Omlevex Universe

Monolith

So, I am taking my weekly tour of the M&M message boards (must always see what the enemy is doing) and I come across this little statement:

I have two juicy nuggets of news concerning Omlevex:

1) The characters in Omlevex will feature stat blocks for not just M&M but for Silver Age Sentinels and Hero System as well!

2) The official Omlevex website is now up! Art previews, general information and even a section that deals with the setting itself! Check out the interview with Omlevex Comics founder Carl Murphy, an overview of all the major Omlevex comicbook series/heroes and an FAQ! Click here!

So I go to the website: http://www.spectrum-games.com/omlevex/ And I have to say it looks pretty good! A silver age universe compatible with the HERO System. Now between Reality Storm, San Angelo, The Kandris Seal, Superfigs, and Omlevex there are at least 5 other companies who have or will put out HERO compatable material. Maybe we are on the rise!!! :)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Omlevex Universe

Originally posted by Monolith

So, I am taking my weekly tour of the M&M message boards (must always see what the enemy is doing) and I come across this little statement:

So I go to the website: http://www.spectrum-games.com/omlevex/ And I have to say it looks pretty good! A silver age universe compatible with the HERO System. Now between Reality Storm, San Angelo, The Kandris Seal, Superfigs, and Omlevex there are at least 5 other companies who have or will put out HERO compatable material. Maybe we are on the rise!!! :)

I do believe we are! I checked it out and it certainly does look cool.

Originally posted by pinecone

It does look cool And it will be Hero compatable...I can hardly wait to bankrupt myself......

Yeah, between the 18-20 HERO books I will buy next year, and the 4-6 I will buy from SAS because of the Reality Storm conversion system, and the hopefully 3-4 I will buy from GRG for San Angelo, and now a possible Omlevex Universe continuing line, and let's not forget a possible Metaverse book from Albert Deschesne, who has time or money to buy d20 material? :)

Hopefully a few more of these M&M indy publishers will also contact DOJ about including HERO System write-ups, because some of that material looks really good too!

It's definately a good time to be a superhero genre player. :)

Word for word in agreement with Monolith, with the addition of a possibility of Champions miniatures from Superfigs and the addition of unrelated heroclix.

It's time to get a second job.

Yeah, between the 18-20 HERO books I will buy next year, and the 4-6 I will buy from SAS because of the Reality Storm conversion system, and the hopefully 3-4 I will buy from GRG for San Angelo, and now a possible Omlevex Universe continuing line, and let's not forget a possible Metaverse book from Albert Deschesne, who has time or money to buy d20 material? :)

Hopefully a few more of these M&M indy publishers will also contact DOJ about including HERO System write-ups, because some of that material looks really good too!

It's definately a good time to be a superhero genre player. :)

I'd like to thank you for all the kind words about Omlevex. We've been working very hard to ensure that the Omlevex Universe is extremely faithful to the Silver Age comics. Furthermore, we aim to make it enormously playable in all three game systems.

If you have any questions or comments, by all means toss 'em our way. We're very interactive with our fans and as such, we're always interested in hearing what they have to say.

Once again, thank you. :)

Originally posted by CynthiaCM

If you have any questions or comments, by all means toss 'em our way. We're very interactive with our fans and as such, we're always interested in hearing what they have to say.

This really does look like a wonderful book. The artwork is fantasitic and has such a wonderful silver age feel to it, and the characters look interesting too. Being an old Champions fan, any character called American Gargoyle is someone I just need to read about. :)

Cliffhanger, Drake Einstein, Lacie Delmont, and Freedom's Trio all look good too. I also cannot wait to see some information on the villains. I hope this product takes off for you because I would really love to see it supported with follow up releases!

Do you have people working on the HERO System write-ups, or are you planning on doing that in-house? I'm just curious, as I know this was originally supposed to be only an M&M product.

This really does look like a wonderful book. The artwork is fantasitic and has such a wonderful silver age feel to it, and the characters look interesting too.

I'm glad you're enjoying the preview material. We'll be adding more as time goes on.

Being an old Champions fan, any character called American Gargoyle is someone I just need to read about. :)

Ahhhh yes. I'm quite fond of the American Gargoyle myself. "Part man, part monster -- ALL patriot!"

Cliffhanger, Drake Einstein, Lacie Delmont, and Freedom's Trio all look good too. I also cannot wait to see some information on the villains.

I'm actually working on getting something up for those dastardly bad guys now. Hopefully, we'll get it posted to the site within a week.

Plus, we're considering giving a few full preview characters -- stats and all. But that'll be closer to the book's release date.

I hope this product takes off for you because I would really love to see it supported with follow up releases!

As would I. The Omlevex Universe and the characters that populate it are very dear to me (as I've been running games in it since '88) and nothing would please me more than for it to be a run-away success.

We'll be doing at least one more Omlevex book. It will explore the more cosmic and mystical sides of the OU. If things go well, we'll be releasing a graphic novel that "compiles" the first 3 or 6 issues of one of the Omlevex titles. Heck, I already have a chunk of Drake Einstein issue #1 written, so we might use it. Who knows? :)

Do you have people working on the HERO System write-ups, or are you planning on doing that in-house? I'm just curious, as I know this was originally supposed to be only an M&M product.

My publisher is handling the specifics of that, but if you'd like to drop him a line, his email is zmangames@shadowfist.com . He'll be able to tell you for sure.

Anyway, thanks again for your interest. Keep checking the Omlevex site for new developments.

Re: Omlevex Universe

Maybe we are on the rise!!! :)

:D

FOX Announces First Ever 'Superhero' Soap

November 2, 2006

Today, FOX announced that a new daily show is being developed for the Fall 2007 lineup. Tentatively titled To Save The World, the show will be based around the triumphs and tribulations, both personal and professional, of a team of superheroes based in the fictional Millenium City. Millenium City is built on the ruins of Detroit after its destruction at the hands of the supervillain Dr. Destroyer. Darren Watts, president of Defenders of Justice, Inc. and co-producer, said, “The great popularity of the Hero System in general and Champions in particular made it inevitable that a show based on our role-playing system would be made. I believe that this show will help break down some of the barriers that separate people by introducing the Champions Universe to people who might otherwise dismiss it as ‘uncool’ or ‘nerdy’.†FOX spokesmen refused to either confirm or deny rumors that another Hero-inspired show called The Empire Club is being developed with the help of British writer Alan Moore.

In a related story, Rev. Bobby Wayne of Hot Springs, AK led a burning of Defenders of Justice, Inc. products after a rumor circulated that the Hero System Line Developer, Steven S. Long, declared that the Hero System was “more popular than Jesus.†Both Messrs. Long and Watts have vigorously denied this. Watts was quoted saying, “We at DOJ, Inc. believe that not only is there no competition between religion and gaming, but that both can and should co-exist comfortably. While we like publicity as much as any other successful business, we want to build bridges rather than burn them.â€

You can always use an extra couple of dozen new silver age villains. Silver age villains never go out of style. :)

I tend to makemy own villains, that way I know them inside out. Add to that all the 5e, Champions, CU and CKC villains, plus anything I've stolen from 4e and before. It's villainpalooza! Plus I have ideas for a few more that I haven't gotten around to making.

I'd do silver age if I was basing a whole campaign on an ETERNALS type vibe. And that's a hard sell to my players. I don't think they get the genre differences.

Originally posted by Blue

I tend to makemy own villains, that way I know them inside out. Add to that all the 5e, Champions, CU and CKC villains, plus anything I've stolen from 4e and before. It's villainpalooza! Plus I have ideas for a few more that I haven't gotten around to making.

I tend to make about half of my own as well, but I am fortunate in that I have a couple of players who regail me with new villain write-ups every game session. I have so many now that I could make my own "Enemies" book. But I am weak, and thus must always buy more. It's like the d20 gamers' fascination with Monster books. :)

I appreciate the kind words, gang! Everyone has been working their tails off to ensure that Omlevex is a top notch product in every way.

And just wait 'til you see the next preview pic! It was beautifully drawn by a very popular Silver Age artist. I won't say who it is exactly, but I WILL give you a hint: It rhymes with Ferb Krimpe. :)

Stay tuned!

Hi, Blue. From our FAQ:

Q: What's up with the name "Omlevex"? What does it mean?

A: There are three definitions of the word: 1) Omlevex Comics is the fictional comic book company that "produced" titles such as Drake Einstein, American Gargoyle, Cliffhanger, Lacie Delmont, and Freedom's Trio. 2) Omlevex Universe is what we call the setting that the characters in this book exist in. 3) Omlevex is a mineral found in the Omlevex Universe. It is one of the primary causes of superpowers in the setting.

Hope that helps. :)

Fair enough. I can answer that one too. :)

It was 1991. I was playing Wheel of Fortune on my trusty ol' Nintendo Entertainment System. In fact, I'd been playing it pretty much the entire day. After awhile, I stopped bothering to type my name into the space at the beginning of each game. Instead, I just quickly entered a slew of random letters. One time, it actually sounded kind of neat -- Omlevexus. Oddly enough, that word stuck in my head.

Several months later, a few friends and I were planning an ambitious (but unrealistic) self-publishing comicbook venture. I came up with a lot of ideas, based primarily on the characters and plots from the games I had run (using the MSH and DCH systems). Many of these ideas are still part and parcel of the Omlevex Universe.

Anyway, I was absolutely stuck for a company name. I was coming up with nothing that didn't sound derivative. That's when that word came to the forefront of my mind. Omlevexus. I liked the sound of it, but when you put the word "Comics" after it, the overall effect was just too awkward -- Omlevexus Comics. A friend recommended dropping the "us" at the end and that was that. Omlevex Comics was born. :)