The Avengers 5th Edition 250 Points

Cassandra

That is the problem with most comic book characters, they're either really tough... or have no special defenses at all.  Cyclops is the perfect example.  He's a guy with an energy blast, he can't take a hit.  Storm is the same way, lots of offense and utility, no defense.  Only the kindness of writers keeps them above ground, really.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, I guess that is what Combat Luck is meant for? Wanda seems like a poster girl for "unlikely survival" as a side benefit of her powers....

For somebody like Cyclopes, Costume: Armor +5Def, OIF, plus Combat Luck, x2 "Hero's fortune" then do plenty of Dodge and Block moves and he should survive just fine (IMHO) (Did Cyclopes ever "Block" e-atks with his gaze?) Heck give him a base PD/ED of 10 or so (very high end human) and a Con of 23+ and he is playable right out of the gate. :)

I dunno, I guess that is what Combat Luck is meant for? Wanda seems like a poster girl for "unlikely survival" as a side benefit of her powers....

For somebody like Cyclopes, Costume: Armor +5Def, OIF, plus Combat Luck, x2 "Hero's fortune" then do plenty of Dodge and Block moves and he should survive just fine (IMHO) (Did Cyclopes ever "Block" e-atks with his gaze?) Heck give him a base PD/ED of 10 or so (very high end human) and a Con of 23+ and he is playable right out of the gate. :)

Cyclops should have Missile Deflection [All Ranged Attacks] to simulate him shooting down ranged attacks.

Binary

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

11 BODY 2

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

15 PRE 5

18 COM 4

5 PD 2

5 ED 1

4 SPD 10

9 REC 4

46 END 5

28 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

Cost Skills

3 Bump of Direction

3 Combat Piloting [Combat Aircraft] 13-

2 KS: Kree Empire 11-

2 Lang: Fluent Kree

3 Navigation [Air & Space] 13-

10 SL: Overall +1

2 TF: Space & Science Fiction Vehicles

Total Skills Cost: 25 Points

Cost Powers

10 Armor +5 rPD +5 rED, OIF: Costume (-1/2)

12 EC [Cosmic Energy]-15 Points, OIHID (-1/4)

28 1) EB 10d6

12 2) Force Field +10 rPD +10 rED, No END (+1/2)

16 3) STR +35

24 Multipower (30 Points) OIHID (-1/4)

3 u) FTL Travel 1000 LY/Year

2 u) Flight 10", Variable Advantages (+1/2), [Megascale 1km, or 1/2 END Only (-1/4)]

18 LS: Eats Once Per Year, High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum,

Self Contained, Sleeps Once Per Year, OIHID (-1/4)

Total Powers Cost: 125 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Brood (As Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Kree Empire (More Powerful/NCI/Watch) 8-

10 Hunted: Skrull (As Powerful) 8-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

20 PsyL: Code Of The Hero (Very Common/Strong)

20 PsyL: Protective Of Innocents (Very Common/Strong)

10 SocL: Secret Identity [Carol Danvers] (Occasionally/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

Cyclops has intercepted with his eye beam. He has done a power duel with Garokk.

Translating from MSH RPG, all mutants have a high CON score. The have a minimum of Remarkable.

When I get the chance I'll rebuilt Carol Danvers with a Multiform with her Ms. Marvel, Binary, Warbird, and Captain Marvel forms.  The differences would be her various types of powers and skills.

Originally Ms. Marvel's powers came from her costume IIF "Kree Battlesuit".  As time went on she gained her powers without the actually suit but still needed to change Transform Instant Change so her powers could be OIHID.  After her encounter with Rogue she was back to being Carol Danvers, then got powered up while traveling with the X-Men and became Binary (I really loved it when she meet Rogue at the X-Mansion after that).  Then she changed her name to Warbird because they have given her Ms. Marvel code name to another soon to be forgotten heroine.  Then back to Ms. Marvel, and now Captain Marvel.

No. The Psyche-Magnetron effectively created a split personality in her. One being a Kree Warrior. The Psyche-Magnetron created the costume. Her powers were within her. Not the suit.

She changed to the black suit because for some reason the Kree suit was traceable. The sleeveless outfit gave her a greater, more comfortable range of movement.

Originally she was limited to hand-to-hand combat. It wasn't until the Brood experimented on her after she had lost her powers to Rogue, that she became Binary and had energy blasting abilities.

After her encounter with Rogue she was back to being Carol Danvers, then got powered up while traveling with the X-Men and became Binary (I really loved it when she meet Rogue at the X-Mansion after that).  

Yeah, she punched ol' Marie clear to the moon.  I've heard good things about the reboted Ms Marvel, supposedly.

I've changed Scarlet Witch by removing Martial Arts skills and added a Force Field.  The special effect is that she use her powers to deflect attacks.  I also linked her Missile Deflection to her Force Field.  She know has Mental Defense, and 1" of flight for her levitation ability.  I also gave her Streetwise for her brief supervillain past.