Idunn, Goddess of Youth...Trolling for powers.

Enforcer84

Re: Idunn, Goddess of Youth...Trolling for powers.

Maybe an always on CE that boost fertility in the area around her? Plants bloom and bear fruit' date=' animals go into estrus/have heavier than normal but healthy litters, minor illnesses clear up, people get a bit "friskier" and energetic (spring fever), etc. Not to the level of mind control or transform but a noticeable effect when Idunn is in the area. It might even just be a Complication. Maybe call it something like "Eternal Spring"?[/quote']

Don't forget personal Immunity:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0501.html

I noticed that in her writeup that one of her Disads is Distinctive Features: Ethereal Beauty.

About how many levels of Attractive Appearance does that translate into?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Good Question, probably lower than Freya...or comperable without Brisings. But they're all 5e...so...None.

To me Extreme Beauty would be a 20+ COM or 3 levels of Striking Appearance.

Ethereal Beauty, meaningful for a Goddess, would be over 30 COM, or 5 levels of Striking Apperance, IMHO

Striking Opale, without appearance.

I noticed that in her writeup that one of her Disads is Distinctive Features: Ethereal Beauty.

About how many levels of Attractive Appearance does that translate into?

Actually none.

A Disadvantage means she has difficulty because of her beauty. People permanently hitting on her.

Attractive Appearance or high PRE/COM means she has advantages because of her good looks.

She can have both advantages and disadvantages, but just as well only one side.

Only the disadvantage could mean that people have difficulty actually listening to her when it maters (they thinks she is a pretty Airhead)

Only the advantage means, people know when they have no chance.

Well I disagree with Christopher.

It happens that Disadvantages can be used as an Advantage sometimes like when a terrifying ugly character interrogates someone.

And if we stick strictly to the rules, which I rarely do *winks*, having An Extreme Beauty Disadvantage should be justified by buying some High COM or Striking Appearance levels, like any other background item.

Look at the Advanced Player's Guide, Complications Chapter, p149 - Distinctive Features to convince yourself. Steve Long's explains it better than I do.

Beside that, I agree to think your character looks exactly what you want him/her to look like, but some common sense has to be used when you build it. There is for instance a no sense in building a Character with the Complication "Poverty", if you bought the Perk Wealthy on the other hand. it works in both ways.

Arguing Opale

Well I disagree with Christopher.

It happens that Disadvantages can be used as an Advantage sometimes like when a terrifying ugly character interrogates someone.

I disagree that you disagree with me.

Sometimes you can have powers you have not paid points for (Power Roll). So getting once or twice a bonus without paying points is part of the game system already. But you don't have the bonus regulary, only on a case by case basis.

And if we stick strictly to the rules' date=' which I rarely do *winks*, having An Extreme Beauty Disadvantage should be justified by buying some High COM or Striking Appearance levels, like any other background item.[/quote']

That has nothing to do with the rules. That is your own decision, that you pay CP for.

Good Question' date=' probably lower than Freya...or comperable without Brisings. But they're all 5e...so...None.[/quote']

The reason that I asked the question was that there was no COM score listed for her

in the writeup that you'd posted. And since only 6th Ed. characters don't have COM

scores, it was a valid question on my part.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I don't know if you were trying to write soem french, but in the case of .. it's "tout de suite" ;)

Teaching Opale.

Yes, but as it is pronounced over on this side of the pond (and almost never, ever seen in a written form) the "de" is never vocalized.

TB

Yes, but as it is pronounced over on this side of the pond (and almost never, ever seen in a written form) the "de" is never vocalized.

TB

Well, in french if you vocalize "tout suite", it means nothing. At least the "de" is semi vocalized in slang like in "tout d'suite" ;)

Cultural moment & French lesson offered by Opale.

Out of curiosity' date=' do you usually use Comeliness or Striking Appearance?[/quote']

Comeliness, the vast majority of my write ups are still in 5th. I've been slowly branching out to 6th and I even have a Hero Designer 6e Template with a COM stat; but I'd have to adjust some of the Export Templates to take advantage.

Comeliness' date=' the vast majority of my write ups are still in 5th. I've been slowly branching out to 6th and I even have a Hero Designer 6e Template with a COM stat; but I'd have to adjust some of the Export Templates to take advantage.[/quote']

You can do that (add Comeliness to 6th Edition Hero designer)? I did not know...