Bag of Holding

Grymour

Re: Bag of Holding

So what's the DEF and BODY of a 'Bag of Holding' built with EDM or Limited STR? (Say the character is caught in an AOE attack that doesn't necessarily damage them' date=' it still might damage the 'bag').[/quote']

Just some of the reasons that I really liked HM's build, right there.

More than any other build so far, the vehicle-based build leaves you with an actual object. Something that must be guarded, could be stolen, could be damaged, takes up space, has weight and defense. A real physical object. It's even possible for something to escape _from_ this bag, should it be used to stash a dwarf or two. :lol:

I found it extremely elegant, and, while everyone will have their own idea on what's the best way to do anything, I find that the vehicle-based build (or a base-based build would even work) to address everything I'd need from such an item in my own games.

I wish I could rep him twice for the idea. :D

Just some of the reasons that I really liked HM's build, right there.

More than any other build so far, the vehicle-based build leaves you with an actual object. Something that must be guarded, could be stolen, could be damaged, takes up space, has weight and defense. A real physical object. It's even possible for something to escape _from_ this bag, should it be used to stash a dwarf or two. :lol:

I found it extremely elegant, and, while everyone will have their own idea on what's the best way to do anything, I find that the vehicle-based build (or a base-based build would even work) to address everything I'd need from such an item in my own games.

I wish I could rep him twice for the idea. :D

got him

You're right, it's a very smooth build.

It's using the same basic principle as the TARDIS build, which is exactly right.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

As stated in another thread:

I'd build it as a very low-cost base, TBH. Just do it as a custom power, buy the base up to the area of the bag, make the location "another dimension", and "hard to defend" since it is on your person, and then slap Focus or whatever on it.

Which ends up being a custom power with an active cost of 5 for a 32" (8" by 4" base) Area Bag of Holding, before adding any modifiers to the custom power.

As stated in another thread:

I'd build it as a very low-cost base, TBH. Just do it as a custom power, buy the base up to the area of the bag, make the location "another dimension", and "hard to defend" since it is on your person, and then slap Focus or whatever on it.

Which ends up being a custom power with an active cost of 5 for a 32" (8" by 4" base) Area Bag of Holding, before adding any modifiers to the custom power.

You still need some way of getting to the base, either a weird build of XDM or Stretching with Transdimensional.