My second Session

JmOz

Well it has been a long time sense I have GM'ed adults, and I ran my second session for adults today.

My current group is a mixed bag of experienced gamers, gamers who are experienced with other games but not Hero.

The group of heroes so far is Mystfire a Super mage who managed to blow his ID in the first session of the game, pick up talismon as a hunted, a tabloid who wishes to mildly punish him (Embaress) and the cops watching him.

Name I can't spell, a kung fu hero with OIHID and Restrainable cyberntics

A reptilian Brick with 40" accurate leaping

A 17 year old genius who built his own battlesuit (Flight, EB)

A character who can assume an electrical form (DS,Flight, EB) or in his normal form fire electrical blasts

It went okay, but I can't beleive how rusty I am.

I understand your suffering. I had a 12 year layoff between running games, and had never run this particular group before, and they were 3.5x the size of my old group. I'm having seesaw results...

First game: Pretty well. Folks were impressed

Second game: Not enough RP, all fighting

Third game: No one was into the RP, so it turned into all fighting

Fourth game: Pretty good mix, storyline stil confusing people.

Fifth game: This one rocked! They were beginning to figure out the story, I'd hit my stride.

Sixth game: Ugh! Hit the wall. They seemed determined to not further the plot and just argue (which was totally in character; it just held up the the conclusion of the storyline)

Seventh and Deciding game (I sound like a worldseries ad) this coming Saturday. I'm not above ending the world if they blow it; I'm not sure they believe me when I tell them that. They're very close to not saving the day, though I think they will.

Originally posted by Starlord

The rust will go away. The bright side is that you've done the hard part, ie. finding an actual group of 'reasonable' adults to game with. :)

He's totally right. :) Soon enough, you'll be spinning flawless tales of wonder and delight that inspire and thrill your players as they've never known!!

KS: Hypberbole ;)

But you'll do fine.

Originally posted by JmOz

They seemed determined to not further the plot and just argue (which was totally in character; it just held up the the conclusion of the storyline

That's why, in the campaign I'm starting soon, all the PCs will be playing villains.

That way, if all they want to do is argue and fight amongst themselves, at least it will all be genera-correct:(

Hmm ... a while back, there was an Adventurer's Club article about Team Psychology. There were four basic roles ... the Leader, the Lieutenant, The Soldier, and The Rebel. Each is pretty much what it sounds like ... and it sounds like most of the above examples don't have a Leader, someone to set the groups 'tone', and take initiative, and remind everybody "Hey, while we're here arguing, the villains are out taking over the world." :)

Originally posted by phydaux

That's why, in the campaign I'm starting soon, all the PCs will be playing villains.

That way, if all they want to do is argue and fight amongst themselves, at least it will all be genera-correct:(

Boy would that not work with these guys! They love to roleplay character conflict in every game. They don't intend to derail the plot, it just happens! It's entertaining as heck... if you don't have an agenda they need to follow.

The rust will go away, a lot depends on what kind of players you have.

For example, I like to divide my players into two-three person teams. That makes the battles more manageable. Players that are there for the fight, but their character isn't play NPCs (less work for me).

The characters all sound interesting, the Kung Fu guy sounds appropriately wierd.