Kusari (chain) weapon build fifth ed

Hello folks,

I just wanted to run by this build to see that I understood it correctly. I was working on building ninja weapons in Hero designer and I noticed that in the kusari's description, it says that you can grab an opponant. Its listed as being built with strectching power 2", red end 0, oaf, always direct, no non combat stretch, and only to cause damage.

1) If its able to grab a target I should drop the only cause damage limitation.

2) If its a felxible weapon, should it have the always direct limitation?

Thanks as always.

Re: Kusari (chain) weapon build fifth ed

If you're throwing it' date=' and holding one end of it, how is it that it would be anything but direct?[/quote']

You could use it to circuvent shields, or entangle some despite an obstacle.

Not enough for full indirect, but enough for the inherent that is part of every stretching.

Hmm. I'm sure you can do amazing things with it and the demonstration shows that...but...if you actually wanted to do damage with it then you would need to either 'throw' it directly, or swing it. Swinging it only really works if you get the range right: too far you miss, too close, the chain hits and the weight spins round and might cause some attenuated impact damage. This is a demo and I imagine they set it up to show what the weapon CAN do.

The 'sword grab' is possibly a disarm rather than a grab, but you can clearly do more than just strike at range. I'd probably just have stretching, and remove the 'always direct' and 'only to cause damage' bits.

I imagine it is bugger all use in a pitched battle.

...and' date=' yes, I have seen Jackie Chan doing stuff with improvised rope weapons.[/quote']

so have I and I've seen the outtakes too. I agree it must be a bugger to use! I believe it was Markdoc that added side effect that if you rolled badly,, you took damage.