Time to play "Set that limit!"

Blue

At what level would you set the limitation that it only works on people in their teens and younger?

Here are the qualifiers for my campaign:

• It's mind control.
  • There are only a few NPC teen heroes and one PC teen, so typically its normal teens that will be so manipulated
  • The character also has a limitation about endangering innocents; so it's not like he's going to use this to launch an army of kids into battle.

Now... set that limitation?

-1 seems like the safe bet. But seeing as how it is hard (by design) for him to find a useful situation for the power, should it be worth even more?

I would only consider it to be worth -1/2. While there might be relatively few PC and NPC teen heroes, nearly half the population of the country consists of teenagers (age 19 or less). So while the power might not directly affect to many heroes, telling kids to go and jump off of a bridge can be quite a distraction for a group of heroes. :)

is it literally those age 19 and younger?

21 and younger would include a lot of the basic soldiers in the army, so I'm iffy on that one but -1 is probably right. It cuts out pretty much all politicians, executives or people in positions of real power.

high school and younger definitely a -1 or greater. I would probably go with a -1 1/2 since they really couldn't do much except serve as distractions.

Re: Time to play "Set that limit!"

Originally posted by Blue

At what level would you set the limitation that it only works on people in their teens and younger?

Here are the qualifiers for my campaign:

• It's mind control.
  • There are only a few NPC teen heroes and one PC teen, so typically its normal teens that will be so manipulated
  • The character also has a limitation about endangering innocents; so it's not like he's going to use this to launch an army of kids into battle.

Now... set that limitation?

-1 seems like the safe bet. But seeing as how it is hard (by design) for him to find a useful situation for the power, should it be worth even more?

I'd go with -1, given there are only "a few" NPC teens (I'm assuming you mean villains as well as neutrals in that statement).

Thanks one and all. -1 it is.

And to answer the question, it's not literally "teenagers" in this case. The character has the ability to basicaly affect people who have yet to develop a certain chemical in their brain. Typically that chemical doesn't happen until after puberty. (I'm not siting a real chemical; this is in-game psuedo-science.)