Weighted Net

Ragnarok

Re: Weighted Net

Actually, I might go with a DEX Suppress instead. Enough Suppress can be just as effective as an Entangle.

The problem with an Entangle is that there isn't really a mechanic around the 'I make a Roll to escape.' To escape you need to Break the Entangle which requires a bit of damage.

It might be easier to say that a successful DEX roll will dispel the Suppress.

Yes in the Ultimate Martial Artist ISBN 1583660011 DOJHERO101 168 pg with description on 184 pg.

There are three mechanics based on size Small, Normal, Large

Samll Toami:

Enttangle 4d6 4 DEF , Entangle and Character both Take damage,(+1/4)

50 Active Points

OAF(-1) or IAF(-1/2

1 Recoverable charge (-11/4)

Normal Toami:

1 Hex Area of Effect(+1/2)

70 Active Points

OAF(-1) or IAF(-1/2

Large Toami:

5" Hex Area of Effect, Radius(+1/2)

90 Active Points

OAF(-1) or IAF(-1/2

Checked Mythic Greece, no nets listed

The problem with an Entangle is that there isn't really a mechanic around the 'I make a Roll to escape.'

Actually, in 6E at least, there is. First, the GM can simply decide, based on the Entangle's special effects, whether or not some given escape attempt is likely to work. And second, an Entangle can be bought with Susceptible (-1/4 to -1) if it "can be completely removed by some substance or effect that wouldn't damage an ordinary Entangle". (The Handcuffs writeup has what seems to be an example of this among its other Limitations -- -1/2 for being escapable with a modified Contortionist or Lockpicking roll.) While I'm not sure off the top of my head what precise roll to use to escape a 'simple' weighted net in combat (though probably something along the lines of "unmodified Contortionist or a DEX roll at some decent but not crippling penalty"), it sounds like a good candidate for -1 based on the notion that pretty much anybody should be able to wriggle out again in pretty short order if not for the fact that somebody's likely trying to kill them at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...