Omlevex Universe

Monolith

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Preview Time!

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

Take a gander at this piece drawn my the fabulous Mike Zeck that depicts Drake Einstein busting through a wall.

Very cool. Mike Zeck... that the same Mike Zeck who did Captain America (among others) back in the 80's? Or this another one?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Z-Man Games (Mahopac, New York)

Spectrum Games (Parsons, Kansas)

November 21, 2003

FREE OMLEVEX COMIC SERIES STARTING IN DECEMBER!

Starting in December, the official Omlevex site will host a serialized

weekly comic story. The comic will focus on Drake Einstein, one of the

main heroes from the upcoming Silver Age setting book Omlevex, which is

compatible with three separate superhero RPGs -- M&M Superlink, Silver

Age Sentinels, and the Hero system. Once every week, readers will be

presented with a new page of the comic, furthering the adventures of the

glory-seeking crime fighter.

Cynthia Celeste Miller, president of Spectrum Games and writer of Drake

Einstein, says, "It's going to be one heck of a fun ride. Much of the

first issue has already been written and I think people are going to get

a real kick out of it. We're trying to make it look and feel like an

actual comicbook from the Silver Age. It's a real challenge, but I feel

it's worth the additional effort. This is going to be many people's

first glimpse at the Omlevex Universe, so we're putting our all into

it."

"I am totally stoked to be illustrating the online strip," says Stephen

Shepherd, who will be pencilling and inking Drake Einstein. "When I

finished working on Omlevex, I was quite bummed. I have illustrated

over 60 books so far in my 3 years as a gaming artist, and Omlevex has

been by far my favorite project. Now that I developed a taste for these

characters, I want to see them live like my favorite superheroes! It's

been my goal to some how work into comics for some time, so this is a

dream come true. It will be interesting to me to watch my speed and

style adapt. It will hopefully be entertaining to read because it's so

darn groovy. I hope everyone digs it."

More information about Omlevex can be found at the official Omlevex

website, at http://www.spectrum-games.com/omlevex.

The colourised version makes things clearer to me.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I see

Leige Lord about to hurl a cop car;

Ladybug kicking in the middle distance;

the Dehumaniser just to the right and below Leige Lord blasting a cop car;

Drake einstein in the middle front;

a small pic of the Meltmaster below Drake;

the American Gargoyle in the right hand corner

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind words. :)

As for the proposed sourcebook, it's going to be a sourcebook that fleshes out two aspects of the Omlevex Universe that we couldn't deal much with in the first book -- the cosmic elements and the mystical elements. So, if you dig Silver Surfer, Capt. Mar-vell, Dr. Strange and the like, then you should enjoy this product.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

Thanks for all the kind words. :)

As for the proposed sourcebook, it's going to be a sourcebook that fleshes out two aspects of the Omlevex Universe that we couldn't deal much with in the first book -- the cosmic elements and the mystical elements. So, if you dig Silver Surfer, Capt. Mar-vell, Dr. Strange and the like, then you should enjoy this product.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

I'm getting behind in my responses. I'm very intrigued by cosmic/mystic theme of the book. This is just so different from the usual sourcebooks and so different from what I usually run.

I realise it is at this time still on the proposed list, but, what would it cover? The major Omlevex characters and their badguys, minions etc as well as some settings of course but might there any kind of guide to creating cosmic themed campaigns? Jim Starlin is back and writing up a storm but I missed out on his glory days and am a bit vague on what cosmic implies.

I gather it's kind of a metaphorical quest where there are abstract concepts personified, such as entropy, evolution, love etc. I'm guessing here.

Originally posted by Redmenace

I'm getting behind in my responses. I'm very intrigued by cosmic/mystic theme of the book. This is just so different from the usual sourcebooks and so different from what I usually run.

I'm intrigued by it as well. I really hope it comes to pass, as I have soooo many good ideas for the content.

I realise it is at this time still on the proposed list, but, what would it cover? The major Omlevex characters and their badguys, minions etc as well as some settings of course but might there any kind of guide to creating cosmic themed campaigns?

Well, we mention in Omlevex that there were a couple more Omlevex Comics produced during the Silver Age that weren't covered in that book. This is due to lack of space and because they were so niche that they deserved their own book. Well, for the first time ever, I'm revealling these titles to the public.

Arysta was a cosmic series about a female alien hero who found herself trying to preserve justice in the far reaches of the universe.

Arkannus was a teenage boy who was given the gift of magic in order to defend reality itself from all manner of inter-dimensional threats.

So, the book would, theoretically, cover those two series in the same details as the series in the main Omlevex book.

Plus, we would include a slew of tips for players & GMs looking to run or play a cosmic or mystical Silver Age campaign. Additionally, you'll find info about the various races, societies, dimensions and planets depicted in Omlevex comicbooks.

We're also considering an alternate system for sorcery, but that's not carved in stone.

Jim Starlin is back and writing up a storm but I missed out on his glory days and am a bit vague on what cosmic implies. I gather it's kind of a metaphorical quest where there are abstract concepts personified, such as entropy, evolution, love etc. I'm guessing here. [/b]

That's a big part of it. Basically, it's big in scope and takes place in the cosmos moreso than (or in place of) Earth. You really oughtta check out some of Starlin's older works. Very good stuff.

That book is gonna be crammed full of art, by the way, is some of it going to be in color? It's great either way and I realise you have to publish the thing at a reasonable cost but I ask anyway.

thanks for the reply about the Cosmic book. I love your enthusiam for the material, both Omlevex and the comic inspiration. It's infectious and I find myself chomping at the bit to see this Universe.

You said there was consideration for a new magic system for your proposed Cosmic SB. Would that mean you'd have to write up mechanics for the three (?) different systems or "magic system" as in a campaign specific origination and special effects?

ps. thanks for the glimpse of Jonah and Ueeba, I hope to plague my player's lives with them sometime soon.

Originally posted by Redmenace

That book is gonna be crammed full of art, by the way, is some of it going to be in color? It's great either way and I realise you have to publish the thing at a reasonable cost but I ask anyway.

As much as we'd like to do the book in thriving, pulsating full color, it's just not a possibility at this point. Our budget wouldn't support it. Still, I guarantee that the art is going to look magnificent. The previews I've given honestly just scratch the surface.

thanks for the reply about the Cosmic book.

You're very welcome.

I love your enthusiam for the material, both Omlevex and the comic inspiration. It's infectious and I find myself chomping at the bit to see this Universe.

Omlevex is my baby. I've been gaming in it for 15 years and it's just tremendously cool for me to watch it come together in a cohesive product like this. So, yes, my enthusiasm is certainly there. And given my near-lifelong love of Silver Age comics, I hope to be able to convey the spirit and exhuberance of that era, thus making the product live up to your expectations.

You said there was consideration for a new magic system for your proposed Cosmic SB. Would that mean you'd have to write up mechanics for the three (?) different systems or "magic system" as in a campaign specific origination and special effects?

Essentially, we would be replacing the powers system with something more detailed for magic. It would be just as easy to use, but would offer a lot more options for characters that deal in magic.

ps. thanks for the glimpse of Jonah and Ueeba, I hope to plague my player's lives with them sometime soon.

No problem... it's my pleasure. Just be sure to drop us a line to let us know how Jonah and his twisted lil' buddy fare against the heroes. :)

Sneak Peek time

This sneak peek shows Mindressa, a mind-controlling vixen from Dimension Femma, where men are treated as mere slaves. Mindressa, though, wasn't content with controlling men who were already docile and mentally weak. She longed for a challenge. Breaking one of her people's cardinal rules to do so, Mindressa stepped through the ancient Gate of Potarah and found herself in our world. She became giddy with joy upon seeing how strong willed the men of this realm was. At long last, she would have the challenge she so desperately craved.