Turakian Age: A not-evil god of the dead?

CrosshairCollie

Re: Turakian Age: A not-evil god of the dead?

Looked through my (5e) book, couldn't find one ... looking for someone more like Anubis. Someone who is opposed to the creation and existence of undead, wanting the dead to rest in peace and go ... wherever they go.

Is there such a god in official TA materials?

Yeah, one of the failings of Turakian Age or rather of the genericized common model of fantasy worlds that the Turakian Age is based in.

Lucius Alexander

God of Palindromedaries

Looking at this list, I do not see one.

EDIT: Though Almandré may fit the bill, being the god of Fate and Time.

Is there a reason why you must use a official god from Turkian age? And you could always have a different order that worships Almandre more like you were looking for than what how its listed. (and you have a reason for rivalry, or hunted, or a few other disadvantages)

I think you'd be best served with one of the esailes (the High Faith's equivalent of saints), specifically Es. Baliar. Check his description on Turakian Age p. 213 -- sounds like just what you're looking for. (See also the description of Baliar's nemesis, Malavage, under "The Demonhanded" at the bottom of that page.)

[Don't mind me. Just passing through; but I couldn't let a TA question go unanswered.] ;)

Is there a reason why you must use a official god from Turkian age? And you could always have a different order that worships Almandre more like you were looking for than what how its listed. (and you have a reason for rivalry' date=' or hunted, or a few other disadvantages)[/quote']

I'm trying to make a 'bog-standard' TA character, so I'm sticking to the established stuff ... while at the same time trying to mimic an old D&D character (Necromancer/Cleric of Anubis who used his knowledge to destroy undead, not make them).

If Es. Baliar doesn't work for you, another alternative would be Gamarion, one of the "Gods Who Watch Over Eltirian." As "god of ghosts" Gamarion watches over the dead, guiding them to "an afterlife of bliss in his realm," and what would be even more appropriate for your character, is also the patron of necromancers. Like all of this pantheon Gamarion's worship is concentrated in and his attention focussed on the city-state of Eltirian, but it wouldn't be hard to justify one of his priests taking a broader role in the world.

The GWWOE are described on TA pp. 213-14, and Gamarion specifically on 214.