Can you summon a vehicle?

Pizza Man

I reading the rules still, and haven't built a vehicle yet.

I have a summoner with a 60 point multipower, Psidestep (see link in sig). with a single slot can I summon a vehicle and dismiss it after I'm done? Psidestep summons guns missiles, even a few dog soldiers all from a alternate dimensions. I don't want a jet pack, I want a hover car like this:

http://lipatov.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d26l35e

(check out his gallery, its awesome! DA is so full of inspiration!)

dieselpunkhovercraftbyl.jpg

Re: Can you summon a vehicle?

I have a character that Summons a Vehicle - for balance sake we decided that the character should also purchase the Vehicle in question; thus we skipped the whole "Loyalty/Specific Being" issue completely and decided that was good enough to go with.

So; two items were bought:

The Vehicle

A Summon Power

When I asked this to Steve many years ago' date=' the answer was 'Yes, but you have to buy it with the Maximum Loyalty modifier'.[/quote']

This is exactly how I did in this beginning version of Batman:

12 Bat Vehicle Remote: Summon 60-point Bat Vehicles, 8 Recoverable Charges (+0), Expanded Class of Beings Very Limited Group (Bat Vehicles: Boat, Car and Jet; +1/4), Invisible to Sight Group, Source Only (+1/4), Slavishly Devoted (+1) (30 Active Points); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), OIF (-1/2) [ 8 rc ]

Note that this was built as part of his Utility Belt VPP and only represents the earliest versions of the Bat Vehicles. Since they are built on only 60 active points they are average in every way except for the homing option which is probably closer to a Mythbuster RC setup than later versions of the Batmobile and other vehicles. I agree with ghost-angel that (future versions of) it should be purchased as a vehicle as well. At the current level it is really just a plot device ability to explain how he gets around between scenes.

does this mean the vehicle can only obey n commands before it leaves?

If you want the summoned vehicle to have the ability to do anything besides go to x or go to y then it probably needs to also have an on-board Computer and/or AI. Definitely increases the cost of the Summon.

If you want the summoned vehicle to have the ability to do anything besides go to x or go to y then it probably needs to also have an on-board Computer and/or AI. Definitely increases the cost of the Summon.

I would allow the player to use the +5 CPs for 2x things summoned to cover the AI.

Well I'm going simple with Flight bought with a physical manifestation. I'll call it "Summon Flying Car" and it can be shot down.

It will simulate close enough a vehicle summoned and sent back (possibly wreck and damaged) to its home dimension.

I'm spending 45 points, and buying 30 movement with 5 points for 2 X mass (two passenger model) and 8X NCM.

I never did get the whole slave loyalty thing. I think it should be based on how hard it is for someone else to take control of it. A Bike would be a +0, a car (need keys, or right skill roll) a +1/4, up to genetic coding at +1

I never did get the whole slave loyalty thing. I think it should be based on how hard it is for someone else to take control of it. A Bike would be a +0' date=' a car (need keys, or right skill roll) a +1/4, up to genetic coding at +1[/quote']

That would work. I think I'll ste...err...borrow this:D