(6e) Classified: Characters Wanted!

Michael Hopcroft

Gentles,

I'm looking for creative superheroic pregen characters (325+75) for use in a demo game at Conquest called "Champions Offline". I'm looking for a good variety of characters. You will be credited for your work on the character sheets -- HD6 files preferred.

The reason I'm asking is that I have only a month to prepare the demo and I want to concentrate on the adventure -- not to mention the fact that I'm not fully comfortable with 6e chargen yet.

HELP!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: (6e) Classified: Characters Wanted!

Looking for heroes' date=' or villains?[/quote']

Yes. To the point, I'm trying to get enough representative heroes (and villains) that the players will have a decent selection of the main types of superhero seen in Champions.

Any other restrictions and such? I love making characters' date=' but the ones for my current campaign might be underpowered. [/quote']

Well, I cited the point level (325+75), so current campaign characters are likely to be underpowered even when converted. This is part sales pitch -- I want to showcase the flexibility of Hero for creating supers.

I'm thinking of having Istvatha V'han show up but I'm really not sure how to play her. I'm also trying to figure out how to translate her to 6th Edition (before the official version comes out, which should be a while).

EDIT: I did write up the Empress of a Billion Dimensions in 6th edition by simply giving her the same abilities she had in 5e. She came out to 747 points: a lot of points, but not bad given the power she wields. If all the conversions are this easy, I'll be happy.

On a bit of a tangent, I don't know that Istvatha V'han is the correct villain for a con one-shot. Beyond just the characterization issue, the logistical issue is against it. She rules one of the largest political entities in existence, so she's got other things to do than run into random schmucks from some random planet. She's got countless underlings for just that purpose alone.

Not that the logistical hurdles are impossible, but it does require a certain contrivancy that may not play well to someone unfamiliar with the setting.

As to the characterization, I'd peg her as the ultimate enlightened despot - while she holds absolute power over her domains, she's smart and savvy enough to set things up so that they need as little direct management as possible. Put a little arrogance and superiority into it, but nothing fake: she does rule an awful lot of territory, seemingly well. She should carry an air of I-know-what's-best-for-you, largely because she just might.

On a bit of a tangent' date=' I don't know that Istvatha V'han is the correct villain for a con one-shot. Beyond just the characterization issue, the logistical issue is against it. She rules one of the largest political entities in existence, so she's got other things to do than run into random schmucks from some random planet. She's got countless underlings for just that purpose alone.[/quote']

I was thinking of using her as the equivalent of a Patron, actually. She would start the adventure by "needing a favor" -- something important to her but that has to be handled as though she isn't involved -- which is why she has to use PCs.

I was thinking of using her as the equivalent of a Patron' date=' actually. She would start the adventure by "needing a favor" -- something important to her but that has to be handled as though she isn't involved -- which is why she has to use PCs.[/quote']

That sounds really cool. With her background you could easily use characters from a bunch of different 'worlds'.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing what folks come up with.

I'm also trying to figure out what Heroic genre I want to run for the other demo. I will need some sample characters for that as well, but since Heroic characters are so dependent on genre tropes I have to make up my mind on a genre before I act. Those will be 175-point Standard Heroic characters (125+50) so that will also be a challenge.

hey used an old idea of mine' date=' called BRUTE. Here he is, a bit of a Hulk rip off in truth, but realize his int does not leave him when he transforms[/quote']

"Next time, do some research." :)

Looks good. What else can people come up with?

"Next time, do some research." :)

Looks good. What else can people come up with?

glad you like him...Had my gaming group going for 3 months when he was my pc. They were convinced that he was just a hulk rip off. (This version is a rewrite of the original)

Then I smashed Dr. D's mind control satalite control computer while Bruted out

"How did you know"

Well I am a rocket scientist

but you were powered up

Yah, so?

But your dumb

Int of 28 is far from dumb

but that is in your human form

no that's in both

WHAT?

Yah I like to play practical jokes...

Paper plates and dice were thrown at me (and a pizza crust or 2)

no that's in both

WHAT?

Yah I like to play practical jokes..

Not quite as bad as the player in one of my groups who created Nifty Powers man (I don't recall what powers he actually had, only that they were "nifty").

Can someone rep this guy for me?

glad you like him...Had my gaming group going for 3 months when he was my pc. They were convinced that he was just a hulk rip off. (This version is a rewrite of the original)

Then I smashed Dr. D's mind control satalite control computer while Bruted out

"How did you know"

Well I am a rocket scientist

but you were powered up

Yah, so?

But your dumb

Int of 28 is far from dumb

no that's in both

WHAT?

Yah I like to play practical jokes...

Paper plates and dice were thrown at me (and a pizza crust or 2)

Groups that I've played with, you couldn't get away with something like that. They tend to "insist" to know everything on your character sheet. Whether or not it is any one else's business.

Groups that I've played with' date=' you couldn't get away with something like that. They tend to "insist" to know everything on your character sheet. Whether or not it is any one else's business.[/quote']

I'm in an online campaign that's tempting me to go in that direction. I'm REALLY curious about one of my fellow PCs background and powerset, but can't really think of a polite way to ask as our PCs are in "mutual suspicion" mode (in other words, neither is sure of the other's motives). Asking to see the character sheet seems like cheating.

I always had that feeling. I've always been one to go by observation of ability and what a character says.

I had a halfling "scout". He was a scout because that was what he told people. Had another player try using the thieve's cant in a tavern full of people, to converse. The Guild frowns upon stupidity...

The girl I was dating at the time objected to me claiming to be a scout, because "it says 'Thief' right on your character sheet!"

Groups that I've played with' date=' you couldn't get away with something like that. They tend to "insist" to know everything on your character sheet. Whether or not it is any one else's business.[/quote']

It helped that the GM was in on it with me...

Still looking for more characters. 6e versions of the standard types and a few oddball writeups would be beneficial so I can pass around the prefabs at the con.

I'm also looking for ideas on what genre the heroic demo ought to be. I'm torn between Fantasy Hero and Star Hero. Suggestions?

Still looking for more characters. 6e versions of the standard types and a few oddball writeups would be beneficial so I can pass around the prefabs at the con.

I'm also looking for ideas on what genre the heroic demo ought to be. I'm torn between Fantasy Hero and Star Hero. Suggestions?

I'm going to work up an archer, a batman clone, and if you ask nicely a Camptain Marvel/PRIME homage