Psionic powers -- any comments?

lendrick

I'm trying to put together some psionic powers for a sci-fi campaign I'll be running in the near future. I'll be starting the characters off at 150 points and going from there. I might allow characters to group similar powers into a multipower and add, say, a focus of some sort. Anyway, I'm looking for ideas and comments, so if you have any thoughts, please let me know. I'm a complete noob at this. :)

(I'm also, for the record, working on a nice 6E exporter for the forum. It only does powers right now.)

Here are the powers I've come up with so far:

Healing:

Psionic Healing
(11 CP)

• Healing BODY 2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Hour; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 12 END

Energy Manipulation:

Telekinesis
(7 CP)

• Telekinesis (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

• Costs 1 END

Psionic Blast
(10 CP)

• Blast 4d6 (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4)

• Costs 4 END

Pyrokinesis
(15 CP)

• Blast 3d6, Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (19 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 2 END

Cryokinesis
(15 CP)

• Blast 3d6, Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (19 Active Points); Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 2 END

Telekinetic Missile
(8 CP)

• Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Limited Range (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)

• Costs 3 END

Heat Vortex
(14 CP)

• (Total: 30 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) Blast 1d6, Damage Over Time (5-6 damage increments, damage occurs every Turn, can be negated by Heat; +2) (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 7) plus Blast 1d6, Damage Over Time (5-6 damage increments, damage occurs every Turn, can be negated by Cold; +2) (15 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 7)

[NOTE:
    This power designates two targets and transfers heat from one to the other, causing cold damage to one and heat damage to the other.
    ]

• Costs 6 END

Psionic Shield
(13 CP)

• Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED), Allocatable (+1/4), Time Limit (1 Minute; +1/2) (26 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 3 END

Mental Powers:

Telepathy
(2 CP)

• Telepathy 1d6 (5 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2), Communication Only (-1/4)

• Costs 1 END

Awareness
(15 CP)

• Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (37 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

• Costs 4 END

Mind Shield
(13 CP)

• Resistant Protection (10 Mental Defense), Allocatable (+1/4), Time Limit (1 Minute; +1/2) (26 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 3 END

Sleep
(15 CP)

• Mental Blast 3d6 (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Normal Range (-1/4)

• Costs 6 END

Enhancement:

Haste
(4 CP)

• +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -4), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

• Costs 20 END

Fortitude
(2 CP)

• +20 STUN (10 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Leap
(1 CP)

• Leaping +8m (12m forward, 6m upward) (4 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Speed Burst
(3 CP)

• Running +12m (24m total) (12 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Re: Psionic powers -- any comments?

Most of the powers look good, but I think you may want to boost some of the Energy Manipulation ones. A character who was at all combat trained could easily have 3 PD/ED, a level of Combat Luck, and body armor (at least 10/10, could be more since there's future tech). That gives them 16 PD/ED, meaning that they generally ignore Pyro/Cryo-Kinesis, shrug off Psionic Blast, and literally can't be hurt by Heat Vortex. Even without armor, they'd ignore Heat Vortex and take only a few stun from Pyrokinesis

I would bump Psionic Blast up to 6d6 (putting it more on par with Sleep, although still mostly for unarmored foes) and give Pyro/Cyro-Kinesis an internal heating/cooling effect (i.e. NND vs Life Support). Ditto for Heat Vortex, or you could give it the "defense only applies once" advantage and a few more increments, which would make it a growing threat over time (although not directly in combat).

Just to nitpick, unless TK Missile requires a special type of object to throw (that you can only carry one of), it should be OIF (projectile of opportunity) instead of 1 Recoverable Charge.

Telekinesis is already a Constant power that costs End to maintain, so it shouldn't get a Limitation for that.

I'm not sure about the "totally unaware of nearby events" level of Concentration on an Enhanced Sense whose whole purpose is to make the character aware of nearby events. I'd just drop that to the basic "concentrate throughout use" level.

Telekinesis is already a Constant power that costs End to maintain, so it shouldn't get a Limitation for that.

I'm not sure about the "totally unaware of nearby events" level of Concentration on an Enhanced Sense whose whole purpose is to make the character aware of nearby events. I'd just drop that to the basic "concentrate throughout use" level.

According to 6e1 297, Telepathy is an Instant Power, but may be treated as Constant if the communication goes on for a long time, or for Multipower slot allocation. That said, I'm extremely doubtful that anyone is going to achieve EGO x1 on a target with only a single d6 of Telepathy. Bare minimum for most campaigns should be 2d6, with the minimum effective value closer to 4d6.

JoeG

Agreed on that; actually, if you just want communication, Mind Link might be a better fit. If you want Telepathy with a slow build-up, Cumulative (to 24 points; +1) should do it for all but the strongest EGOs - at least for communication. To actually mind probe people you'd want another step or two of Cumulative.

Most of the powers look good, but I think you may want to boost some of the Energy Manipulation ones. A character who was at all combat trained could easily have 3 PD/ED, a level of Combat Luck, and body armor (at least 10/10, could be more since there's future tech).

Very true. But said example has no "mental defense", as regular armor.

That gives them 16 PD/ED, meaning that they generally ignore Pyro/Cryo-Kinesis, shrug off Psionic Blast,

Generic armor provides no defense against mental powers.

and literally can't be hurt by Heat Vortex. Even without armor, they'd ignore Heat Vortex and take only a few stun from Pyrokinesis.

I strongly suggest a point of penetrating, on each "point" of mental attack would certainly hurt "armor man".

I would bump Psionic Blast up to 6d6 (putting it more on par with Sleep, although still mostly for unarmored foes) and give Pyro/Cyro-Kinesis an internal heating/cooling effect (i.e. NND vs Life Support). Ditto for Heat Vortex, or you could give it the "defense only applies once" advantage and a few more increments, which would make it a growing threat over time (although not directly in combat).

I would visualize the effect as an NND, +1. ( life support, hardened )

"Just to nitpick, unless TK Missile requires a special type of object to throw (that you can only carry one of), it should be OIF (projectile of opportunity) instead of 1 Recoverable Charge."

An "OAF" device. would be a lose piece of ammo, that one can "throw" at an enemy via telekinesis. 1 recoverable charge. A deliberate piece of "military" explosives would be limited recover device, say 5 dice - 10 dice killing. (65-150 pts.)

Say 25 pts.

According to 6e1 297' date=' Telepathy is an Instant Power, but may be treated as Constant if the communication goes on for a long time, or for Multipower slot allocation. That said, I'm extremely doubtful that anyone is going to achieve EGO x1 on a target with only a single d6 of Telepathy. Bare minimum for most campaigns should be 2d6, with the minimum effective value closer to 4d6.[/quote']

My comment was about Telekinesis, not Telepathy.

Most of the powers look good' date=' but I think you may want to boost some of the Energy Manipulation ones. A character who was at all combat trained could easily have 3 PD/ED, a level of Combat Luck, and body armor (at least 10/10, could be more since there's future tech).[/quote']

That gives them 16 PD/ED, meaning that they generally ignore Pyro/Cryo-Kinesis, shrug off Psionic Blast,

In order to make Blast a "mental power" against which Mental Defense applies, you have to use AVAD. Otherwise your choices are PD or ED. As it is, the "Sleep" power is the only damaging attack from the OP against which Mental Defense is going to apply.

Most of the powers look good, but I think you may want to boost some of the Energy Manipulation ones. A character who was at all combat trained could easily have 3 PD/ED, a level of Combat Luck, and body armor (at least 10/10, could be more since there's future tech).

I was thinking this also, however it's built with blast, not mental blast... so Prestigitator is correct in his original assessment... If it were me I'd add to the changes that I'd make that Psychic Blast built with the power "mental blast" rather than "blast" but that's just how I'd do it.

I'd also do something differing about the Ice and Fire blast, I agree that SFX are important, however they are the exact same power as is... so make it so a person would want both, if that's how they want to roll.

Ice Blast- 2d6 RKA Physical (little balls of ice) maybe even piercing or Armor Piercing (little sharp chunks of ice) and/or use an all or nothing NND w/ life support.

Fire Blast- 2d6 RKA- no range- AOE cone, possibly AP or NND with life support...

Make one that is AP and one that is NND, now you have two very different sfx and game effecting attacks... you could even use Autofire for the Ice and say that there are many little pellets/shards of ice that are projected with it...

Okay, here we go. I made a number of modifications:

• Pyrokinesis does more damage
  • Cryokinesis does a bit more damage, and also lowers SPD
  • Sleep does slightly less damage, to make it DC 8.
  • Heat Vortex only applies defense once.
  • I swapped out the Telepathy power (which was intended for communication) with a slightly limited Mind Link.
  • Haste now costs a lot less.
  • The point of Awareness is that it allows you to sense things through walls and the like. I haven't changed it, but given that, maybe people can make suggestions?

Thanks for all the help thus far! :)

Bart

Healing:

Psionic Healing
(11 CP)

• Healing BODY 2d6, Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Hour; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x4 END; -1 1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 12 END

Enhancement:

Haste
(10 CP)

• +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

• Costs 4 END

Fortitude
(2 CP)

• +20 STUN (10 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Leap
(1 CP)

• Leaping +8m (12m forward, 6m upward) (4 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Speed Burst
(3 CP)

• Running +12m (24m total) (12 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x6 END; -2 1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2)

• Costs 6 END

Mental Powers:

Telepathic Link
(10 CP)

• Mind Link , Human and Alien and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds, Any Willing Target (20 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Doesn't work when there's an energy shield between user and target.; -1/4)

• Costs 2 END

Awareness
(15 CP)

• Spatial Awareness (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) (37 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

• Costs 4 END

Mind Shield
(13 CP)

• Resistant Protection (10 Mental Defense), Allocatable (+1/4), Time Limit (1 Minute; +1/2) (26 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 3 END

Sleep
(12 CP)

• Mental Blast 2 1/2d6 (25 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Normal Range (-1/4)

• Costs 4 END

Energy Manipulation:

Telekinesis
(10 CP)

• Telekinesis (10 STR) (15 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2)

• Costs 1 END

Psionic Blast
(15 CP)

• Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4)

• Costs 6 END

Telekinetic Missile
(11 CP)

• Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (40 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Limited Range (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)

• Costs 4 END

Pyrokinesis
(21 CP)

• Blast 6d6, Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 8 END

Cryokinesis
(24 CP)

• (Total: 50 Active Cost, 24 Real Cost) Blast 4d6, Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus Drain SPD 2d6, Area Of Effect (8m Cone; +1/4) (25 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 14)

• Costs 10 END

Heat Vortex
(18 CP)

• (Total: 40 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) Blast 1d6, Damage Over Time, Target's defenses only apply once, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (5-6 damage increments, damage occurs every Turn, can be negated by Heat; +3) (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 9) plus Blast 1d6, Damage Over Time, Target's defenses only apply once, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (5-6 damage increments, damage occurs every Turn, can be negated by Cold; +3) (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 9)

[NOTE:
    This power designates two targets and transfers heat from one to the other, causing cold damage to one and heat damage to the other.
    ]

• Costs 12 END

Psionic Shield
(13 CP)

• Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED), Allocatable (+1/4), Time Limit (1 Minute; +1/2) (26 Active Points); Perceivable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4)

• Costs 3 END

Powers Total: 189

• Costs 6 END

I get the increased END, but what do you see "Cost END to Maintain" actually doing? You already have to use END each time you leap and to use the +8 you will have to pay the extra END each time you leap. What are you trying to "maintain"?

Good call. :)

XS3 Stealth Power Armor

XS3 Stealth Power Armor
(7 CP)

• Resistant Protection (5 PD) (9 Active Points); Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4)

XS3 Stealth Power Armor
(13 CP)

• Invisibility to Sight Group , Custom Adder, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Time Limit (1 Minute; +3/4) (45 Active Points); 3 Charges (-1 1/4), Instant (-1/2), Bright Fringe (-1/4), IIF (-1/4), Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4)

Multipower, 18-point reserve, (18 Active Points); all slots IIF (-1/4), Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4):

Enhance Strength
(1f CP)

• +5 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (7 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4)

Force Field
(1f CP)

• Resistant Protection (12 PD) (18 Active Points); IIF (-1/4), Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4)

Targeting Assist
(1f CP)

• +2 with Ranged Combat (16 Active Points); Can only be used to raise OCV Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (-1 1/2), IIF (-1/4), Unified Power (XS3 Stealth Power Armor; -1/4)

XR4 Heavy Power Armor

XR4 Heavy Power Armor
(6 CP)

• Resistant Protection (12 PD) (18 Active Points); -5 DEX, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (-1), OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR4 Heavy Power Armor; -1/4)

XR4 Heavy Power Armor: Grenade Launcher
(15 CP)

• Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Area Of Effect (3m Radius Explosion; +1/4) (37 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR4 Heavy Power Armor; -1/4)

Multipower, 22-point reserve, (22 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR4 Heavy Power Armor; -1/4):

Enhance Strength
(1f CP)

• +15 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR4 Heavy Power Armor; -1/4)

Force Field
(1f CP)

• Resistant Protection (12 PD) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR4 Heavy Power Armor; -1/4)

XR5 Combat Power Armor

XR5 Combat Power Armor
(7 CP)

• Resistant Protection (8 PD) (12 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR5 Combat Power Armor; -1/4)

• Costs 0 END

Multipower, 18-point reserve, (18 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR5 Combat Power Armor; -1/4):

Enhance Strength
(1f CP)

• +10 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR5 Combat Power Armor; -1/4)

• Costs END

Targeting Assist
(1f CP)

• +2 with Ranged Combat (16 Active Points); Can only be used to raise OCV Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (-1 1/2), OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR5 Combat Power Armor; -1/4)

• Costs END

Force Field
(1f CP)

• Resistant Protection (12 PD) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Unified Power (XR5 Combat Power Armor; -1/4)

• Costs 0 END

Phasor Rifle:

Accurate
(1 CP)

• +2 RSL (4 Active Points); OAF (-1), Limited Power Only works when firing single shots (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

• Costs END

Fusion Battery
(5 CP)

• Endurance Reserve (40 END, 2 REC) Reserve: (12 Active Points); OAF (-1), Unified Power (-1/4); REC: (2 Active Points); Slow Recovery 1 Minute (-1)

• Costs 0 END

Kill
(13 CP)

• Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (40 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout: Stun (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

• Costs 4 END

Stun
(7 CP)

• Blast 4d6, STUN Only (+0), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4) (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout: Kill (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

• Costs 4 END

Phasor Pistol:

Fusion Battery
(3 CP)

• Endurance Reserve (20 END, 1 REC) Reserve: (7 Active Points); OAF (-1), Unified Power (-1/4); REC: (2 Active Points); Slow Recovery 1 Minute (-1)

• Costs 0 END

Kill
(8 CP)

• Killing Attack - Ranged 1 1/2d6 (25 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout: Stun (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

• Costs 2 END

Stun
(4 CP)

• Blast 3d6, STUN Only (+0) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), Lockout: Kill (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

• Costs 2 END

It depends. Apart from the physical defense it provides, the armor is a piece of electronic equipment. I hadn't considered exactly how, but I'd imagine there might be multiple ways to weaken or disable it (possibly including psionics).

I'd personally rely more on the normal focus rules (foci with multiple Powers lose a Power whenever the focus is damaged, see 6e1 379), as Unified Power is specifically a limitation concerning Adjustment Powers. I'd have difficulty myself of seeing someone "Drain Kevlar", for example, in most Heroic campaigns, though I could see a Psi character "jam" a device like the Invisibility circuit listed above (say with a Drain/Suppress). I wouldn't expect the armor defense to weaken at the same time.

JoeG

Since I haven't read 6E cover to cover yet maybe I'm off base, but aren't there "Continuing Charges" anymore? Wouldn't you just make the stealth feature 3 Continuing Charges that last 1 minute (or possibly even Fuel Charge or whatever it's called) instead of buying 0 END, a Time Limit (which seems like it should be a Limitation not an Advantage) and then also taking a Charges Limitation on top of all that? Is this just how it's done in 6E or is there some other reason for complicating the build?

EDIT: P.S. Also still curious on the "Cost END to Maintain" Limitation on the extra Leaping from last page...

You have some neat mental powers here, but I would make a couple suggestions.

First, your Mind Shield is bought as Resistant Protection, but you don't have any mental Killing Attacks, so you might as well buy it as regular Mental Defense because it will offer the same protection for less. That said, the only mental attack you list is Sleep, which means Mind Shield will only be useful against this single attack unless you are planning to expand the list to include Mental Illusions and Mind Control and such.

Sleep as listed is only 5 Damage Classes. On average it will do 9 STN per hit, which may be right where you want it, but in my experience players will turn to heavier firepower unless Sleep has other advantages (like Continuous or Invisible or something).

Your Awareness ability is bought like a combat sense that compensates for blindness (Spatial Awareness) but with the limitation Character is totally unaware of nearby events which means it can't use it in combat. If this is some kind of clairvoyant-type power, you should buy it as Clairsentience. If it is meant to allow characters to operate in the dark or when blinded, you need to drop the limitations.

I like your Enhancement powers. Why not add an Adrenaline Boost: +10 STR?

You might consider more defensive powers. Since TK is established, you might have a Missile Deflection ability. In a similar vein, you could have a Telekinetic Block power which is extra levels with OCV only for Blocking. If you want it to be passive, just buy the TK Block as extra DCV.

You also might consider psychic powers in addition to the psychokinetic and psionic ones you have. A simple ESP bought as +3 Levels with PER rolls can be amazingly handy. Or consider Premonition, bought as +2 Overall Levels. Combat Intuition could be extra levels with All Combat (or possibly broken down into a Brawler and Sharpshooter version for melee and ranged respectively). You could also buy a defensive ability Saw It Coming as Combat Luck. A psychic character might also have a Find Weakness ability which could be bought as a naked Advantage: Armor Piercing.

1)I agree with bigby as far as the Stealth power works. Why is it 3 charges that are "instant" (the default for charges), with a power that lasts 1 min (according to the time limit). I think the way it works as written is you can flick the stealth on for 3 phases if you burn all the charges back to back, but during the segments between phases, you are visible. Also, why is it 0 END? Powers with charges are inherently 0 END.

I suggest just using Invis, 3 Continuing charges: last 1 min (+?), Bright Frindge, IIF, and UP.

Then figure out how the charges recover, by day? by charging? per session? can you recover them between fights?

2) Does everyone sport a Phasor Rifle? Is that considered to be "default gun"?

3) I think Phasor Rifle is just as good (if not better) than any psychic attack. Thus if you take an attack (and don't just use a gun) you are going to be a sucker most of the time. This should be made clear (or possibly give discounts on psy powers that are worse than tech).

4) I assume Phasor weapons work against PD?

5) Are Power Armors supposed to work against Energy weapons? I don't see any ED. Maybe that is why you use the psy powers? so that they ignore armor?

6) The only defense against said psy powers is combat luck and psy powers (and buying up natural ED).

7) CSLs in a framework, just pointing that out (you are the GM so it's legal, just making you aware).

8) Armor + Force Field = Immune to Phasor rifles (max damage on them is 15 Body, you can get above that with your Forcefield on in any armor), Average damage shots only do 9BODY, 18 stun (or 27 with hit locations). If I'm rocking a psy shield, and combat armor + Force Field up, I have 25 PD (if I calc'd correctly). This means you are basically Immune to Phasor Rifles.

9) Maybe Damage Negation for the Force Fields? Experiment with builds

10) I guess the heavy armor is supposed to be like the load lifter from Aliens, because it doesn't seem to wear itself (most power armor is supposed to be reactive to the user, allowing them to do regular activities such as pick up an egg).

Those are just gut responses to your gear chart. I hope some of them help.

Instant Charisma: +20 PRE, only for persuasion, charm, oratory and conversation(-1), costs END to activate(-1/4), Real Cost: 9

Hot Stuff: +10d6 Striking Appearance, costs 1 END per phase to maintain(-1/4), Real Cost: 24

Brainstorming: +30 INT, only for perception, deduction and invention(-1/2), costs END(-1/2), Real Cost: 15