Recover Endurance by Draining Specific Element

BhelliomRahl

In the Infamous computer games beings can absorb specific elements to use abilities related to it.  A Fire user absorbs fire, a Paper user absorbs paper, etc.

I was wondering how to represent that characters need to absorb a specific element to power their abilities.  My thought was to use an Endurance Reserve with a Limited Recovery (-1/2) must be in presence of Element.

I was wondering what ideas people have on this?

I have a metal based character that uses a swarm of metal for various power effects. She absorbs Iron and Steel and turns that into End for her End Battery. She can also Absorb Iron to heal herself. (Frack that's a messy build in 6e, much easier in 5e)

I have a metal based character that uses a swarm of metal for various power effects. She absorbs Iron and Steel and turns that into End for her End Battery. She can also Absorb Iron to heal herself. (Frack that's a messy build in 6e, much easier in 5e)

Everything is easier to build in the 5th Edition.

Not really. I find that most things are actually easier in 6e. I am sure that your perspective comes with lots of experience with 5e. I have found that esp on the Heroic side of things, 6e has made some character concepts MUCH easier to build, than they ever were in 5e. YMMV. :D

This is why I as a long time player, I dislike when an author removes tools from the toolbox. It's always with great intentions, but it always leaves a hole. In every case it's also required a much harder power construct to replace what was missing. I was very happy that 6e brought back some of 5e's missing abilities. I was less happy to learn that we were missing some different powers instead.

Why not just have the Healing (or Regeneration with Costs END, if applicable) draw from that END Reserve?

Interesting.  I would like to see the build for this character if possible.  I use 6th most often but I could adapt some of the 5th material.

Why not just have the Healing (or Regeneration with Costs END, if applicable) draw from that END Reserve?

She did actually. She only transfered Body of Metal things to End Reserve IIRC. It's been awhile since I looked at her character sheet.