Anyone running any online games?

Ragnarok

Re: Anyone running any online games?

Here is the (hopefully) final version of Cael. I also added Cael's revised character background, an equipment list in the campaign notes area, and a reference writeup for Cael's weapons in the Equipment section.

I imagine you were going to post this anyway, but what is the server information we need for MapTool?

Also, awesome picture ghost-angel! How did you create it/where did you get it?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35250[/ATTACH]

Geoffrey Cael John

I took the liberty of using the Dragon Age character creator to build up some tokens based on the images provided. Do you like them? If not, I can build a token based on the images provided.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35248[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35249[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35250[/ATTACH]

Geoffrey Cael John

I took the liberty of using the Dragon Age character creator to build up some tokens based on the images provided. Do you like them? If not, I can build a token based on the images provided.

Outstanding! This works great for me.

Cael looks pretty good. The only change I would require at this point is dropping the Blades element for Fencing, as that is the default element anyway. Take that 1 point and make a Familiarity: Healing Ritual and adding Requires a Healing Ritual Skill roll to the power.

Update: So we are in the final push now. Tomorrow is the big day.

Here is where we stand;

• I have to actually take the token images and add the stats and macros to them. I'll finish those before bedtime.
  • I have to get a few NPCs ready. I'll also do that before bedtime.
  • I have a general idea of how I want to start the game and how the characters can get together.
  • I do not have and will not have a campaign map ready by tomorrow. Some things just took longer to get done than I would have liked. I will have it soon.
  • And finally, I promised one of the players some help with character creation. Probably be tomorrow though.

Cael looks pretty good. The only change I would require at this point is dropping the Blades element for Fencing' date=' as that is the default element anyway. Take that 1 point and make a Familiarity: Healing Ritual and adding Requires a Healing Ritual Skill roll to the power.[/quote']

Done. I posted the updated file to that same post.

One last post before bedtime.

Update: In working out the math for my macros, I realized that the firearms have an impressive range. The flintlock rifle can fire 300 meters (6 DC * 5 AP = 30 *10 for range). There are actual stories of colonial era rifleman boasting of 300 yard shots, so this works out amazingly well. The musket has a maximum range of 64 meters and the pistol has a range of 32 meters. And best thing is, I've coded in the Reduced by Range limitation for the musket and pistol so you don't have to. I've also updated the Range table so when I code in range mods, they will be taken into account as well. That should be easy.

i updated the pistol's damage. It is now consistent with the musket. It just degrades faster.

On the downside, I spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out. It did keep me from my goal of getting everyone's token created. 4 AM here. Up in 6-7 hours. With food consumption and personal hygiene, I expect I will have a solid 5 hours to get ready. I think that will be enough, now that the major hurdle is overcome.

Agenda for tomorrow's pre-game

1. Code in skills and characteristics. Halfway there as I have the Everyman skills set up already. (1 hour for all characters) Done except for Geoffrey.
  2. Create Savienien's character. Savienien, do you think a couple of slightly improved firearms will fit your concept of the gunsmith for now? (1 hour with token) Done!
  3. Create a few generic NPCs. With the work I am doing to the default megaman token, this should be a snap. (1-2 hours with tokens)
  4. Code in range mods for firearms. (30 minutes)
  5. Code in melee weapons. Not a high priority as I have functional code right now. Just want it to be as clean and consistent as the firearms code. (optional, but about 15-30 minutes) Done!
  6. ghost-angel, if you see me in chat, kick me out. I have a tendency to waste time hanging out.Successfully stayed out of chat!

[*]Create Savienien's character. Savienien, do you think a couple of slightly improved firearms will fit your concept of the gunsmith for now? (1 hour with token)

That would be fine. I saw him as running from Einan Nobility due to a problem with a gun he built (a la The Mexican) for some background. Would he be able to create well-rounded shot to help others with their range modifiers? Probably some sort of inventor ability. I thought of a gunpowder grenado that was encased in two hemispheres with flint between them. The 'ball' would be twisted to create spark and light the 'fuse', then toss drop the grenado and kaboom.

Dang. It just occurred to me that I probably don't have the correct maptools version either. At least I'll have a bit of time to get it going before 7pm tomorrow.
That's tonight for the record. Version 1.3b63 is the version you are looking for.

That would be fine. I saw him as running from Einan Nobility due to a problem with a gun he built (a la The Mexican) for some background.
While I have heard the term, I have not been able to bring up "The Mexican" with any search engine. They just want to show me articles about Mexican gun laws and a stupid movie with Julia Roberts.

Would he be able to create well-rounded shot to help others with their range modifiers? Probably some sort of inventor ability.
Yes and no. Your character would be the vehicle by which they bought custom firearms with points or even Naked Advantages with points. Essentially Naked Advantages are how I am considering building your firearm expertise.

I thought of a gunpowder grenado that was encased in two hemispheres with flint between them. The 'ball' would be twisted to create spark and light the 'fuse', then toss drop the grenado and kaboom.
Nice idea and workable into the setting and character.

Okay Savienien, I need a name and background. I too built you a token from using the Dragon Age character creator.

From the fact that he is Eisen, the picture you provided as inspiration, and the resulting token picture, I am seeing this guy as a stereotypical Eisen kick butt warrior with the addition of some gunsmith skills. I'll see how I can balance this guy out and get back to you. In a short while.

And another update: Savienien, your character is done. In case you have HERO Designer, I am posting the HDC here.

Since I didn't have an exacting background, I am piecing together a sketchy one.

(YourCharacterNameHere) was commissioned to build a custom firearm for a Montaigne noble. The local lord, for whatever reason, forbid this transaction. Your character went along with the deal, but somehow the local lord got wind of the transaction. During the resulting raid, your character lost the firearm, the money and had to kill a couple of soldiers in order to escape. Now a wanted man in Eisen, your character secured passage to the New World, where he has been plying his trade. Still, you can't escape the feeling that the Eisen nobility is not going to let bygones be bygones.

That cool?

Physically, your character is stout, thick-necked, and not easily taken in a fight. While he has training in how to use many melee weapons, he is not a fencer. He does have a great amount of expertise with his firearms however. With one of his special improved rifles and his skill alone, he can take a man off of horseback at 300 meters without appreciable effort (+1 OCV and +11 versus Range with Improved Rifling, Distance Shot, and Brace/Set). And he has those pesky wheelock grenades for those surprise party favors.

Blog entry recap of the first session posted.

Very nice read. I like the behind the scenes stuff, too.

I enjoyed myself immensely and really looking forward to the game next week. I was impressed on how well you could do all the maptools stuff. I think that really helped keep the game moving. All involved seem to want to have fun telling an interactive story and I couldn't ask for more.