Rock & Roll Rebellion - plot help needed

assault

OK, I'm working on a scenario, and I'm stuck.

The concept: it's the late 50s, and Rock & Roll has caused a moral panic. The Establishment is going berserk, and the police are being heavy handed (and hypocritical, since corruption is a major problem in my setting).

First problem: how do I show the heavy handedness? Telling the players about it isn't enough.

In response to this heavy handedness, some of the kids are pushing back. Yes, we have Rock & Roll supervillains!

Second and major problem: exactly how are they pushing back?

Yes, my problem is that I don't have an actual plot! Any suggestions?

One possibility is that some Rock & Roll really is the "Devil's Music". That would be suitable for a soft-core "why can't we all get along?" ending. Of course that treats certain thinly-disguised historical figures a little more gently than my opinion of their originals would normally entail, but it would be genre appropriate. That still leaves the question of what the Evil Musicians are actually doing. Raising an army of kids to overthrow society?

No. Definitely not. This makes the Establishment the good guys. A good "the authorities are always right" Silver Age stereotype plot, but not what I am after.

A more likely option is one where some of the kids become theme villains. But who or what do they target?

Options: this situation can be adjusted to other times and other subcultures. Punk in the 70s would be a good example.

Obviously,  the  Alien Overlords have almost completed their conquest.

Constant exposure to their mind control device has conditioned most of the population to a state where the final signal will make us obedient cattle/slaves.

Only those rock and roll kids, who dance wildly while exposed to loud music(thus breaking the conditioning) pose a threat to this insidious plot. 

Showing heavy handed cops isn't hard.

The heroes need to be going to gigs and have the cops raid them. The cops arrest people and use unnecessary force on anyone who shows even the slightest resistance. Maybe a back alley beating or two as well. All this will work better if the heroes know the kids who are getting beaten up. Extra points if the cops in question are already known to the heroes as bastards.

And let the heroes see the meeting at Townhall where the mayor and police chief meet with the concerned citizens (local church groups, school teachers and PTA or whatever.) Let them witness the cold contempt the establishment has for "youth culture." Complete with racist epithets even (Rock & Roll's origins are African American after all.) 

Pushing Back.

Introduce some weird character (a new science or music or shop* teacher at school or someone who is involved in teen culture in some other way like sport or runs the malt shop.) This person is the one who helps the kids get their super powers. Builds a super powered rocket car or power armour (shop teacher); gives them a serum that gives limited powers for a limited time (science) or is really a magical agent of Music sent here to help the kids (Olivia Newton-John in Xanadu) and grants them powers through her magic. Or, you know, all three teachers each contribute but without knowing about the others for that extra touch of chaos.

How they utilise the powers: well at first they should use them to cause teen age trouble. Drag racing. Practical jokes on the cops like the banana in the tail pipe or dyeing their uniforms (ALL their uniforms) bright pink. But of course one cop pushes one teen too hard. And that teen puts the cop in hospital. Cue really heavy handed cops  and the teens having little choice but to fight back or get hurt or watch while others get hurt.

*extra points if their name sounds a lot like Fonzerelli.