Teleport In Giant Robot?

DeadlyUematsu

I have an idea for character who is a sentient giant robot who spends most of his time elsewhere (because he's huge) while his boy sidekick, a follower, helps the rest of the superhero team do investigative work. I would like to give the sidekick the ability to teleport the giant robot to wherever the sidekick is. How exactly would you build this?

Re: Teleport In Giant Robot?

If the robot has enough movement to get there quickly (maybe a long distance teleport on Charges or an END Reserve) all the Follower needs is Mindlink.

Or give the Follower a Summon Robot.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys Summon Lucius Alexander

"Summon" is the first thing I thought of reading your description. It's like Billy Batson who transforms into Captain Marvel, but instead of transforming the superhero is summoned and the little boy stays around.

Mind Link + Teleport w/ Megascale works too.

If the little boy is' date=' "out of play" whenever the giant robot is around, you could build it as a Multiform.[/quote']

I think your idea is better, but another option is OIHID. Think Tony Stark. Tony can run around, spend money, call in contacts, etc. But until he puts on the red and gold jammies, he's a normal. Think of the Mecha as a really big battle suit, bought with OIHID and -whatever the replacement is for Elemental Control- and this concept would work.

If the little boy is still in play while the robot is around, you might also consider Duplication so that the GM doesn't have to run your follower as an NPC for you (I loved the idea behind Summon and Follower until I had a few in my group and I had to play them in addition to running the story). If the little boy were the base character, the sfx of Duplication could be the robot teleporting to you. Duplication also has an advantage that would allow you to buy the robot as an automaton or a vehicle if you wanted.

possible inspirational material -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juston_Seyfert

edit:

I like this idea too and as a GM I also find it pleasing point wise. For example, in a 400 pt. game the player could build the Duplicate on 400 pts. (with a cost of 160 pts. including the Alterred Duplicates Advantage) leaving 240 pts. for the little boy base form. I think this would be plenty for a lot of fun noncombat stuff like INT, Tech/ Science Skills, and maybe Healing (Duplicate only) so that he can make repairs to the robot. Even better, maybe he could have a small VPP so that he could make small changes to the robot on the fly (like "I gave him a giant flashlight!" Images, UOO, Only to create light).