Omlevex Universe

Monolith

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special X-mas Sneak Peek

Since I'm feeling festive and jolly, I decided to give you a bit of a present for the holiday season. So, I dug down deep in my holiday bag of goodies and pulled out not one, not two, but three new Omlevex pieces.

The first picture is the cover for American Gargoyle #1, pencilled by June Brigman (of Power Pack and Brenda Starr fame) and inked by Roy Richardson (who has done just about everything, including work on the Spider-Man strip with John Romita).

Re: Sneak Peek

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

This sneak peek shows Crimson Catastrophe, a robot from the far future who has gained sentience by way of electrical currents scrambling her systems. Now, she's in the '60s... and she's out to destroy it all!

That pic is excellent and fits with a character concept of mine . I wana see her character sheet and see how much alike they are .

Originally posted by Blue

These are great! I said it before, but I love the look of the characters.

Awww shucks. It's a pleasure getting to show you some of the artwork.

I tried to draw something with that silver age Jack Kirby look and I just can't do it.

Ditto. I've tried myself. Much harder than it looks.

The Blue Beam rocks :)

I'm inclined to agree. Thank you. :)

Re: Re: Sneak Peek

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

That pic is excellent and fits with a character concept of mine . I wana see her character sheet and see how much alike they are .

Unfortunately, we don't have plans to show Crimson Catastrophe's bio and stats before the book is released. We are, however, going to post a few mini-adventures on our website shortly before Omlevex is released. Each of these will feature one of the villains from the OU. As of this writing, Crimson Catastrophe isn't slated to be among the ones presented.

Originally posted by Redmenace

Oh man, I just love the Kirbesque stuff.

As a big Kirby nut, I wanted to make sure his art style was well represented in Omlevex.

Is the book still scheduled for Jan 04?

Late January '04, yes.

How many in house artists do you have?

We don't have any in-house artists. We hire freelancers to handle the art duties. With Omlevex, we hired more than 25 artists. Overall, there will be roughly 70 pieces of art, give or take a few.

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

Thanks, Blue.

Jonah was actually the very first Omlevex character, created in 1988. So, I was very, very picky about how the artist rendered him. I'm glad you enjoyed the results.

Jonah is pretty cool. But the voodoo doll does creep me out. I assume that's he's holding a needle?

Originally posted by lemming

Jonah is pretty cool. But the voodoo doll does creep me out.

Much appreciated. Ueeba is indeed a creepy little guy... and just wait 'til you read his background. :)

I assume that's he's holding a needle?

You have assumed correctly. He can stab himself to cause searing pain to his enemies.

Originally posted by lemming

I suspected that. Very cool. Look forward to the release.

Glad to hear it. Just be sure to drop us a line to tell us what you think of it once it's released. We're always very anxious to hear the opinions of our customers. It allows us to see what we're doing right and what we can do to make our products better.

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

Omlevex looks excellent. You've got so much right, especially the importance of good artwork.

Thanks, Doug! I sure hope it lives up to your expectations. We've definitely put a lot of effort into getting the art to look and feel like the artwork found in the Silver Age comics. In fact, some of the artists we hire actually drew comics during that era (namely Dick Ayers and Herb Trimpe).