Advance ACV, "To Go On". Coments Welcomed.

steriaca

I do not know if this was covered in APG2, but I'll give it my all for this table.

Normaly, powers go on DEX, unless your using Mental Powers, which goes on EGO. This may not allways fit the charater concept (for example, a 'psudo-mentalist' who's Mental Powers are based on logic manipulation, or a hi-tech gunman from space with a psionic trigered gun which alowes him to fire it at EGO instead of DEX). This table gives you a rougth ideal on what is what. Note: Mental Powers go on DEX is considered 'free' for Mental Powers Based On CON limitation.

Mental Powers go on DEX, +1/4 (standard)

Mental Powers go on DEX +1/2 (high DEX campain)

Mental Powers go on DEX -1/4 (low DEX campain)

Mental Powers go on CON +1/4 (standard)

Mental Powers go on CON +1/2 (high CON campain)

Mental Powers go on CON -1/4 (low CON campain)

Mental Powers go on INT +0 (standard)

Mental Powers go on INT +1/4 (high INT campain)

Mental Powers go on INT -1/4 (low INT campain)

Physical Powers go on EGO +1/4 (standard)

Physical Powers go on EGO +1/2 (high EGO campain)

Physical Powers go on EGO -1/4 (low EGO campain)

Physical Powers go on INT +1/4 (standard)

Physical Powers go on INT +1/2 (high INT campain)

Physical Powers go on INT -1/4 (low INT campain)

Physical Powers go on CON +0 (standard)

Physical Powers go on CON +1/4 (high CON campain)

Physical Powers go on CON -1/4 (low CON campain)

Re: Advance ACV, "To Go On". Coments Welcomed.

This seems entirely redundant to me. What does this do that Alternate Combat Value (6E1' date=' page 318) doesn't do? (Except cost more for no apparent reason?)[/quote']

You mean besides me not having that book (only 6eBR and APG1)? Well, I had the idea, and wanted to see what eveyone thinks. Steve says officialy buy 'limited power' for it to go on a lower speed stat or Lighting Reflex to simulate a higher speed stat.

But that haasen't stoped me from asking for opinions. What would YOU put them at, if YOU were doing something like this?

But that haasen't stoped me from asking for opinions. What would YOU put them at' date=' if YOU were doing something like this?[/quote']

It depends a lot on the difference between current Stat and new Stat.

If the new stat is better, I agree with Steve Long: Just buy lightning reflexes with a Limitation "Total Initiative can't be higher than EGO". Unless a Drain to thsi is common (Because of a Complciation or nemesis), this might not be worth much of a Limtiation Value.

If it's lower, then it depends on how much before it is worth any Limitation on the Power or the Dexterity Score.

OK...That seems fine. But what if your building a 'pisonic trigered small arms' for anyone to use in a Star Hero game? It is a bit hard to know how much Lighting Reflex to buy with the limitation "Only To Make DEX Equal To EGO" when you don't exactly know who would be using it at the time.

OK...That seems fine. But what if your building a 'pisonic trigered small arms' for anyone to use in a Star Hero game? It is a bit hard to know how much Lighting Reflex to buy with the limitation "Only To Make DEX Equal To EGO" when you don't exactly know who would be using it at the time.
What's the max Ego (or whatever) value in the campaign?I sispect in most Heroic level game +10 Lighting Reflexes with a note Only to match users *insert CHAracteristic here* built into the weapon would usually sufice.

What's the max Ego (or whatever) value in the campaign?I sispect in most Heroic level game +10 Lighting Reflexes with a note Only to match users *insert CHAracteristic here* built into the weapon would usually sufice.

Especially if we talk about heroic powerlevel here.

But what if your building a 'pisonic trigered small arms' for anyone to use in a Star Hero game?

If it works the same way for literally everyone, that sounds to me like it could just be a campaign ground rule, rather than an Advantage or Limitation or Talent or whatever. As the GM, just say, "This class of small arms works this way," and be done with it. :)

If it works the same way for literally everyone' date=' that sounds to me like it could just be a campaign ground rule, rather than an Advantage or Limitation or Talent or whatever. As the GM, just say, "This class of small arms works this way," and be done with it. :)[/quote']

There is also a certain Security Function: No normal Person can fire it. But that is normally covered by the Focus Limitation.

If the new stat is higher, buying LR to match the new stat is fair.

So why not allow a sellback at the same value if the new stat is lower? If LR is reasonably priced, the sellback should be the fair cost reduction.

Molasses reflexes?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remembers Orcish Martial Arts