The Basic Enimies Chalange!

steriaca

Hear is the chalange. I'm laying down the gauntlit. Can you handel it?

Using only the Hero System Basic Rulebook (BR), create a villian charater. You can use both versions of the Advance Players Guide, but nothing new, just options of things which exist in BR, and martial arts from the Hero System Martial Arts. Beyond that, thoes are the only books in this chalange.

Can you do it? Do you dair?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Basic Enimies Chalange!

Here are two villians on an smash-op in my next game.

San Diego Lightfoot Sue

Sue is a professional thief whose mutant power is enhanced speed.

STR: 18 DEX: 35 CON: 18 BODY: 10 INT: 13

EGO: 8 PRE: 15 COM: 10 PD: 5 ED: 5

SPD: 10 REC: 8 END: 36 STUN: 28 Cost: 160

Skills:

3 Acrobatics 16-

3 Stealth 16-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 11-

3 Streetwise 12-

15 3d6 Luck

8 +4” running

Martial Arts

5 Offensive Strike +4d6 (8d6 w/STR)

5 Martial Dodge +5 DCV

4 Martial Disarm +20 STR

3 Martial Escape +20 STR

Total: 218

Disadvantages:

10 Greedy

10 Overconfident

15 Hunted by local law enforcement 11-

10 Reputation as thief 11-

20 Mutant

3 Villian bonus

Lloiger

Lloiger is your average teen-age girl who can turn into a demon. Her demon form resembles a snow white 600 lb sabre-tooth tiger with six legs and horn like a rhinoceros. She is mildly telepathic and can generate intense cold.

STR: 45 DEX: 23 CON: 23 BODY: 20 INT: 13

EGO: 15 PRE: 20 COM: 14 PD: 10 ED: 15

SPD: 5 REC: 14 END: 46 STUN: 55 Cost: 173

5 Ego Defense (total 8)

5 5” superleap (14” w/STR)

12 5 rPD, 5rED Armour (fur) -1/4 only in Lloiger form

3 Ultrasonic hearing

5 Infravion

5 Tracking scent

9 +3 Perception (15-)

24 30 pt. Multipower -1/4 only in Lloiger form

2u 2d6 HKA (4d6 w/STR)

2u 6d Telepathy

2u Change environment (weather to blizzard, 32” radius)

2u 6d Energy blast (cold)

Total: 249

Disadvantages

10 x1.5 damage from fire/heat based attacks

5 x1.5 damage from sonic attacks

15 Distinctive features (easily concealable, causes extreme fear)

15 Accidental change to Lloiger when frightened or injured 11-

10 Hatred of the Illuminati

5 Rebellious

10 Lloiger claws make clumsy hands

15 Hunted by the Killer of Last Things 11-

14 Villian bonus

Steriaca quick question with your challenge. I got an official ruling dealing with Hand Attacks with advantages. But since the ruling is on the hero board vs the books (fwi the ruling is specific for HSBR) would you accept the build or no? And really its not a biggie either way, I can do what I want with a different build. P.S. This challenge outta kick my but into finishing some villians I was going to build for HSBR anyways. ;)

Steriaca quick question with your challenge. I got an official ruling dealing with Hand Attacks with advantages. But since the ruling is on the hero board vs the books (fwi the ruling is specific for HSBR) would you accept the build or no? And really its not a biggie either way' date=' I can do what I want with a different build. P.S. This challenge outta kick my but into finishing some villians I was going to build for HSBR anyways. ;)[/quote']

I think you mean the question how STR adds to Advantaged HKA?

This is indeed a tricky one: Adding damage is hardly explained at all in the BR.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42274[/ATTACH]

Background:

Let's face it Johnathan Harmway is lazy. He'd rather just have everything handed to him on a silver platter. The only thing he actually liked to do was fight. Get into fights, start fights, watch fights. But let's face it, when you're lazy, you're not all that strong, agile, or even healthy.

One day Johnathan went to his local bar. He knew sooner or later he'd get into a fight. He was hoping for it. A guy approached him and offered him a drink. He was a little suspicious, but hey a free drink - what could that hurt.

The next thing he knew he was dressed as a VIPER agent and in an orientation class. And the loyal Modifications took root.

Johnathan looked for anything easy to do. He learned how to use weapons, but didn't go out of his way to learn them well enough to have any great accuracy. He didn't want to learn martial arts, he already knew how to punch.

VIPER was getting fed up with Johnathan. The only thing he was good at was being a get-away driver. So VIPER offered him a chance at getting everything he's ever wanted handed over to him on a silver platter.

So Johnathan signed up happily for the experiments. The very first experiment that Johnathan tied out for succeeded tremendously. The next thing he knew, he could bench press a decent sized car, and most bullets just bounced off his hide.

Plus it made him in tip-top shape. Faster and stronger than just a normal thug. No, he was THE Thug! Oh, yeah, He liked that.

Personality:

Johnathan is actually happy being a VIPER thug, as long as he doesn't actually have to work for anything. He goes out of his way to fight the bricks. and take down the big muscles.

Thug is not the brightest light bulb in the pack. Which is why he was so easily swayed into being a loyal VIPER member, and took that drink he "knew" was tainted.

Thug LOVES to fight. Which has caused problems with other VIPER members. Since, if he's bored for any length of time will start a fight. He often gets enraged when he fights. - He gets carried away.

Powers/tactics:

Thug isn't the best tactician. He'd rather just pick the biggest and toughest persona and start punching.

For those pesky fliers, he uses his Thunderclap Power.

Campaign notes:

Again, The basic rules don't account for naked modifiers. So to show a greater range of STR feats, he has all of his STR in a Multi-power. And since, when his based STR is drained, all the other STR would be affected; the Unified Limitation is used.

Thug works as a great for hire brick. If he's ever shown that he's been brainwashed into loyalty; watch out VIPER.

Quote:

I am going to SOOO love smashing in that face of yours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42334[/ATTACH]

Background.

It all started out one innocent day for Simon Dole. He was simply playing Simon Says with his friends. He was only 8. His friends played so well, no one ever seemed to mess up. So, Simon thought up crazier things for the kids to do - and they did them. In fact, when ever he said "Simon says" people did what he told them to do.

That has quiet an effect on a spoiled, selfish child.

Fast forward 20 years. Simon, now calls himself Psimon Says. He's greedy, and manipulative, and overconfident.

Personality

Besides being manipulative, Psimon Says is not stupid. He knows he couldn't stand up to a powerhouse in a fight.

He is always trying to manipulate someone. He knows how to gamble, and how to forge stuff, but he'd rather make others do it for him. That makes him harder to catch.

Powers / Abilities:

Psimon Says has to say "Psimon says" before each command. This is a psychological Complication. If he ever learns that he doesn't need to do this; probably won't change the fact that he will probably still say it.

Psimon Says loves to control people the most. His END is only 60 points, so

Quote:

Psimon says; jump off the top of that very tall building over there.

Campaign options:

Psimon Says is your basic (literally) mentalist. He can be used as a mental master villain (if the PC's have low DMCV and EGOs), or as someone behind the scenes.

To make Psimon Says stronger, raise his MP to 75 points (and each slot accordingly), or add a Reduced END slot.

To make Psimon Says weaker, just lower his END.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42345[/ATTACH]

Background:

Melvin Nill is a brilliant scientist. He loves adhesives and epoxies. But, Melvin has a secret. He wants to be a super villain.

Not for the money, but for the thrill and the challenge of defeating heroes. Crazy as it sounds, he wants to make crimes and see if these so called heroes can solve them.

Sometimes he bases his crimes on a theme. Others a crossword puzzle. Who knows what's next for his Epoxy alter ego.

Personality:

Epoxy loves to leave clues at a crime scene. He wants heroes to look for him and never find him. He's one mixed up scientist.

Every time he appears as Epoxy, he talks with an accent (Sometimes German, Sometimes, Japanese) just to keep heroes guessing. He does have claustrophobia, which is kind of ironic considering he loves to trap people.

Powers / Abilities:

Epoxy's powers are all in his super suit and gun. If it wasn't for those things. He'd be basically a normal guy.

He usually uses his extra STR to get out of holds and entangles. He is immune to his own entangles.

Quote:

(with German accent) Why don't you "stick" around for a while?

Campaign notes:

There are no skill Enhancers in the Basic rules, or he'd have more Languages. I tried to give him as many options on entangles and barriers as the Basic rules allow.

He'd probably be best played as a normal good guy npc and then surprise the heroes later on when they finally figure out he's a villain.

To make Epoxy Stronger. Give him better stats, or more sceinces.

To make Epoxy weaker, take away his personal Immunity, or lower his MP to 65 Active points.

I guess, I figured that the full 6th Edition has so many other possibilities that I didn't even think of that.

Thug. Naked Advantages

Psimon Says: VPP with mental powers

Epoxy. There are a lot of things you can add to Barrier and Entangle. The Basic rules don't go into detail on Autofire Entangles. But the 6th Edition rules do. Plus he can have the Skill Modifier. Linguist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42364[/ATTACH]

Background

Maddy Trope was an plain looking girl growing up. She wanted attention. In fact she took up shoplifting just to get noticed. But the thrill of not getting caught also appealed to her.

No one seemed to notice Maddy, that is until she turned 17. Not only did she "flourish" in her looks but also she developed a powerful Telekinesis Power.

She liked being noticed and using her powers and her new found looks got her noticed. That was great. She decided it would be fun to play the role. So she got herself a skimpy costume, turned up her seduction, and went to work robbing anything she liked. She took on the name Miss Demeanor

Personality:

Miss Demeanor is greedy, and she loves to flirt. Girls, guys, she doesn't care. It gets her noticed.

If she ever decided to get a job, it would probably be as a stripper, or actress. Or anything that would get her noticed.

Powers/ Abilities:

Miss Demeanor is a very powerful Telekinetic.

She also looks like a model and will always use that to her advantage if she can.

Quote:

Don't be shy, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. Powers that is...

Campaign notes:

Miss Demeanor's powers exceeds the 80 Active point limit set in the basic rule book. She only has two slots in her MP.

To make her stronger, give her more slots in her MP.

To make her weaker, drop her active points to 80 (like the book suggests).

To convert her to 6th Edition: Try a VPP, or maybe even some Damage Negation.

Zephyr

30 Str: 20 x4 knockback !

08 Con: 18

03 Dex: 13

02 Body: 12

03 Int: 13

-2 Ego: 8

00 Pre: 10

20 Speed: 4

10 OCV: 5

10 DCV: 5

08 PhD: 10

08 EnD: 10

10 Stun 40

04 End 40

06 Recovery 10

40 Flying 40 m

30 Invisibity No Fringe

20 Disolid x3 endurance

8 +4 move by (4d6 x4 knockback at 40 m flight)

3 stealth

Disadvantages:

Kleptomaniac

SheClaw (lobster woman)

30 Str: 40

01 Dex: 11

08 Int: 18

03 Ego: 13

15 Pre: 25

10 Speed: 3

10 OCV: 5

00 DCV: 3

50 PhD: 30(15) note campaign limits double deffence cost after 15

50 EnD: 30(15)

20 Stun 60

04 End 40

06 Recovery 10

10 Swimming 20 m

3 Martial Grab

4 Martial Strike

4 Martial Block

5 water breathing

5 point skill seeks to melt the ice caps to bring the cities underwater

Ball Lightning

05 Str: 15

01 Dex: 11

08 Int: 18

00 Ego: 10

15 Pre: 15

20 Speed: 4

15 OCV: 6

-5 DCV: 2

08 PhD: 10

08 EnD: 10

05 Stun 30

04 End 40

06 Recovery 10

10 Flight 10 m

60 point multipower

6u 8d6 energy blast indirect from barriers +1/2

6u 16 points 3 barrier +3 m englobing +10 no anchor 6/6 defense 6 body +18 +6 = 40

.....+1/4 moblile +1/4 indirect (40x1.5=60)

6u 60 m teleport

Ball lightning creates a barrier around himself for protection that travels with him

He can also englobe others

He has an indirect lightning bolt that originates from these ball lightning barriers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42402[/ATTACH]

Background:

John Forte has been an actor as long as he could remember. He started off as a baby in a diaper commercial, moved up kid background shots, and even became the star of the teen based show Corey Inmann Teen-PI. The well-known comedy drama.

By the time he was 23, he was so very well known, not just for his acting skills, but also his party skills. Oh, yes, John LOVED to party!

One day, he was drinking just a little too much. He left one party to drive to another party. He drove drunk that day. Barely remembers swerving to miss a small animal in the road, and hitting a tree.

The limb of the tree broke the windshield and was piercing his heart. He was dying. He "knew" that nothing holy would have him if he died, so he cried out a deal.

"Look , devil. If you allow me to die. Who will lead all those fans into sin? . Allow me to live and I'll do your bidding. . You'll call the shots. Come on! What do you have to lose ?"

The next thing John knew, he was waking up in the morgue. He didn't need to breath. Now the devil (his boss) calls the shots and tells him who to kill, or ruin. He turns into the Dark Specter.

Personality

John is selfish, and self seeking. Everything he does is for his own benefit. He has no qualms about killing - at all.

Powers / Abilities:

John is a specter that can kill, stun, or mentally control someone else. And he doesn't need to be solid to do it.

Quote:

"I sentence you to death. What did you do wrong? Did you NEED to do something wrong to be sentenced to death?"

Campaign note:

Dark Specter is very powerful if there are no magic casters in the group. He can be very powerful. All of his slots can be mixed up for a variety of effects.

To make Dark Specter more powerful. Raise his MP to 75, or give him money, vehicles, or bases.

To make Dark Specter less powerful. Make his Desolid use END to use. Or add extra END.

To convert to full 6th: Thy some Selective Desolidfication form APG. Or make only some of the slots in his MP as variable slots.