Dark Piper's Dilemma

Clonus

A wealthy person who has befriended one of the identities or a dependent of your character finds itself in a strange situation. It's child has disappeared and there was a witness report of a hooded form playing the flute associated with said disappearance. Now your character's friend has received a strange ransom demand, a one million dollar payoff...or the kid will be returned. What would your character do or say about that?

Re: Dark Piper's Dilemma

Well, Vitus would be highly suspicious ( as always ) and after the Pied Piper thing is explained to him, even more so, but he'd urge the person to not pay, get the kid back then have the kid watched damned closely for some months.

Zero would use deep telepathic probes to look for any traps or post-hypnotic suggestions set to trigger after the child's return.

Rumbaba would be... baffled, frankly. Get the kid back, of course!And then have him taking up to the temples in case he's a changeling, or demon in disguise, or whatnot. Removing geases etcwould probably be a good idea too, likewise getting him a bone ring to prevent mind control.

Not a dream, not an imaginary story, not a typographical error. The Dark Piper's ransom note says he wants a million bucks, or he'll return the kid. Drhoz interpreted what I wrote correctly. I'm just curious what players might anticipate.

*facepalms at Starblaze's Johnny Quest joke*

Hrmm... Let's take my old character from Uberworld--CrashTest from the Hero City campaign. I know I'm sharp enough for a ride-boy speedster to see that "or he will be returned" threat is highly suspicious. (It may very well be Eisner's grand-kid or someone that was taken.) The legend of the Pied Piper is well-known to suspect a psychic component in it--but I'd still recommend not paying it and have Fantasia (the group mage) and both Dr. Tomorrow I and II (the group leader/genius and the gadgetteer, accordingly) find out if there's anything wrong with the kid and fix it if there is.

I'm pretty confident that whatever is fishy about it, it's likely it won't smell like Jaws. ("Villan" team of Heroes of Filmland, based in MGM Studios.)

Incarnating Brick House, in all her magnificient bimboish moment, and because she doesn't like to be tricked, she will rescue the kid, then fix what may be wrong with him/her.

Been who she is, she has to be an examplary of goodness.

And of course offer her good side to the camera after a proper pimpering and glossy make up check !

That is it to be a Superheroine sex-symbol :P