Jawbone Club

Edsel

The jawbone club is a weapon used by the Apache Indians. You can google it for more info. It is called a club but the striking edge was sharpened. I am undecided as to whether this should be built as a club or as a slashing weapon. I also have no idea how efficient this weapon was. Has anyone built it or a similar weapon in Hero System?

Well, for an Apache superhero, a multipower might be worth it, but other than that I'd go with straight club statistics, which are probably generous anyway. Bone isn't that sharp anyway, at least not for long, so I'd call the superficial cuts special effects anyway. Just like you don't distinguish much between a flanged and a blunt mace.

A few versions a quick Google Image Search turned up looked a bit pointier, maybe like a small pick with Reduced Penetration.

It all depends a bit on how big the "Ethnic Cool" factor should be.

From my Google fu I have found that the Apache had four traditional weapons. The bow & arrow, the tomahawk, the war club and the jawbone club. Part of the reason I was pondering this was because I was trying to make the war club and the jawbone club distinctive from one another. Perhaps it'd be best to treat it as a slashing weapon (sort of a cleaver) with reduced penetration since the bone edge is not going to be great at cutting. Or perhaps I should just accept reality and acknowledge that in game terms it is just another club with a distinctive appearance.

From my Google fu I have found that the Apache had four traditional weapons. The bow & arrow, the tomahawk, the war club and the jawbone club. Part of the reason I was pondering this was because I was trying to make the war club and the jawbone club distinctive from one another. Perhaps it'd be best to treat it as a slashing weapon (sort of a cleaver) with reduced penetration since the bone edge is not going to be great at cutting. Or perhaps I should just accept reality and acknowledge that in game terms it is just another club with a distinctive appearance.
I like the idea of a making the jawbone distictive. Perhaps it works like the cetsus whereas the hka is linked as a seperate attack.