Crossover events (has anyone else actually done this)

Lord Mhoram

I haven't actually been able to play for nearly a year. So I've been thinking about some of the better stuff I've been involved in over the years.I ran a 8 or 9 year running champions game; one of the other people in the group did the same thing. We alternated.

And for a single extended multi adventure story arc, we did a crossover event - we timed it when the characters in the games were pretty close to the same powerlevel.

About half of the character I GMed and about half of the Characters he GMed swapped universes (keeping the player mix the same of course, so everyone could play in one universe or another).

So I ran half of my group and half of his, and he did the same.... there were actual extra characters so we both ran two storyline (for 4 groups of different power levels)

The end was a huge fight with everyone there and the megavillian (an alternate dimension version of one of my retired PCs actually).

We as GMs enjoyed it, and from the feedback we got it was great for the players as well**.

So has anyone else ever run the "big summer crossover event" that actually crossed two running Champions game by 2 GMs?

**One of the bits I did in my side - when the switching was first happening I figured that it wasn't isolated to just our two universes, so I asked everyone to tell me their favorite superhero (actually in normal conversation I steered the coversation to this topic and listened)- and I wrote those heroes up and handed them out the next week and said "It would just be for this week and maybe next, but how would you like to play these guys - if you don't you can just play your normal PC"

Everyone took the handouts - we spend about 15 minutes making adjustments the character sheets*, and everyone played their favorite comic hero.We had the Hulk, Cyclops and Wonder Woman for sure... I don't remember the others.

Everyone actually enjoyed that bit too.

* I'm sure Pariah will drop in and leave his comments - he was the other GM, and added a great Disad to his handout character.

Re: Crossover events (has anyone else actually done this)

Not in a Champions game. I was in a D&D 2d Ed game with one of three DMs sharing a homebrew setting they had jointly created (one of them was Kim Mohan, former Dragon Magazine editor). The three DMs lived in seperate cities but kept each other updated on their latest events. My DM's PC group appeared as DM-run NPCs in the other two DM's campaigns, as theirs did in ours.

Not in a Champions game. I was in a D&D 2d Ed game with one of three DMs sharing a homebrew setting they had jointly created (one of them was Kim Mohan' date=' former Dragon Magazine editor). The three DMs lived in seperate cities but kept each other updated on their latest events. My DM's PC group appeared as DM-run NPCs in the other two DM's campaigns, as theirs did in ours.[/quote']

That's pretty cool.

Currently doing that. I'm playing in a group with two GMs. They're doing a X-Men type game and one uses Detroit' date=' the other Vibora Bay. The other second GM plays and then swaps out with the first GM so they can play.[/quote']

I like shared universes.

That was basically what we did, but we each had our own separate universes.

I ran a big summer crossover event on four separate occasions. The conclusion of "Adolf Hitler's Brain Controls PTAH" Storyline was a big crossover, the conclusion of "Warstar Tries to Conquer the World with his primary master plan" was a big crossover, and Mind Over Matter was a big crossover. I really only get to run them rarely. I'm looking forward to the next one, though.

I haven't actually been able to play for nearly a year. So I've been thinking about some of the better stuff I've been involved in over the years.I ran a 8 or 9 year running champions game; one of the other people in the group did the same thing. We alternated.

And for a single extended multi adventure story arc, we did a crossover event - we timed it when the characters in the games were pretty close to the same powerlevel.

About half of the character I GMed and about half of the Characters he GMed swapped universes (keeping the player mix the same of course, so everyone could play in one universe or another).

So I ran half of my group and half of his, and he did the same.... there were actual extra characters so we both ran two storyline (for 4 groups of different power levels)

The end was a huge fight with everyone there and the megavillian (an alternate dimension version of one of my retired PCs actually).

We as GMs enjoyed it, and from the feedback we got it was great for the players as well**.

So has anyone else ever run the "big summer crossover event" that actually crossed two running Champions game by 2 GMs?

When we reorganized several games into the "Wyldstrike Universe" we handled it as a cosmic event that merged several universes into one continuity, part of a plot by an incarnation entropy out to destroy the multiverse.

How about 3 Gms, two universes, three campaigns, two (same universe) being D&D and one being Champions? Mind you, the Champions was in a "dimension hopping" campaign, it was one shot and no combat, but all the characters met. It was a hoot. There was even a "So it's YOUR fault!"moment between the 2 D&D campaigns. I was the GM in the Champions campaign, and kinda ran most of it (Set the tone, etc.)

How about 3 Gms' date=' two universes, three campaigns, two (same universe) being D&D and one being Champions? [/quote']

Cool.

I actually mis remembered some bits - My wife had run a Interdimensional Champions game, and those character showed up (although she didn't GM in the crossover). And the extra's that I passed out ending up being involved for most of the game. That is how we ended up with 4 teams. :)