Adventure Ideas With These Villains...

Acroyear II

Has anyone ever used a scenario/plot with any one or more of the following villains? If so, what was the plot?

If you have not used these villains before, could you suggest an interesting scenario with them?

Avar-7

Titaness

Mentalax

Monopole

Shamrock

COIL (organization)

Mongoose

Earthmaster

Halfjack

Hideous

Power Crusher

Sparkler

Thanks in advance,

Acroyear II

Each of these characters comes to the PCs for help. They claim they are being hunted by someone they are calling "Ed 4-killer". Whoever this Ed is, he's been stalking many of their peers, gunning them down one by one. Others, are allowed to live. The entire group of CLOWN has been slaughtered, and Malachite has gone missing.

They went looking for the island of Sanctuary, to find ...well, sanctuary, only to discover Ed 4killer had SUNK IT!

Can the PCs stop Ed? Or will the insidious fiend rend THEIR personal realities apart as well ;)

Once when I was running a mass breakout at a super powered prison, I included Shamrock. Being active in the IRA, Shamrock considered Orange to be the Devil's color, and absolutely refused to wear the orange coveralls all the prisoners were issued. So there he is, attempting to break out of super-max in only his tighty whiteies. Sixteen year old female PC saw him, and was seriously smitten. He was recaptured and didn't make it out of prison that time, but started a relationship between the two.

This lead to a reconciliation between the PC and her mother, a rather talented mentalist. She asked Mom to arrange a prison break so Shamrock could go back to Ireland.

Out of the blue Shamrock was subpoenaed to testify at the trial of another IRA terrorist in Boston, despite his frequent, and colorful, insistence that he was not answering any questions. "Contempt of Court? I have plenty of contempt for this godless court and don't mind showing it! What are you going to do to me? Throw me in here?" He was moved from super-max to a regular jail. According to the surveillance tapes, his guards put him into the cell, and walked away, forgetting to close, let alone lock, the door. He stood there looking confused for several seconds before walking out.

• 5 years later...

Re: Adventure Ideas With These Villains...

Take away COIL and the rest of the list would make a nice "Secret Society of Supervillains" type plot.

In the background: Tired of being consistantly beaten by heroes, a band of looser/2nd string villains decide to form a coalition. Monopole and Half-Jack are the Masterminds and gather as many others as they can find. For added muscle, Half-Jack steals the inert body of Avar-7 from a PRIMUS base and reprogram it.

Scenario #1: Heroes respond to an emergency downtown. They arrive to find 1 villain committing a crime but as the battle ensues several more arrive to assist him and take the heroes by surprise.

Scenario #2: There are a string of police station break ins where bush league villains are rescued. Soon after they appear along side other villains in groups of 5 or more and are far more organized than they've ever been. If the heroes manage to capture a villain he immediately spills the beans on the Society ....but this is actually part of their plot to lure in and finish off a few heroes.

Scenario #3: The heroes bust into the Society's secret hideout expecting to find maybe 8-10 light-weight villans tops, but instead find a small army with a few heavy-hitters. The heroes either escape to find allies and a new plan, or they are captured in which case the villains begin to argue on how best to deal with them. Smart players will play the villains against each other in hopes of finding a chance to turn the tables or escape.

Scenario #4: Battle Royale.

Re: Adventure Ideas With These Villains...

I generally treat Shamrock as having retired, or trying to make an amnesty deal. At the outside I having him working for someone semi-respectable.

Given his background, and how long the IRA have been on ceasefire in the Real World, he would have to be relatively old by supervillain standards now.

I've never really bothered with the others.