The Marine Marauders!

BoloOfEarth

I'm once again putting together one of the teams from the Villain Theme Team thread. This time around, it's the Marine Marauders. The team was proposed by death tribble with the members proposed by Cygnia (Njordr, Coral, and Snakehead), csyphrett (Wave Rider), death tribble (Sea Beast and Aquanaut equipment), and myself (Deep Rigg). This is being put together as part of an adventure I'm contributing to the latest Haymaker! APAzine, and the deadline is June 2, so I'm in a minor time crunch.

My thanks, by the way, to death tribble, csyphrett, and Cygnia for allowing me to include their character concepts.

I'm going to use this thread to post preliminary writeups of the team and members, for suggestions, criticism, and other feedback. While I am more than willing to hear feedback from anybody that wants to post, I'll defer to each of the above posters on their specific characters. (So if JoePoster says Snakehead should have a deadly venomous bite but Cygnia says she wants him to be non-lethal, her word is law.)

Re: The Marine Marauders!

It took me a while to get the right voice for Wave Rider. I'm just hoping I didn't overdo the "surfer dude" bit.

As to the writeup, I intentionally restricted him to the water, making him able to work on (actually, above) land with a fair amount of effort.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43268[/ATTACH]

I kind of envisioned Wave Rider's attack to be like a tidal wave, Bolo. Something with area affect or megascale or both.

CES

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was a targeted attack. Well, I can modify him easily enough. :)

How about I make the Change Environment a Megascale, and add an area effect cone attack? Maybe I should modify to put a number of different wave attacks into a Multipower.

I'll play around with it and post a revised version.

Okay, here's Wave Rider, revised. He's a bit more dangerous now; all of his waves are AoE attacks (one a Line extending from him, the other two are Cones extending from him). If he takes the time and is willing to blow most of his END, he can create a full-fledged tsunami wave, but I don't see him doing that except in an extreme situation.

I also made him able to surf along (formerly) dry ground so long as he starts in water, by pushing the water along with him for that phase. Note that if he ends his move on dry ground, however, he's kinda screwed.

Just noticed -- his top surfing speed is just shy of 300 mph. :eek:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43271[/ATTACH]

And, for ships and giggles*, here is the adventure (U-Who) that will include the Marine Marauders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43279[/ATTACH]

*Yes, I know "ships and giggles" isn't the actual phrase. However (1) this version fits the nautical theme, and (2) I got an infraction when I said it the proper way.