFECTE!!! Work up the concept and post it here and Storycrafter!

• 2 weeks later...

Since I couldn't get Mysto to work the way I wanted him, I replaced him with Sorceress. Amber the owl has become a generic small owl. Here's what I posted about her to the StoryCrafter site.

Public Description:

Sorceress, an African-American teenager, is an elegant and capable mage, who also has some skill in hand-to-hand combat. She wears a formal pantsuit, long gloves, and heels with several rings and a bracelet that houses her communicator. She's usually accompanied by her familiar, Amber, a small owl.

Character Details:

Sorceress, Lynn Carter, is a fourth-generation mage who has access to various items and books that her family keeps in their house.

how about the cracters go to the circus to rlax only to have it turn inyo a carnival of horors

Great Scenario Idea Bubba! anyone else have one besides bubba?

Seconded. I love the circus. Of course, I worked for the Carson & Barnes Circus for a few months in 1981 and have their routebooks from 1981 and 1984-1994, as well as the Kelly Miller Circus ones from 1992-1994.

• 2 weeks later...