DCU conversion

weiknarf

I think Susano has a conversion on his website.

edit: I just checked. It's a Gurps conversion. There was a conversion system described in the old Adventurer's Club but I can't remember which issue.

I'll tell you how I do it.

Strength is x5 DC Strength (Supes has 125 STR)

Dex is x3 DC Dexterity (Supes has 45 DEX?)

Con is 4 x3 DC Body (Supes has 58 CON)

Body is 6 + x2DC Body (Supes has 42 BOD)

Intelligence is 4 + x3 DC Intelligence (Bats has 40 Intelligence)

Ego is 6 +x2 DC Will (Bats has something like 30 Ego) If Aura is higher than will and the character has ECV attacks buy some offensive levels with ECV. If the Mind or Spirit is higher than Will you could buy the character some resistance or mental defense depending on what their schtick is.

Presence is 6 +x2 DC Influence (Bats has something like 30 Presence)

Comeliness is a judgement call.

DC of attacks = x5 DC number so Hal Jordan's Force Manipulation of 25 becomes 125 str Telekinesis!... and all the other things that Force Manipulation entails depending on your interpretation. You can figure out miscellaneous powers in a similar fashion.

Defensive Powers are pretty complicated. I'll look for my notes.

Movement is pretty easy. Find out what the speed of the character is and then work backward from there in Hero Terms.

well i have the dcu game an actually for the most part its an ok system and the characters are represented. Not well represented though the old DC hero's game had more accurate statistic scores for the characters. Alot of the powers arent well developed or defined and statistics are somewhat defined it would be much harder to calculate conversions from dcu to the hero system them it would just to guestimate the characters abilities.

this sight has some nice write ups of dc charatcers and includes 3 different point versions of superman the 3560 pt version would be a Pre-Crisis Sperman

http://www.mactyre.net/scm/deejay/champs/writeups.html

but as far as if i know of any conversion writeups nope i dont know of any sorry.

I've found it easier to use my own scale and convert characters fresh.

Essentially, I have a Attributes scale that I consider balanced (no 300 Str Superman here) and still representive of the characters. I used 40 Marvel and 40 DC heroes that everyone is familiar with as my baseline characters.

So, step 1 is Primary and Secondary Attributes based on my chart.

Powers, skills, and talents are done whole cloth. I look at other write ups and web sites for info.

I find this creates better versions than converting from another game system

Re: Wrong System

Originally posted by Oruncrest

Actually X, that's a set of conversions for the DC HEROES Game (which used the Mayfair Exponential Game System), not DC Universe, which was put out by West End Games. I don't know if anyone created a set of conversions for the DCU game, though.

Aaaargh! Showing my age again. Carry on.

In other words, I have nothing to add.

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

Essentially, I have a Attributes scale that I consider balanced (no 300 Str Superman here) and still representive of the characters. I used 40 Marvel and 40 DC heroes that everyone is familiar with as my baseline characters.

Powers, skills, and talents are done whole cloth. I look at other write ups and web sites for info.

links?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SleepyDrug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

links?

Killer Shrike. I don't have a web page, so no links. I am happy to email copies to people.