A White Wolf aneurysm

DJ Blackrock

Okay, so, one of my players is playing a dhampir character. Fair enough, but based on her backstory and a couple power choices (berzerk on a full moon, etc) I can't resist her father having been a werewolf. Now, my question to all of you is thus: What kind of powers, abilities and hybrid WTF-ery would you give a half-vampire lycanthrope?

I ask because she has set aside points to be used on powers she doesn't know about yet.

Points are unimportant, what crazy powers would you give her?

Re: A White Wolf aneurysm

Well, heightened sense of smell is always fun, especially if it doesn't always cut in at appropriate times.

Some sort of extra combat goodies that have "only when enraged" or "only in moonlight".

The ability to understand--but not speak--canine languages.

*Well, definitely a Hunted by all Werewolf groups.

*Heightened senses, both visual and olfactory, tracking on sense of hearing possibly

*For the rage effect, +x amount of Spd, with costs end and side effect: Berserk in combat

*Regeneration definitely, not vs. fire or silver damage

*Damage Resistance except vs, silver attacks, and fire

*Extradimensional travel, any location one other dimension, must match current location in this dimension, OIF reflective surface of opportunity

*Detect other Abmoninations as sense, possibly linked to smell

*Plus Str and Con, only in direct Moonlight or scaled to the phases of the Moon in the sky

*Contact in werewolf tribe, a relative that has not given up on the character and who will occasionally provide help at risk to their own life- also add this contact as a DNPC because sooner or later being in contact with the character will lead to the contact being hunted by own tribe and other tribes as well

*Claws and big honling teeth, if not already possessed

And' date=' IIRC, oWoD had an uber-NPC who was exactly that - a vamped werewolf.[/quote']

Yep, the Abomination. Here's a short entry on them. If I remember correctly though Abominations only live for a few days once they've sent all their Gnosis they can't recover and simply pass away.

If you're looking for a hybrid of Werewolf and Vampire maybe the Underworld series has some better material. (Granted I've only seen the first flick so I don't really know.)

And' date=' IIRC, oWoD had an uber-NPC who was exactly that - a vamped werewolf.[/quote']

Actually, oWoD went oen better, with the uber-NPC having been a Vampire Werewolf with True Magick...

who proceeded to die and became a wraith too... and then got captured and turned into an ashtray on some Stygian Lord's desk...

World of Darkness HERO

http://surbrook.devermore.net/whitewolf/WODHERO.html

World of Darkness Wikia

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Darkness_(old)

Urban Fantasy Hero

https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=235992

Review: Urban Fantasy Hero

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70828

Good luck

QM

Actually, oWoD went oen better, with the uber-NPC having been a Vampire Werewolf with True Magick...

who proceeded to die and became a wraith too... and then got captured and turned into an ashtray on some Stygian Lord's desk...

A blurb in End of Empires (the last Wraith book) hints that his soul got blown across the shroud and became what amounts to a Hunter.

I think that vamped werewolf you were talking about was Pariah, real name Harold. He had a REALLY sad backstory. Actually used him on one of my oWoD games, basically as an example that, hey, there is no happy ending.

He was in the Children of the Night sourcebook I think. I felt so sad after reading it.

I like the understanding canines thing, and the somewhat unreliable heightened senses. I want to give her an alternate form, but I'm still not sure what. Full werebeast is too much for the character concept, and bat doesn't really work. werebat, well, maybe...