Shattered dimensions

CoreBrute

Your character is hunting down an escaping super villain (Radon or another radiation based villain) who has stolen a special metal which gives off radiation unlike anything else in the documented universe. When your character finds the villain, he starts absorbing the energy of the material, but he's interrupted by the PC. A large explosion occurs and then...

your character wakes up and sees surrounding him 4 different versions of himself. They are different in subtle and not so subtle ways:

1. A being from the 5th dimension, he resembles a cartoon version of yourself (Spider-pig/Batmite) and possess the same powers as yourself (as well as the obvious hammer space and toon like flexibility) and an attitude resembling a cross between the loony tunes and the powerpuff girls.

2. A futuristic version of yourself, except his identity is different. He claims to have been inspired by your character and has tried to simulate your powers with advanced technology. Apparently though he isn't a real crime fighter: He plays in a virtual reality MMO (Champions Online- The Virtual LARP), where he was plucked out of, his real form doesn't have any powers. However his powers are very real, but he doesn't have much of a heroic attitude. He still considers it all a game, like a new plot event. What will you do when he starts tea bagging defeated foes and looting enemies?

3. A version of yourself, he looks about 20 years older than you (and if you have a healing factor you realize how impressive that truly is). He claims to have failed in a great battle and is the only one of his/your team mates to have survived. The world is much darker than it used to be in his world, and he doesn't have a code vs killing. He is less powerful than you because of his age, but far more skilled and willing to use dirty tricks and tactics to hunt down super villain. He is not a villain however.

4. A version who is exactly the same as your character up to a point: When he got his super powers. The event that caused you to develop your super powers, he missed. Whether it's a mutant gene that remains dormant, or missing the school trip where the radioactive spider would have bit you, or never having your parents die and so seek revenge as a vigilante, or even a super hero rescued you from VIPER before they could start their experiments on you. S/he is absolutely normal, or as normal as you were before you got your powers i.e. if you were a billionaire or rock star before you got your powers your dimensional counterpart is still one (maybe a better one because he doesn't have to focus on crime fighting).

Now how does your character handle the fact that there are multiple super heroes claiming to be him running around with their own unique brand of justice, as well as another version of your secret identity running around? And how will you explain to any superheroes who don't know your identity what connection this man has with all the different version of you?

And the great failure the older version of you mumbles about seems to take place in the year 2011.

Finally, before you think things are getting too easy, super villains start changing as well. One moment your hunting a powered armor super villain, the next your fighting an ancient knight who can channel magical lightning through the suit. The decrepit old super villain from the Golden age, trying to hold onto his previous glory, turns into a teenage villain just discovering his powers and villainous inclinations. All these villains though are giving off the same radiation as the weird metal. The radioactive villain is nowhere to be found though...

Amendment:

If your character is not human (Robot, Gnoll, Kryptonian) read here for the changes to your duplicates:

The cartoon character is still the same, just resembling your character.

The Futuristic version of you comes from a planet resembling your world. He is your species, but the technology made his powers resemble yours. If your world is magical however, their world uses a spell that creates a dream world gamers enter by sleeping, and imagining their adventure. Your duplicate was snapped from the dream world, his physical body is still at home.

The older version of you is the same as above.

The secret identity: If your character is a being who doesn't have a secret identity on this world, he is like you except he's never had super powers before, or trained in high tech weaponry etc.

However if your character does have a secret identity, he becomes that identity. For example: Superman's duplicate doesn't have any powers, he is just Clark Kent, Human. He never came from outer space and is a journalist.

Re: Shattered dimensions

All my characters (except Olorin and Futurian) would be a bit taken back, but take it well and note the version that made a mistake may not occur. Olorin has gone through this very thing more than once and would go "Meh. Been there, done that."

Having future version of Futurian would be intersting, since he is from the future. Also Futurian has his powers because he's from the future. A non-powered version would be from the present. He'd love the animated version... since he is almost a toon himself... as least in attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Your character is hunting down an escaping super villain (Radon or another radiation based villain) who has stolen a special metal which gives off radiation unlike anything else in the documented universe. When your character finds the villain, he starts absorbing the energy of the material, but he's interrupted by the PC. A large explosion occurs and then...

your character wakes up and sees surrounding him 4 different versions of himself. They are different in subtle and not so subtle ways:

1. A being from the 5th dimension, he resembles a cartoon version of yourself (Spider-pig/Batmite) and possess the same powers as yourself (as well as the obvious hammer space and toon like flexibility) and an attitude resembling a cross between the loony tunes and the powerpuff girls.

2. A futuristic version of yourself, except his identity is different. He claims to have been inspired by your character and has tried to simulate your powers with advanced technology. Apparently though he isn't a real crime fighter: He plays in a virtual reality MMO (Champions Online- The Virtual LARP), where he was plucked out of, his real form doesn't have any powers. However his powers are very real, but he doesn't have much of a heroic attitude. He still considers it all a game, like a new plot event. What will you do when he starts tea bagging defeated foes and looting enemies?

3. A version of yourself, he looks about 20 years older than you (and if you have a healing factor you realize how impressive that truly is). He claims to have failed in a great battle and is the only one of his/your team mates to have survived. The world is much darker than it used to be in his world, and he doesn't have a code vs killing. He is less powerful than you because of his age, but far more skilled and willing to use dirty tricks and tactics to hunt down super villain. He is not a villain however.

4. A version who is exactly the same as your character up to a point: When he got his super powers. The event that caused you to develop your super powers, he missed. Whether it's a mutant gene that remains dormant, or missing the school trip where the radioactive spider would have bit you, or never having your parents die and so seek revenge as a vigilante, or even a super hero rescued you from VIPER before they could start their experiments on you. S/he is absolutely normal, or as normal as you were before you got your powers i.e. if you were a billionaire or rock star before you got your powers your dimensional counterpart is still one (maybe a better one because he doesn't have to focus on crime fighting).

Now how does your character handle the fact that there are multiple super heroes claiming to be him running around with their own unique brand of justice, as well as another version of your secret identity running around? And how will you explain to any superheroes who don't know your identity what connection this man has with all the different version of you?

And the great failure the older version of you mumbles about seems to take place in the year 2011.

Finally, before you think things are getting too easy, super villains start changing as well. One moment your hunting a powered armor super villain, the next your fighting an ancient knight who can channel magical lightning through the suit. The decrepit old super villain from the Golden age, trying to hold onto his previous glory, turns into a teenage villain just discovering his powers and villainous inclinations. All these villains though are giving off the same radiation as the weird metal. The radioactive villain is nowhere to be found though...

Amendment:

If your character is not human (Robot, Gnoll, Kryptonian) read here for the changes to your duplicates:

The cartoon character is still the same, just resembling your character.

The Futuristic version of you comes from a planet resembling your world. He is your species, but the technology made his powers resemble yours. If your world is magical however, their world uses a spell that creates a dream world gamers enter by sleeping, and imagining their adventure. Your duplicate was snapped from the dream world, his physical body is still at home.

The older version of you is the same as above.

The secret identity: If your character is a being who doesn't have a secret identity on this world, he is like you except he's never had super powers before, or trained in high tech weaponry etc.

However if your character does have a secret identity, he becomes that identity. For example: Superman's duplicate doesn't have any powers, he is just Clark Kent, Human. He never came from outer space and is a journalist.

Well let's see:

Badger, is a half-breed human-alien (human like alien except for the hereditary powers)

1. Nothing special to mention other than looking cartoony.

2. Future version-probably simulated the powers with some kind of blaster cannon under the wrist for energy blast. Some kind of jet pack for flight. Not sure for the super-agility type stuff.

3. Well, Badger doesnt have a CvK to begin with (the boy scout team leader tends to keep him in check). And isnt above dirty tricks either. So, basically the same except looks in his late 40s/early 50s.

4. Hmm, well. It is hereditary. ANd it seems to be a "dominant" gene for the powers. No, known half-breeds lack powers. But, if his mother and sister hadnt been killed, he wouldnt have honed those powers to go get revenge. Wouldnt have been a villain, wouldnt have fought against that damn super-"boyscout". ANd wouldnt have eventually gotten a pardon in exchange for joining the "boyscout's" group and help fighting villains (One villain of which was said murderer). So, he'd probably be stronger, faster than your average human, but probably not much beyond NCM. And almost certainly not able to produce energy blast (some weaker full-blooded members of the species cant do that, anyhow). Basically an unskilled, high-end to just above human-threshold level person who is a farmer. Probably with his still-living little sister (who probably would also be of similar abilities). They may or may not have had families of their own to help on the family farm. (Badger would be around 30, his sister 4-5 years younger). His human mother would be in her early-to mid 60s, so she'd still be there most likely. More than likely happier and simpler life.

Now from Frosty Bob.

1. Well, hammer space would be convenient to keep all his guns and ammo. Course, he may or may not already make wolf and whistle calls towards good looking women. And he has been with harder than giant mallets by women in the past.

2. Dude is immortal (super healing to be technical) and has guns. The latter isnt to hard to duplicate. Not sure how to do the former in a video game (barring game cheat)

3. Looks 20 years older? Yeah that is a "DAMN!" Current Bob would comment how much of a wuss he has become. (yeah, he'd almost have to be wussier, because the description did largely describe Bob).

4. The 4th version would be a gravestone. Bob has been alive for over 100 years (if not much longer). And his wild lifestyle is really conducive to long life barring granted immortality from Death himself.

Actually for Frosty Bob' date=' does he have a secret identity to hide the fact he is immortal? Millionaire playboy, CEO of Frost Industries etc? If he does, that secret identity is this one's real identity, with no super powers. Who you pretend to be, is who he is.[/quote']

Well, he does have a real name: Robert Frost Slade. (despite the fact he probably predates the actual Robert Frost). It is doubtful that is his real name. But, for practical purposes that could apply, yes.

your character wakes up and sees surrounding him 4 different versions of himself.

1. A being from the 5th dimension, he resembles a cartoon version of yourself

Vitus would narrow his eyes, suspecting that this sort of imitation does nothing for his dignity... but as long as the imitator doesn't actually interfere with Vitus' plans he'd be willing to let that slide.

2. The Futuristic version of you comes from a planet resembling your world. He is your species' date=' but the technology made his powers resemble yours. If your world is magical however, their world uses a spell that creates a dream world gamers enter by sleeping, and imagining their adventure. [/quote']

Could be worth investigating, especially since it implies another race of sophisticated gnolls. The Dreamlands are indeed one way he's been researching, to get off this damn rock. As far as his behavior here goes, slap him around a few times to drive home the point that getting himself killed here will count, that the AI for NPC villains is quite good, and that civilians are off-limits. Apart from that, let him knock himself out.

3. A version of yourself' date=' he looks about 20 years older than you (and if you have a healing factor you realize how impressive that truly is). He claims to have failed in a great battle and is the only one of his/your team mates to have survived. The world is much darker than it used to be in his world, and he doesn't have a code vs killing. He is less powerful than you because of his age, but far more skilled and willing to use dirty tricks and tactics to hunt down super villain. He is not a villain however.[/quote']

Even less of a code vs. killing? MORE likely to use dirty tricks? That's pretty scary actually. But the lone survivor thing, again, would be depressing. As would this evidence that he's still on this damn planet. I'm sure they'd have a lot of sympathetic glances for each other as they incinerate some idiot mook.

4. He is absolutely normal' date=' or as normal as you were before you got your powers.[/quote']

That'd hurt, seeing a version of Vitus that would probably be a much happier individual, despite his current bafflement at being several universes away from his village on Aura. Put him somewhere safe, and try not to to ask too many questions about his home life, before finding some way to get him back there.

Say I choose to interpret Brick House (Thanks Lucius) :

I guess all those versions of "me" wold have got very similar behavior and way of mind.

Meaning after big words fights with my double, I'll certainly try to make the better of it, and invite them to join me and help me the way the are able to, till we can send them back in their own universe.

But could the world survive a quadruplet of bimbos like me ? :P

That's another story

Say I choose to interpret Brick House (Thanks Lucius) :

I guess all those versions of "me" wold have got very similar behavior and way of mind.

Meaning after big words fights with my double, I'll certainly try to make the better of it, and invite them to join me and help me the way the are able to, till we can send them back in their own universe.

But could the world survive a quadruplet of bimbos like me ? :P

That's another story

God, I want to hear that story. Also remember, one of the bimbos has no super powers. And given one of the possible origins Lucius gave you, you might not even be a girl. Odd questions to explain to your team mates.

I'd say the powerless bimbo is then the most powerful of all !

Because she's liek a the princess of the new-age, been rescued always by the good guys, and making them team for a good reason !

Who said : Save the cheerleader, save the world yet ? !

God' date=' I want to hear that story. Also remember, one of the bimbos has no super powers. And given one of the possible origins Lucius gave you, you might not even be a girl. [/quote']

*Falls over laughing* Even I didn't think of that! Poor Bertram Richard House. "What do you mean, you're me if I were a girl and had superpowers?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary still likes the idea of her as a fembot. "she know's she built....literally"