New players welcome

quozaxx

Are you new to role playing?

Have you played role playing games before but new to Hero System?

Have you tried Hero Central (herocentral.net)?

If you answer "yes" to any of these question, check out the new game on Hero Central.

It is a super hero game (which is why I'm posting it here):thumbup:

Often times, you want to play, but don't have a place to play. That is what the game "New Players Welcome" is all about.

(I will also post this in the Player Finder section too)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New players welcome

How about if we've gamed before' date=' have played Champions before, but have no groups in our area to game with and have not yet tried Hero Central?[/quote']

By all means yes!!! It's the perfect opportunity to try out Hero Central! It's different from face-to-face, but if you post consistently it is fun.

Sorry to inundate you with questions, but I'm interested in this game. So...

What is the point total for the characters?

The approximate/equivalent year?

Technology level?

Major differences between this world and yours?

How often will the posting be expected/required?

Is this 4 color, gritty, dark champions, or other genre?

Thank you, Beazulbob

What is the game about Quozaxx?

CES

The game is based in the Champions Universe. So if you have that book, it will be helpful.

Sentry City is a normal city with it's normal set of super powered problems. Technically the fictional City lies somewhere between Oklahoma City and Kansas City. Not as big as New York or Los Angeles, but a decent sized city.

If you took Kansas City stats, and added the stats of Oklahoma City and then divided it by 2 and rounded it to the nearest whole number; you'd have Sentry City.

Sorry to inundate you with questions, but I'm interested in this game. So...

What is the point total for the characters?

The approximate/equivalent year?

Technology level?

Major differences between this world and yours?

How often will the posting be expected/required?

Is this 4 color, gritty, dark champions, or other genre?

Thank you, Beazulbob

Total points 275 base points plus 75 disadvantage points for 5th Edition (350 pts total) , or 400 base points with 75 matching complications for 6th Edition (400 pts total)

Why the difference in points? Because 6th edition characters "cost" more to make.

The year is 2011.

Technology and differences? Check the Champions Universe.

I would like posting to be 2 to 3 times a week. Less that that seems to kill post-by-post games. I check the game pretty much daily.

It's silver age / 4 color type of game. It will have shades of gray areas.

Sounds great! I'm trying to recover my password for herocentral so I can log in / apply. As to characters, I have 2 in mind (not both at once, simply 2 to see which one you like). Both are 5th edition.

The first is more 4 color, a teen with dimension altering powers and the ability to fold space to create origami creatures based on alice in wonderland. He is a happy/positive code vs killing true blue hero. His dark side - he stole a costume from a display for a heroic side kick. Why? The costume material he had to work with couldn't stand up to his force field, and his allowance isn't enough to purchase the exotic materials his suit would need. For what its worth, he does feel guilty about the whole thing.

The second is much more gritty. A fellow who accidently killed a fellow student during a fight because his force powers triggered. Not intentional, he still went to jail. Fealing guilt and seeking redemption, he has a 'stained' life. As a normal, he is an ex felon trying to make it as a private detective. As a hero, he is thought of as a mercenary. He has sought paying work as a hero - mostly because he has a staggering student loan, inability to find a decent paying job where he isn't working for himself, and needs to get by. So, he isn't very popular in either identity.

Would either character be workable?

New Heroes Welcome! Sentry City

[b]Cougar (Sentry City) - Alexander "Alexi" Mckenna[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
30    STR     20   30      15-       HTH Damage 6d6  END [3]
33    DEX     69   33      16-       OCV 11 DCV 11
30    CON     40   30      15-
15    BODY    10   15      12-
13    INT     3   13      12-       PER Roll 12-
11    EGO     2   11      11-       ECV: 4
23    PRE     13   23      14-       PRE Attack: 4 1/2d6
20    COM     5   20      13-
15    PD      9   15/25             15/25 PD (0/10 rPD)
15    ED      9   15/25             15/25 ED (0/10 rED)
6    SPD     17   6                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
12    REC     0   12
45    END     -7   45
45    STUN    0   45
10    RUN      8   10"                END [2]
4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]
20    LEAP     0   20"                20" forward, 10" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 200[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
5     [b][i]Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Always On (-1/2) - END=0
6     [b][i]Powerful Legs[/i][/b]: Leaping +14" (20" forward, 10" upward) (14 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Requires An Acrobatics Skill Roll (-1/2) - END=3
5     [b][i]Grace[/i][/b]: Knockback Resistance -5" (10 Active Points); Requires an Acrobatics Roll (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) - END=1
      - END=
15     [b][i]Armored Costume[/i][/b]: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) - END=0
5     [b][i]Feline Claws[/i][/b]: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Requires A Climbing Skill Roll (-1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 36[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
8      +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
4      Killing Strike:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6
4      Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 50 STR to Disarm
4      Martial Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 55 STR vs. Grabs
4      Martial Flash:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Flash 6d6
3      Martial Grab:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR for holding on
4      Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 10d6 Strike
3      Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 8d6 +v/5, Target Falls

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 34[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
0      AK: Sentry City, MO (Everyman Skill) 11-
3      Acrobatics 16-
3      Acting 14-
3      Breakfall 16-
3      Climbing 16-
3      Contortionist 16-
3      Conversation 14-
10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3      High Society 14-
3      Jack of All Trades
1      1)  PS:  Actor (2 Active Points) 11-
1      2)  PS: Circus Preformer (2 Active Points) 11-
1      3)  PS: Dancer (2 Active Points) 11-
1      4)  PS: Model (2 Active Points) 11-
1      5)  PS: Singer (2 Active Points) 11-
1      6)  PS: Stuntman (2 Active Points) 11-
0      7)  PS: Superhero (Everyman Skill) 11-
0      Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
1      Language:  French (basic conversation)
1      Language:  Russian (basic conversation)
3      Oratory 14-
3      Persuasion 14-
3      Scholar
1      1)  KS: Current Events (2 Active Points) 11-
1      2)  KS: The Circus World (2 Active Points) 11-
1      3)  KS: The Entertainment World (2 Active Points) 11-
1      4)  KS: The Modeling World (2 Active Points) 11-
1      5)  KS: The Stunt World (2 Active Points) 11-
1      6)  KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-
3      Seduction 14-
3      Shadowing 12-
3      Sleight Of Hand 16-
3      Stealth 16-
3      Streetwise 14-
3      Tactics 12-
3      Teamwork 16-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 78[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
1      Fringe Benefit:  International Driver's License
1      Fringe Benefit:  Passport

[b]PERKS Cost: 2[/b]

[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5     DNPC:  Tamara McKenna (Big Sister) 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC)
10     Distinctive Features:  Mutant (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)
10     Hunted:  PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)
10     Hunted:  Green Dragon 11- (As Pow, Mildly Punish)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Kill Only To Protect Innocents Common, Moderate
15     Psychological Limitation:  Thrillseeker (Common, Strong)
15     Social Limitation:  Public ID: Alexander Mckenna Frequently (11-), Major

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 75[/b]

Base Pts: 275
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Background/History: Alexander "Alexi" McKenna was born in 1985 in Sentry City, Missouri. His father is Sasha Kostya McKenna, a former Russian Olympic Gymnast and Spetsnaz Fitness Instructor who now teaches Martial Arts and Fitness Training. His mother is Murron Tara McKenna a Ballet Dancer, Actress, and Model who now teaches Ballet. Finally his big sister is the supermodel and actress Tamara McKenna.

He was literally raised in the family Arts & Athletics Center. Alex was an excellent student, but a gifted athlete. He excelled at anything he tried, but his passion was to join the US Olympic Gymnastics Team. He eventually won a spot as an alternate, but his dreams of Olympic glory were smashed when Doctors discovered he was a mutant.

Life went on and a few weeks later a talent scout for Cirque du Soleil offered him a position as a Artist/Acrobat. Still a minor his parents agreed. He worked for them for 2 years and then his big sister called. She had been bugging him for years to join her in Paris and work as a Model and Actor. Now 19 he readily agreed. While there he discovered Parkour, the Art of Movement during a Stunt Work shop and quickly became an expert.

Then fate stepped in. During a fashion show in featuring Catherine Marie Beauchamp, is a French fashion designer and the head of one of the ten haute couture design houses in Paris. Eurostar attacked and took hostages.

Fortunately UNTIL received a tip and Defender Agents arrived along with the several French superheroes Siene (Left & Right Blank), the Chevalier, Autour (Goshawk), and a PRIMUS Silver Avenger arrived together.

Fiacho and the rest of Eurostar, caught off guard launched an immediate all out attack. Unfortunately Fiacho neglected to issue orders to his Terrorists. They panicked and then turn on the hostages.

Alexi's dressed in a tuxedo and wearing mountain lion mask felt his perceptions change. Everything and everyone seemed to move in slow motion. Seeing his sister threatened an animal scream burst from his throat, startled the Terrorists, who swung around to face this unknown threat firing as they brought their weapons to bear.

Moving with superhuman speed and agility he moved in on the Terrorists. He struck out instinctively and quickly took them out. Outside Eurostar had underestimated UNTIL and the Heroes. They fought a retreat and unfortunately Fiacho's arrived in time to find a male model standing over his Terrorists. Alex turned to see Fiacho and they maneuvered for position.

Fiacho's training, augmentations, and experience vs Alexi's youth, raw talent, and natural aptitude. Experience won, but before he could deliver the " coup de grâce" he was rescued by La Panthere. Between them they managed to drive him off. Unfortunately in the battle they had both lost their masks and they recognized each other.

La Panthere - "Well well Messier! It seems we both have secret to keep. Cesi n'est pas Alex?"

Cougar - "Oui Madame Beauchamp"

Smiling insanely at each other they ducked back into the dressing rooms without being seen and changed. Then walked out together arm in arm together as if nothing happened. Alex left Madam Beaucamp to find his sister and see that she was safe. She was more concerned about him doing something reckless. She took one look at him and knew that he was the one who knocked out the terrorists.

Tamara - "I think we had better talk"

Alex - [smiling crazily] "Ooooh yeah!"

A few days later Alex received a delivery from Catherine Marie Beauchamp with a note. Inside was a costume made of a BioSteel body stocking with Optical Camouflage, gloves, and helmet.

The note read "With great power comes great responsibility" "So use responsibly Cesi n'est pas Cougar"

Madame Beauchamp

xOxOxOx

Personality/Powers: Cougar's primary reason for donning a costume and fighting crime is protect those who can not protect themselves and and the thrill of it. Cougar's strength, agility, speed, durability, and endurance are all at superhuman levels. He also possesses a Healing factor and has mastered the art of Pakour.

Quote: "Not a good day to be a bad guy?"

"Show Me! Don't talk me to death"

"I am not the Citizen Soldier, but I do my part!"

Appearance: Under his mask, Cougar is supermodel good looking in his early twenties (roughly 21 or 22 years old). He's in phenomenally good physical shape, with a strong, muscular build. As Cougar, Alex wears a dark gray BioSteel silk body stocking and full faced Feline stylized helmet.

Campaign Use/Plot Hooks: 1.) Dependent NPCs, 2.) Mutant prey of Minute Man Robots/I.H.A., 3.) VIPER wants to deal with this meddler, 4.) Green Dragon and Cougar have faced off numerous times. So far Cougar has managed to earn a draw.5.) His PS's and KS's can get him into lots of trouble including his looks. 6.) Not to mention his Rivalry.

Cheers

QM

Cougar aka Alexander McKenna did not destroy the Olympic Dream' date=' but had it taken from him by the International Olympic Committee. [/quote']

Neither did she.

I meant that her olympic dream was destroyed by becomming a obvious Metahuman (Mutant might not be entirely rigth for her origin), like his was destroyed by being detected as Mutant (a not so obvious Metahuman).

Cool what does she look like?

;)

The picture are linked in this post:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/84654-6th-Edition-Brick?p=2151584#post2151584

But unfortunately they are hosted on Herocentral

I am not so certain if I am going to use those values exactly as written there, since my understanding of the values has changed a little bit. And my concept changed a little bit too/there are a lot of different interpretations for what her weakness is/how it works.

Sounds great! I'm trying to recover my password for herocentral so I can log in / apply. As to characters, I have 2 in mind (not both at once, simply 2 to see which one you like). Both are 5th edition.

The first is more 4 color, a teen with dimension altering powers and the ability to fold space to create origami creatures based on alice in wonderland. He is a happy/positive code vs killing true blue hero. His dark side - he stole a costume from a display for a heroic side kick. Why? The costume material he had to work with couldn't stand up to his force field, and his allowance isn't enough to purchase the exotic materials his suit would need. For what its worth, he does feel guilty about the whole thing.

The second is much more gritty. A fellow who accidently killed a fellow student during a fight because his force powers triggered. Not intentional, he still went to jail. Fealing guilt and seeking redemption, he has a 'stained' life. As a normal, he is an ex felon trying to make it as a private detective. As a hero, he is thought of as a mercenary. He has sought paying work as a hero - mostly because he has a staggering student loan, inability to find a decent paying job where he isn't working for himself, and needs to get by. So, he isn't very popular in either identity.

Would either character be workable?

I like both characters, but prefer the first. Grumpy characters don't work as well in a post-by-post game as in a face-to-face game. Trust me. Found that out the hard way.

I meant to ask earlier, Q. When is the character cut off date?

CES

I would like to stop applications by Friday. I'm already at 13 PCs and have asked another GM to help out.

I really hate the idea of not letting anyone in. The whole point of this game is to give those new players a place to play.