Super Villain Showdown!

ioticus

Cast your vote for who would win in a knockdown, drag out fight between Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon and the Empress Istvatha V’han! I don't own the Book of the Empress (yet) so I'm not qualified to vote! No underlings, hirelings or henchmen allowed, just brains versus brawn versus boobs!

Re: Super Villian Showdown!

Without underlings, V'han has nowhere near the combat power of the other two. She's not exactly a pushover, but her concept is that her main threat comes from her practically unlimited resources. OTOH if she's played fully within concept, V'han could choose to travel back to the childhood of Albert Zerstoiten, or earlier, and erase him from existence before he became Dr. Destroyer.

Mechanon, however, is a temporal anomaly which other time-travelers are wary of interacting with, so V'han probably would not try that trick on him. Again, in a straight fight without support V'han is no match for the genocidal robot.

Mechanon and Dr. D have fought to a standstill in the past. Both megavillains have upgraded their capabilites since then, but based purely on their latest published game stats I think Destroyer has a bit of an edge. The question is, if DD beats Mech, could he improve his armor as fast as the robot could build a new, superior body with which to challenge him again?

I'm getting dizzy. :doi:

In a fight between the three of them, I'd see V'han teaming up with Mechanon to finish off Destroyer (who I think she'd consider the greater threat) and then hoping to keep enough power in reserve to destroy or fend off the current Mechanon body and get away to fight another day. But that's how I'd write it.

It's highly debatable whether Mechanon would ever team up with any organic being, even temporarily. He never has in the past, out of pure despite for all living things. A Destroyer/V'han team-up is possible, but neither villain would trust the other, and would undoubtedly turn on each other at the first opportunity. Unless Istvatha had given her sworn oath not to do so; she almost always keeps her word if she gives it. The Doctor, OTOH, is a lying, backstabbing SOB who'll betray anyone if it's in his best interest.

Cast your vote for who would win in a knockdown' date=' drag out fight between Dr. Destroyer, Mechanon and the Empress Istvatha V’han! I don't own the Book of the Empress (yet) so I'm not qualified to vote! No underlings, hirelings or henchmen allowed, just brains versus brawn versus boobs![/quote']

I don't have eithers stat, but you might have to elaborate one thing:

"No followers at all"

or

"No followers that aren't written onto the sheet as follower, summon or the like".

Afaik mechanon could summon a few robots and it is likely that V'han has followers or summons on her Sheet.

I don't have eithers stat, but you might have to elaborate one thing:

"No followers at all"

or

"No followers that aren't written onto the sheet as follower, summon or the like".

Afaik mechanon could summon a few robots and it is likely that V'han has followers or summons on her Sheet.

Good point. "No followers that aren't written onto the sheet as follower, summon or the like".

It's highly debatable whether Mechanon would ever team up with any organic being' date=' even temporarily. He never has in the past, out of pure despite for all living things. A Destroyer/V'han team-up is possible, but neither villain would trust the other, and would undoubtedly turn on each other at the first opportunity. Unless Istvatha had given her sworn oath not to do so; she almost always keeps her word if she gives it. The Doctor, OTOH, is a lying, backstabbing SOB who'll betray anyone if it's in his best interest.[/quote']

I'm not talking about short or long-term planning; I don't even have a scenario where the fight could really play out. All I'm seeing is Mechanon and V'han tag-teaming Dr. D in combat, which I think is in the realm of the possible.