6e Rule Book

Chuckem

Re: 6e Rule Book

Since this isn't a rules question, I've moved it to the Discussion board.

The 6E core rulebook (a two-volume set) contains all the rules you need to play! You don't have to purchase any other books, though we certainly hope you will. ;) However, the rulebook doesn't include a pre-made setting or anything like that -- it's up to you to decide what sort of campaign you want to run and how to set it up.

Anyone else out there have any tips or advice on setting up a new campaign with 6E?

Starting off with soopers but I plan on delving into pulp and maybe starjammer-esque. I still prefer 2e D&D for my fantasy fix though. I am the only person in town with a Champions rulebook and it is 4e. I am hoping to create some interest in Hero system here...

If you need a boost in creating Superhero campaigns then the Champions source book is a good start.

If you already have an idea but want to ease Players into the whole big concept, I suggest picking up Champions Powers at the least, possibly the Hero System Equipment Guide as well. The Champions Villains volumes are also good if you want a whole lot of sample characters to either have pre-made for your campaign, or see what can be done with the Hero System now-a-days.

As a relative newcomer myself I would recommend the minimum of the following for Champions setting:

6E1 Character creation

6E2 Combat & Adventuring

Champions Powers

Champions book

Champions book explains the specifics of the super system over others.

Champions powers is good for players to think of powers relating to a concept and sorting out their characters.

Then it depends on the budget after that. I have picked up a number of 5th edition books as they are cheaper and involve only slight changes to make them suitable (Viper book, CK&C, Sharper than a Serpents tooth etc). It depends what sort of theme you want. But a lot of other books have come out since I bought them.

Also keep reading these forums will give you ideas as well.

If you are trying to get other people interested' date=' you aren't going to want to whack them with ten pounds of books. You should also get the Basic Rulebook, and just show that to other people at first. :)[/quote']It also makes a good "Player's Handbook" sort of thing for players who would like to have a more easily-portable condensed version of the rules to refer to during games that they aren't running...

It also makes a good "Player's Handbook" sort of thing for players who would like to have a more easily-portable condensed version of the rules to refer to during games that they aren't running...

Yes, it can help for that. But the rules are different in a lot of points. For example, Multipower work higly different in the Basic Rules and Full Rules.