Vampire

TheNaga

I need some help with my vampires I am working on. Would VPP be the best way to do the following and how does that work out? Also how points should I put into VPP to do the following then? A vampire can transform into the form of any nocturnal predator or nocturnal invader of sheltered homes. While transformed into that form the vampire gain all the abilities of that animal.

Re: Vampire

Using multiform would mean I have to make a sheet for the bat, wolf, owl, and other nocturnal predators or nocturnal invaders of sheltered homes I left out. Is it possible to do the following? The aura surrounding a vampire also makes it impossible to read a vampire's thoughts and memories through telepathy.

Well, you'll need a sheet for those animals with the VPP too, right? If you want to play them that is.

There's standard write-ups for vampire in the Bestiary, iirc, and also Urban Fantasy (both a higher-powered Hollywood vampire as well as a low powered "urban hunter" vampyre).

For an aura blocking Telepathy, that's mental defense or EGO, only for defense against telepathy. Maybe power defense too, I'd have to look the telepathy rules up.

Meadyaon have you looked at only in Hero form (OHID)? You dont have to write up a complete character sheet for each "form". You have all your base abilities (unless you put a limitation on it) and any additional powers when you switch forms. Example wolf form, you can buy extra running, and tracking sense, enhanced perception (specially, sound and scent).

An even easier write up would just use a multipower. For example,

Multipower Reserve 40 points

4 u 40 meters Flight (SFX: you turn into a bat)

2 u 24 meters Running (SFX: you turn into a wolf)

4 u Intangible (SFX: you turn into a cloud of mist)

It's all really up to how detailed you want to be. Some of us don't think it's necessary to be super detailed.

Important sub topic: be careful that you don't do anything you don't want players doing. If the above is too light and breezy (for example, putting movement powers in a Multipower) then don't do it, just take as many points as you need to build it the more complicated way. This prevents arguments, because some players will resent the fact that the GM is allowed to use constructs the players cannot.

• 4 weeks later...

How would I go about setting up how the first vampire was created?

. I think the first vampire came about due to the following. His name is Desmodus. In 350 B.C. Desmodus's former teacher in the mystic arts found out he had turned evil. His former teacher in the mystic arts also found out that he was going to cast a ritual to gain immortality. His former teacher found him while he was casting the ritual and cursed him in the process. When the immortality ritual was finished the first vampire was born.

An even easier write up would just use a multipower. For example,

Multipower Reserve 40 points

4 u 40 meters Flight (SFX: you turn into a bat)

2 u 24 meters Running (SFX: you turn into a wolf)

4 u Intangible (SFX: you turn into a cloud of mist)

It's all really up to how detailed you want to be. Some of us don't think it's necessary to be super detailed.

Important sub topic: be careful that you don't do anything you don't want players doing. If the above is too light and breezy (for example, putting movement powers in a Multipower) then don't do it, just take as many points as you need to build it the more complicated way. This prevents arguments, because some players will resent the fact that the GM is allowed to use constructs the players cannot.

this is simple and sound throw in night vision.

Yes, I'd say a Vampire Power Pool is definitely the way to go.

What?

The only trouble with a straight Multiform is that you have a limited number of forms you can change into. If you want to be able to become 'any nocturnal invader of sheltered homes'*, you might want a single power VPP, with the single power being Multiform. That is a bit sleekit, to be honest, but the only way you can do a true omnimorph.

Of course there are as many types of vampire these days as there are bad movies, cheap paperbacks and TV specials; including, apparently, ones who don't go out in the daylight because it makes them sparkle.

Sheesh...

* Er...

Yes, I'd say a Vampire Power Pool is definitely the way to go.

What?

The only trouble with a straight Multiform is that you have a limited number of forms you can change into. If you want to be able to become 'any nocturnal invader of sheltered homes'*, you might want a single power VPP, with the single power being Multiform. That is a bit sleekit, to be honest, but the only way you can do a true omnimorph.

Of course there are as many types of vampire these days as there are bad movies, cheap paperbacks and TV specials; including, apparently, ones who don't go out in the daylight because it makes them sparkle.

Sheesh...

* Er...

wait, wouldn't it be easier to buy the base powers that the vampire wanted then throw on the variable special effect adavantage? That way he could buy 2d6 hka and with vse he could define it as claws, mouth, bony elbow, or what not. maybe flight and usuable as second movement(could he buy this advantage mulitiple times) to represent flight, swimming, or gliding? In watchers of the dragon, Steve Long shows that with the variable special effect and limitations on a power like HKA, you can create a cheap VPP.

wait' date=' wouldn't it be easier to buy the base powers that the vampire wanted then throw on the variable special effect adavantage? That way he could buy 2d6 hka and with vse he could define it as claws, mouth, bony elbow, or what not. maybe flight and usuable as second movement(could he buy this advantage mulitiple times) to represent flight, swimming, or gliding? In watchers of the dragon, Steve Long shows that with the variable special effect and limitations on a power like HKA, you can create a cheap VPP.[/quote']

Could do (and do not forget the 'alterable point of origin' adder!) but (depending on what you wanted) you would probably also need some sort of size alteration powers and maybe something to alter appearance (unless it was always obvious that the bat/rat/wolf/cockroach was actually The Vampire!). This being Hero, there is always more than one way to flay a feline.