Current Techology: Bullet-Proof Skin

Ockham's Spoon

Re: Current Techology: Bullet-Proof Skin

Yeah, that's kinda awesome. My rationale for "bulletproof skin" in my supers campaign is somewhat similar--a wholly organic form of carbon nanofiber(yes, I know "organic" means containing carbon) which is integrated as "skin", and which rises to the surface when under stress or in response to an impact.

I'm not sure who would be willing to have their skin swapped out for grafts of this stuff, but it is at least a step in the direction of "street samurai".

Yeah, that's kinda awesome. My rationale for "bulletproof skin" in my supers campaign is somewhat similar--a wholly organic form of carbon nanofiber(yes, I know "organic" means containing carbon) which is integrated as "skin", and which rises to the surface when under stress or in response to an impact.

I'm not sure who would be willing to have their skin swapped out for grafts of this stuff, but it is at least a step in the direction of "street samurai".

Just leave the *ahem* sensitive bits as normal skin? :D

And yes, every form of lightweight futuristic armor in my various gaming and writing endeavors is "carbon nanofibre weave" or some such :doi:

Why leave anything unarmored? As I understand it this stuff is very flexible, it just won't tear enough to let a bullet through (it would bruise like hell though). It is relatively stretchy so you wouldn't have your movement or (ahem) anything else restricted. The downside might be if you had to have surgery. The upside is that if your girlfriend is Loreena Bobbit, you might not need a surgeon in the first place.