Character: Optimus Prime (from Transformers: Prime)

Mathew

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Character: Optimus Prime (from Transformers: Prime)

I rarely use multiform for a simple shape shift. They are really the same character in both shapes. Why write up 2 nearly identical character sheets?

They wouldn't be identical, that's kind of the point. They differ significantly enough that I think it's warranted.

I'd have to agree. The benefits for transforming would be vehicle mode would help you get somewhere quicker (well the Decepticons can all fly as I only count G1). But while, they have limited fighting possibly, the drawback is you cant really fight well in vehicle mode (barring the jets-Seekers of the Decepticons, maybe).

Though Dinobots, Predacons, Insecticons, and Terrorcons need not apply to this method given they are animals.

Soundwave, Blaster, and their cassettes, not sure if they can do much in their forms other than disguise. (and I never got why Megatron ever transformed into that gun, if I was him, I'd trust myself shooting over whomever is holding him, but then how many times did he take Starscream back?)

And the combined forms like Devastator, Bruticus, Superion (I forget the others right now) are stronger but tend to be stupid. I think the speculation on that was conflicting impulses from the various personalities that combined, but not sure if that is canon.

They wouldn't be identical' date=' that's kind of the point. They differ significantly enough that I think it's warranted.[/quote']

They would have identical stats besides running, identical skills, identical powers (growth, armor, Life support), identical limitations besides lacking hands. Not that different.

I just cover with with Shape Shifting, extra running that only works in shifter mode, weapons that only work in robot mode, and a physical limitation that he has no hands in shifted mode. Easy as pie.

I do make seperate writeups for combiners. Characters who change size might warrant a Multiform, but you have to remember that sometimes those with shrunken alt modes don't change their size... Occasionally Megatron is a giant gun, or Soundwave is a giant tape recorder.

I write up drones as duplications, Targetmasters are partners.

Depending on the concept you use I could see a Multiform for Headmasters and Powermasters. Turns from one robot to a vehicle and a little partner.

If someone wants to write up a Transformer with two character sheets for two forms, I'd like to see it.

But' date=' the 80s Optimus is the only true Optimus.[/quote']

Already did that version...

http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/PDFs/OPTIMUS.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Transformers: Prime characters for Hero 4th edition

I ran a Transformers campaign once many moons ago.

http://gameroid.blogspot.com/search/label/Transformers

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O_eL4ThAwGtPDwmYmhvWg6dE4yT36gxUljQRjzQewEc/edit

They were the Bench Transformers. Cause all the strong or cool ones were out doing stuff.

All the PCs were tri-formers, having a robot, vehicle, and object form.

The PCs started off alone but eventually ran into BROADSIDE

who was a supposedly dead Autobot who had three forms (robot, carrier, jet)