Deathstroke 6ED Conversions

rjd59

I believe it's straight out of the 4ED version of the character, but I think they had it as Common rather than Very Common, which would fit with just punches (not kicks or other physical blows).  On reflection, I think I was considering it "physical blows" rather than just punches.

To me, that Vulnerability on Scatterbrain seemed like one of those 4ED "we need more disad points, how about a Vulnerability?" things.  I don't recall anything specific in her background to explain it.  I think she got her powers by messing with some experimental drug or virus or something that her mom brought home.  Perhaps that changed her physiology and gave her brittle bones and sensitive nerves?  In which case "physical blows" seems more applicable. 

At least, that's my viewpoint.  YMMV.

Thank you. I admit that I can be a little anal retentive about Disads/Complications. I consider them one of the most important parts of the sheet when it comes to defining the character. And that one seems oddly specific for no stated reason. I think I'll just define it as "Physical blows" with the side effects from her mutation or perhaps a mental aberration as an explanation and special effect.

I'm in the process of adapting every HERO character I have from a published source into 6th edition.  I am currently working on Enemies II, and took a look, he actually had a dex of 20 back then

20 in the module, too. How about that?

All the other members of the team had 20 except Stinger (21) and Frost (23) too.

Doctor Draconis had 26, but he was a 'fight the whole team' character.

Though in fairness to rjd's conversions, Death Commando was 23 DEX in the 4ED Champions Universe book.  To be clear, I wasn't saying his (or anyone else's) decision to keep DC at 23 DEX is wrong.  I was just pointing out a possibility, where DC "plays the system" to eke out a few more points.  (He always seemed to me like the type to find and take advantage where he could.)

In case I do fail to make the distinction clear, most of my suggestions are simply that:  suggestions, not corrections.  I'm sure that when my players face Deathstroke, my 6ED versions will differ from rjd's versions, adding my own flavor to them

Yes. Ouch!

Time to throw on a bit of combat luck. Although... IIRC the default in 6e is that non-resistant PD & ED work against the Stun from KAs, isn't it? I suspect most pre-6e GMs probably use the old rules though.

He certainly would have sucked as a 2e character, if the PCs he was facing had KAs.

Yes. Ouch!

Time to throw on a bit of combat luck. Although... IIRC the default in 6e is that non-resistant PD & ED work against the Stun from KAs, isn't it? I suspect most pre-6e GMs probably use the old rules though.

He certainly would have sucked as a 2e character, if the PCs he was facing had KAs.

Any characters I change now has some form of resistent defences. Most common is 3pd/3ed suit just to take the edge off of killing sttacks.