Help Needed Locating Generator

Mindscape

Re: Help Needed Locating Generator

I need a good quality map generator for a fantasy city. My group really wants to flesh out the city my campaign is taking place in' date=' so it needs to be good enough to where when I print it out they can still tell one building from another. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies.[/quote']I think your best bet is a copy of Photoshop (if you can afford the mortgage payment) or Gimpshop and a trip over to the Cartographer's Guild (www.cartographersguild.com). Check out the tutorials section. It may take some work and some practice, but there are a couple of really good city tutorials over there. Sadly, mostly for Photoshop (which is why I suggested Gimpshop).

Failing that, you can try something along the lines of Profantasy's City Designer. I believe it is an add-on for Campaign Cartographer, so it might be a little pricey (nowhere near the levels of Photoshop though).

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Help Needed Locating Generator

I like AutoRealm, but I've gotten the most use out of the roleplaying city map generator mayapuppies posted. It's fast and (assuming you put a little thought into the parameters you enter) can be used to generate a bunch of distinct maps in a short amount of time. Handy for the GM on the go.