The Sincerest Form Of Flatery...

steriaca

...in my opinion is when someone takes one of the charaters you creat and makes it there own by using them, even if thay change or expand the charater or add to him something like a cast of thousands. This, I am flatered beyond words (which is OK, cause I would mispell them anyways) when MajorTom2009 expanded upon the henchmen of my Mister Wicked.

Have you had simuler blessings with your charaters?

Re: The Sincerest Form Of Flatery...

Yeah, Major Tom has created foes for my team the Solution. As well as countless art for them.

Also, I believe Steamtek has used some of my Olympians in his campaigns.

Hermit may have used Candy Striper for a henchwoman for one of his guys, Adonis.

It's been great that some of my characters have been used since for me it's mostly an exercise in fun.

Amen!

In the old days, we used to swap GM's every week, and there were necessary objectives - add 2 new characters (usually villains), solve the cliffhanger, end with your own, etc. Almost every week, the rotated GM would pick up one of the newly introduced characters as his/her PC for the following week(s).

We eventually did the thing where everyone rotated characters randomly, and tried to play them in the style they'd been presented - adding a little flavor here and there. That was also a blast.

Thanks for reminding me.

Guest steamteck

Yeah, Major Tom has created foes for my team the Solution. As well as countless art for them.

Also, I believe Steamtek has used some of my Olympians in his campaigns.

Hermit may have used Candy Striper for a henchwoman for one of his guys, Adonis.

It's been great that some of my characters have been used since for me it's mostly an exercise in fun.

Steamteck loves your Olympians and their history.

I've had people tell me they were using Gorilla Grond in their games, which pleased me immensly :) Kind of curious what they did with 'em actually...

Also, I think Hermit siad he was going to use Hellen the Temptress in one of his games (she's a succubus that was once Helen of Troy and she would really rather not talk about it)

I've had quite a few people ask to use my Ben 10 writups for various purposes, but it's not like they are actually my characters or anything, so that probably doesn't count ;)

Well I can't really claim Zeus and the Olympians...

Your writups are an interpretation of myths that are thousands of years old. I'd say there's a fair degree of ownership there, much as I think Marvel has a fair degree of ownership for their interpretation of Thor.

Though somewhere out there is probably a Master Villian level lawer just biding his time for an epic lawsuit involving Ancient Greek Copyright infrigment...

And to respond to Steriaca, yes, indeed. The characters I create are often used by the other Champions GM of my friends. And I'd be curious to know if any of those I posted here is somehow useful to someone :)

Cheers, Opale.

And to respond to Steriaca, yes, indeed. The characters I create are often used by the other Champions GM of my friends. And I'd be curious to know if any of those I posted here is somehow useful to someone :)

Cheers, Opale.

I collect the characters that I find interesting and save them for possible use in the future.