Maps for Secret Military Bases

Malhanon

'Ello Heroes!

So, after a long absence from GM'ing, I am running a Dark Champions Game. Well it is really a modern, low power Champs game with... Aw heck it is a big old smorgage board of game elements.

Anywho, I have not run, and hence written, anything long enough that my old links and sources are now dead and defunked.

I am looking for a map of a secret, underground military base with high tech labs and junk. I could do it myself, but invariably I miss something like bathrooms and I get caught with my pants down. Something no GM likes. :)

I was hoping someone out there might now a good source for modern maps and floor plans I could use in general, and something I could use and adapt for my military base.

Thanks!

Mark

Re: Maps for Secret Military Bases

This is an old (ca. 1910) base, not a new one, but Fort Worden -- an old US Coastal Artillery installation has its overall plan on line. The one thing it doesn't have is a scale bar (which is a curious omission), but the overall park map on that linked page shows an area approximately 2 miles by 1 mile. If you ever get over in this neck of the woods, it's a great place to visit; the guns are all gone but the concrete emplacements are all still there.

@dmjalund-

NONONO! I ain't no spy. Loyal Hero Gamer since, umm long time. College even!

@Cancer-

Thanks! That works perfectly for another base I was going to need.

But the base i am looking for is more of an underground affair, like the Racoon complex from the first Resident Evil movie.

Thanks folks!

I am looking for a map of a secret' date=' underground military base with high tech labs and junk. I could do it myself, but invariably I miss something like bathrooms and I get caught with my pants down. Something no GM likes. :)[/quote']

Don't take yer pants down until you find the bathroom, and you'll be okay! :-)

What about HERO System Ultimate Base? There are a number of maps inside. Also, aside from the different bases in there, it also refers readers to some other HERO publications. I've added page numbers for the maps I could see as useful from the books I've looked through.

The Book of the Destroyer

The Book of Dragons (Probably less useful for modern campaigns.)

The Book of the Machine

Champions Battlegrounds

DEMON

Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds (Again, probably less useful for modern campaigns.)

Masterminds and Madmen

Stronghold

Thrilling Hero Adventures: the Pennsylvania Aerie (Aircraft Hangar) on pgs. 89-90 and the Voodoo Fortress (Command Post?) on pg. 171

Thrilling Places: the Grant Building (Who says the floors have to be above ground) on pg. 7, the Laussat Plantation on pgs. 49-52, Dr. Fang's Hidden Base on pg. 75, the Pharoah Club on pgs. 93-95, Schloss Eisenwolf on pgs. 102-109

VIPER: the Aerie on pgs. 87-88

If you are looking for something a little less expensive, I did a quick search for blueprints and found Stanford's CS Building Blueprints, though they may need to be cleaned up a little with your favorite image editor. Also, though not exactly secret, this bunker was up for bidding on eBay a while back. Might be something to get you started.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks LordGhee! That's really cool and I just thought of an awesome adventure seed using one of those towers.

But what I am needing/looking for is something like the underground Umbrella Corp complex under Racoon city from the first Resident Evil movie.

Thanks for the help everyone!

this is a great secret base oh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plum_Island_Animal_Disease_Center

then in England is porton down and the US is Fort Detrick

here is a great one : A PYRAMID with a Spinks that is a GAINT ROBOT

http://pinktentacle.com/images/secret_base_pyramid_2.jpg

An Ufo base. . . .really . .. with shuttle to LA . . . . Underground even.

http://www.unsolvedrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/underground-base-dulce.jpg

man you can google any thing LOL