supers on heroic build

Ninja-Bear

We used to do that all the time during the 4th edition days because one of our GM's got tired of 250+ point power gaming, so he had us downgrade our next characters to 150 points to see how that worked.  It worked fine, so we did that for a while.  It actually works pretty well for lower powered games like something based on the X-men comic or something of that scale.

Christougher how was cha maxima a problem? I found that it kept a lot a cha. closer to skilled normals except the critical cha.

Exactly.  It kept the Characteristics from going into the stratosphere, which IMO (and likely the opinion of a goodly number of Champions players) was one of the major issues with previous versions of Hero.

Exactly.  It kept the Characteristics from going into the stratosphere, which IMO (and likely the opinion of a goodly number of Champions players) was one of the major issues with previous versions of Hero.

Well, that depends more on how the points are spent, than so much how many points are given; to an extent.

You can build a 400 point "normal person" with zero points in powers who just has a lot of skills, contacts, perks, and resources.  Or you can build a 150 point super-soldier hyper-focused on death and destruction.

AP and attack / defense limits I think are a better way to encourage "lower power levels" than just limiting the total Character Points.

Are you Nusoardgraphite saying that you want all your characteristics in the stratosphere then?

Hardly.  i've always been a proponent of keeping characteristics to reasonable levels, even in the context of a supers game, depending on power level.  i see it simply as a matter of power gaming (a player based issue) as opposed to a flaw within the system. the system was built to support an extremely high power level at its core, but that does not mean every game one plays with it needed to strive to test that limit.

I'm curious, has anyone built superheroes using heroic rules? I haved mesed around with it myself. And I built them at 150 points.

And if you have built them have you actually used them? (I haven't)

Fwiw, I look at public domain of superheroes for inspiration.

I started a thread on Public Domain Superheroes, and as I recall, I wrote up The Ferret at heroic level.

Then there were the Florist Friars, a low level superheroic duo in perpetual search of a game that they'd fit. I should redo them for 6th edition.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "Lucius, only you can re-invent Florist Friars, and that's Amazing, Man."