A Weapon that creates wounds that can only be healed by a particular method.

Re: A Weapon that creates wounds that can only be healed by a particular method.

Desolidified characters are immune to most attacks, according to the rules. For Vulnerabilities, unless someone can tell me otherwise, I would assume this means that if you do not take damage from the attack becausse of Desolidification you do not take 'extra' damage from a Vulnerability. Vulnerability acts as a multiplier: multiplying anything by zero is still zero.

Susceptibility is a bit different: if it does not affect you when you are desolid, you just reduce the effect frrequency.

That is the way I would play it.

Re: A Weapon that creates wounds that can only be healed by a particular method.

At least 20? And how many of these ultrapowerful artifacts are running around loose in your campaign world?

By the way, why does an Order of Fearless Monster Hunters need to hire outside adventurers, as opposed to sending their own members on their own quests? Is it that aside from the swords they're not very effective? That would explain how someone managed to swipe their whole armory.

The weapons were stolen by a renagade member of the Order. To allow for the theft he poisoned the well of the Order rendering most of them enfeebled for the next few months. One member of the party is a member of the Order (the renagade is his rival) and was out of the compound when the theft occurred. He was instructed to gather adventurers and reclaim the swords. The magical effects that they possess are unknown to the world in general.

Also the renagade was with allies, one of which was killed. Upon investigation of the body it was discovered that the man was from a distant nation, one which the Order was forbiddened from entering.

----------------------------------------------

I like the weapon design.

Although Transform seems the better option, unless I wish to create House Rule which I would rather not.

Why did he not finish them off when they were enfeebled?

Even enfeebled they were still strong enough to take down one thief.

And that was a stealing mission, not a killing Mission. They simply lack(ed) the Manpower to do it and now those guys get back to strenght.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it can be interpreted either way. The attack has no effect. An attack that misses has no effect' date=' and an attack that does not get past the target's defenses has no effect. Either way, a Desoloid character Vulnerable to fire powers is unaffected by a flameblast while he is Desolid.[/quote']

Special-effects wise, yes. Mechanics-wise, it's "takes no damage."

Special-effects wise' date=' yes. Mechanics-wise, it's "takes no damage."[/quote']

I agree that a Vulberabiltiy has no effect when you are desolid. After all the attack can't hit you.

Of course what you are vulnerable against is the "first choice" for the Special Effect that overcomes your absolute defense.

I agree that a Vulberabiltiy has no effect when you are desolid. After all the attack can't hit you.

Of course what you are vulnerable against is the "first choice" for the Special Effect that overcomes your absolute defense.

Like most things, that depends on special effects. Vampires are sometimes suggested to have a Vulnerability to fire (maybe half of Vampire templates I found in a very quick search), but fire does not affect them in mist form.