How to take out a shrinking shape shifter???

THE PATRIOT

Let's say I'm in a holgraphic inner-city danger room situation with a shape shifter who can shrink down to the size of a bug and fly. I'm playing a non-gadget using semi-brick who is combat savy. Using everything at my disposal in a city environment...what could I do to hinder him or detect him in a shrunken state.

Any ideas on defeating him while he's in "Giant Man" form???

Don't know about "detecting" him, but I'm betting you culd find something a few hexes big you can lift and smack him with that 1 hex area (goodbye DCV) if you know where he is.

Between damage and knockback, the Bug will likely go SPLAT.

Why not duck into an abandoned building? He can't follow as a giant, and you'll likely take out the bug if you bring down the house.

Re: How to take out a shrinking shape shifter???

Originally posted by THE PATRIOT

Let's say I'm in a holgraphic inner-city danger room situation with a shape shifter who can shrink down to the size of a bug and fly. I'm playing a non-gadget using semi-brick who is combat savy. Using everything at my disposal in a city environment...what could I do to hinder him or detect him in a shrunken state.

Pick up large objects, throw them as AOE attacks.

Any ideas on defeating him while he's in "Giant Man" form???

You're a brick, use haymakers and beat the tar out of him. :)

Re: Re: How to take out a shrinking shape shifter???

You're a brick, use haymakers and beat the tar out of him. :) [/b]

I'm not a super-brick, I'm a semi-brick...I can take more punishment than I can dish out though. I can lift cars and trucks...I don't think I could pull a oak tree out of the ground. I failed to mention this little shape shifting shrinking guy is also a brick. Now what???

Shrinking bricks are a nasty construct, almost as bad as invisible bricks with stretching. The GM should at the least permit you to automatically spot him after his first attack if he's in the same hex. If he's immune to your haymakers you could try blowing up an oil truck or gas line, assuming you can survive the damage. If your character has no powers or environmental effects that can effect the little giant then I'd suggest having a talk with the GM; your PC shouldn't be in a danger room drill with the other character in the first place.

City environment? You could always bust open a fire hydrandt and direct the flow of water with you hands. Won't do much damage, but the knockback against a bug would be quite high. You could also stand near the opening and let the water fall on you. Unless the shrinking character has a EB, he/she will have get next to you to attack and again be hit with the falling water.

The shockwave part is a seperate power in Champions, which is something that I only see heavy bricks like the Hulk or Super Man having. My guys at the 50-55 pts in strength brick. But he could hang toe-to-toe with a slug fest with the Thing for awhile before he would eventually go down because they've established the Thing can take a major pounding (Marvel Two-in-One when he took on Champion).

Does anybody know how a the mechanics of a hydrant work? How much presure (punch) would a hydrant pack? Where would a hero find a main gas line under the street?

We are duking it out in the danger room between the whole team of heroes to see what we can do and to release some frustrations with are player characters. (Actually I'm a little worried that the whole damn team is going to be trying to nail me in this combat.) I don't mind that though, I just want my guy to take out a few of them before I go down through some creative playing.

One guy is a mutant cosmic energy blaster who flies, one's a battle suit with rockets and sensory equipement, one's a teleporting ninja, one's a DareDevil level Renaissance Festival reject who is definately going to try and nail me (but I should be able to take care of.) It's just the one guy who can shrink, grow, shape shift, oh yeah and stretch.

I also figure my character is pretty fast and hard to hit. If I just go into dodge mode I can at least make them look a little silly teaming up on me and missing (hopefully).

The gas line and hydrant idea has been running through my head. What would be a good way to send an electrical shock through the water left on the ground from the hydrant?

Grab an underground power line, or knock over a power pole? Pretty much any approach assumes you will take less damage than you inflict to be effective.

Does anybody know how a the mechanics of a hydrant work? How much presure (punch) would a hydrant pack? Where would a hero find a main gas line under the street?

Mentally reviewing fire hoses used for crowd control, I would say 6d6 or 4d6 with increased KB. Maybe tell GM about stunt before hand so they can have a damage assigned (even if your character doesn't know just how much).

Locating a gas line without some enhanced senses or luck would be more difficult. Only thing I can think of is find a meter and trench backward. Lure the combat into an ally, find the back of a restraunt, that meter should give a 3 or 4 d6 continuous RKA 1hex area.

Run into a pet store and buy an iguana.

Better yet, and army of iguanas.

Wait for him to go into bug-sized form, then let them loose. (with apropriate zinger that I can't think of right now, probably something to the effect of "lunch time":D )

I'm a confident brick who can take the bullet. And a semi-dramatic role player. Teammates are itching to teach my guy some humility.

I believe it may also have something to do with the time a player and I had a combat duel in a danger room scene on a rural farm. Well his energy guy ended up with his head up a holographic cows ass. We're all friends otherwise I would never have done this with just any old player in a gaming group.