40 STUN 8 Total Characteristic Cost: 145

Movement: Running: 8"/16"

Leaping: 10"/20"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Swinging: 15"/30"

Cost Powers END

11 Gifted Acrobat: Superleap +6" (10" forward, 5" upward) (Accurate) 1

12 Line "slingers": Swinging 15" (15 Active Points); IIF (-¼) 1

3 Resistant Costume: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) (5 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

4 Swift of Foot: Running +2" (8" total) 1

Savate

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Coup de pied bas (low kick) +0 +2 10d6 Strike

5 Coup de pied chasse (side kick) -2 +1 12d6 Strike

4 Crochet (Hook) +2 +0 10d6 Strike

4 Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 50 STR to Disarm roll

5 Direct (Jab/Cross) +1 +3 8d6 Strike

3 Footsweep +2 -1 9d6 Strike, Target Falls

1 Weapon Element: Blades

1 Weapon Element: Clubs (Cane)

Perks

5 The Boss: Fringe Benefit: Membership: Batroc's Brigade

5 Mercenary Work Has Been Good To Me: Money: Well Off

3 Well-Connected

14 1) Business Associates: America: Contact: American Underworld (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (15 Active Points) 11-

17 2) Business Associates: Europe: Contact: European Underworld (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has very useful Skills or resources), Organization Contact (x3) (18 Active Points) 12-

4 3) My Rival: Contact: Captain America (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources) (5 Active Points) 8-

Talents

12 Highly Trained Combatant: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

6 Highly Trained Combatant: Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

4 +2 OCV with firearm of choice

20 +4 with Hand to hand Combat

15 +5 with Savate

5 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Contortionist 14-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

2 Language: English (Completely Fluent, w/Accent) (3 Active Points)

5 Language: French (Idiomatic, native accent) (4 Active Points)

3 Lockpicking 14-

2 Navigation (Land) 12-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: "Super Athletes" (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Criminal Underworld (Europe) (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: Foreign Legion History And Traditions (2 Active Points) 11-

2 4) KS: Savate (3 Active Points) 12-

1 5) KS: The Military/Mercenary World (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Sleight of Hand 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Streetwise 13-

8 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Tropical, Desert, Mountain) 12-

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Tracking 12-

3 WF: General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Shoulder-Fired Weapons

3 WF: Small Arms, Blades, Clubs

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 262

Total Cost: 407

200+ Disadvantages

15 Dependent NPC: Marie Batroc (Daughter) 8- (Incompetent)

5 Distinctive Features: hrmmm. Dresses in Purple and Orange, french accent. He's a joke looking for a punchline. (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Hunted: American Law Enforcement 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: European Authorities 11- (Mo Pow; NCI; Limited Geographical Area; Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Mercenary Common, Strong

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable; Will not endanger innocents, dislikes cheating Common, Total

10 Reputation: Mildly succesful Mercenary, 11-

10 Rivalry: Professional (Captain America; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

Notes: Batroc seeks to attain a level of respect Captain America enjoys. He sees Cap as his Mount Everest. One day he will beat him.

15 Social Limitation: "Secret Id"; Georges Batroc Frequently (11-), Major

5 Unluck: 1d6

72 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 407

Background/History: From: http://marvel.wikia.com/Georges_Batroc_(Earth-616)

Georges Batroc trained himself in savate, a French form of foot-boxing, while in the Foreign Legion.

He left the Legion, and began to sell his services to the highest bidder.He first battled Captain America when he was hired by Hydra to steal the Inferno 42 cylinder. He was defeated by Captain America but soon after lured Captain America into a rematch when he kidnapped Sharon Carter.

He sometimes works by himself, and sometimes employing helpers referred to as Batroc's Brigade. The first Batroc's Brigade were the Swordsman and the Living Laser, hired by an undisclosed power to locate and obtain the "seismo-bomb". The second Batroc's Brigade consisted of Batroc, the Porcupine, and Whirlwind, hired by the Red Skull to attack Captain America.

Other Batroc's Brigades were composed of various common thugs. The most recent Batroc's Brigade were Batroc, Zaran, and Machete, formed by Batroc to steal Captain America's shield. It appeared for some time that Batroc was beginning to develop a conscience and seemed on the verge of renouncing his criminal career; however, his most recent battle against Captain America has seen him firmly back in his amoral career, and deadlier than ever.

For all his flaws, Bartoc is at heart an honorable man who staunchly lives by the Way of the Warrior. He was quick to turn on his employees when they tried to "help" him by shooting at Captain America during their first duel, angrily berating that "those without honor deserve no mercy." He also numbered amongst those who mourned the "death" of Captain America, tearfully declaring "I will miss you, mon ami" out of respect for a brother warrior.

Personality/Motivation: While mostly motivated by monetary means, Batroc has a huge ego and large amount of professional pride - he will not injure or kill indisciminately, considering unnecessary killing the mark of an amatuer. In my games he has set his eyes on being thought of in the same level of skill as Captain America. He's not. He is an upper level fighter and considered to be an Olympic class athlete.

Quote: "Stop it! Stop Trying to make a fool of me!"

"Mon ami, you have insulted me. I will now most certainly destroy you.... it is somezing I will get a big kick out of!"

Powers/Tactics: Batroc has no superhuman powers, but he is one of the most formidable unarmed combatants in the world. He has mastered numerous martial arts and is perhaps the world's leading master of savate, the French art of foot-fighting. He is an accomplished thief and smuggler with extensive military training. He currently carries a pair of whip-canes, which he uses with great skill.

Campaign Use: Depends. He is most often used as comic relief but clearly he is a good fighter and unique among villains in that he is a good natured, pragmatic, and completely sane (if a little goofy) man. He sees supervillainy as a game. He's greedy and can be used as an enforcer, thief, assassin, whatever.

Appearance: Well built athlete, a little smaller that Captain America but similar in physique. Wears a hideous Purple and Orange costume.

Re: Batroc the Leaper (5e, 400+ pts)

This was an older write up I dusted off and cleaned. His defenses are low, I was going with damage resistance rather than armor in the day. But I'd probably change that, and maybe add some tough guy powers like "Can Take a Punch" damage reduction.

I have fond memories of this character. He was one of the first supervillains I faced in a rpg (Marvel FASERIP). I was hanging out with some friends and one offered to run a game, pulled out the Handbook of the Marvel Universe and picked the first villains that caught his Batroc's Brigade and run an entire adventure for us seat of the pants style. It was pretty fun.

Omg !

just lol, this character is a "farce" (in french).

One thing that makes me laugh about Champions and any other comics or rpg about superheroes, is that french super are pictured kinda grotesque.

On the other hand, most of french people think superheroes are grotesque, so I guess it's a good revenge :P

But, I doubt this character would be really of french heritage, because his mother wouldn't let him wear this horrible costume lol

Thanks anyway, Enforcer, as always, a pleasure to read your creations.

Grotesque Opale.

Great write up. I was also in a game where Batroc showed up with a few other foes. The adventure was a 'rewrite' of a Captain America where someone was trying to blow up a Natural Gas Supertanker in the harbor. Very exciting.