Egyptoid

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: USA 5O for Sixth Edition

With' date=' I note happily, two of my own creations -- Purple Ox and SerpenTina of the Eco-Liberation Federation -- on the front cover!!! :D[/quote']

and SSgt.Baloo, and Hermit also made the cut. (Cali & Ariz)

I gave the artist what I wanted in general terms.

I showed her the web site

and she sent back excellent material.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I am reworking the USA5O web-site to reflect several things:

A) This is Sixth Edition.
:hex:

B)
the Call for more villains.
:sneaky:

C) the Call for more contributors (bigger bleg will come later)
:help:

D) to build suspense for the nearing release of the first book...
:earth:

Click: USA FIFTY

please acknowledge this is work in progress.

Villains Question: So with the recent push to add more foes to the US50 pantheon something I've been thinking about is size and scope. Presumably each of the heroes has their own rogue's gallery. Are these the villains you are looking for? When I think of villains for the US50 I picture villains that require multiple heroes to take on. For example Sabertooth is Wolverine's enemy but Magneto is the X-Men's enemy, he's simply larger than one hero could handle and his plots have a larger scope. Red Skull is Captain America's enemy but Ultron is the Avenger's enemy not because it's plots are grander than Red Skull's but because it operates on a higher power level. So with that said, what is the scale you are picturing with the new villains that are being added?

hey Cert:

the short answer to your questions is that I'd like to see just enough villains to do a decent sized book.

the long answer is that the variables are up to the author. Some villains need to be of the "Riddler" scope,

and others can be a whole gang. But if someone draws up an entire Injustice League, they are welcome.

space is limited in a print book, but not online. a few of all sizes will be good.

Now you can totally check out California' date=' man.[/quote']

The only thing I notice here is that away from water, he has no travel powers. Perhaps in the conversion his leaping went away? It's almost totally normal (6m), really odd for a superhero with 50 STR.

Otherwise, he's going to need a mini van (or for California maybe a Mini-Cooper) to get around in.

• 2 weeks later...