Beginning version of Spider-Man for 6e on 400 points

Hyper-Man

Nice.  Defenses seem a bit too high (He couldn't hurt himself if he tried).

He can't even shave himself, yet, as the Heat Ray Vision came much later. I'm actually jumping the gun with the X-Ray vision by a bit, too.

Though he _could_ fling himself at the ground at terminal velocity, if he really wanted to feel the rush of healing from a bad sprain.

I was going for as close to a literal translation of the character as he was described in Issue #1, so perhaps he's not perfectly playable. But he looks like he could be a lot of fun.

That seems like such an easy fix but I am still hesitant. I built Flash with ALL of his powers under Unified via the 'Speed-Force'. I only used Unified for Superman's VPP. His other powers only have the Kryptonian stuff (not near Kryptonite or under a red sun). What's the Unified effect for Spidey? Radioactive Spider Powers?! Unified means that ANY negative Adjustment Power used against one Power with the Limitation affects ALL Powers with the Limitation. I don't see the cold or confidence issue from the movies fitting that mold.

For what it's worth I just checked HeroDesigner and to just add Unified to the existing list as-is would save 21 points. I could save a LOT more by moving portions of other Characteristics (like DEX, CON, OCV, DCV, SPD, etc...) but I don't think it's necessary.

Early Spidey in the comics seemed a lot more vulnerable to losing his abilities due to illness than more current versions. I would argue that a majority of his abilities were unified in the early Lee stories but that limitation was bought off over time.

I still don't see it rising to the minimum standards of Unified Power.  It seems more like a Complication.  Plus, there are so many Powers in HERO/Champions that owe their existence at least partly to Spider-Man that it would be a shame to have to make complicated builds out of ALL of them (I've already done so with Entangle, Swinging and Danger Sense. I'd like to not do so for Clinging).

What about Double Jointed and/or Contortionist?

Spidey moves in unnerving and unnatural ways, slipping through spaces you wouldn't expect. We've seen Black Cat and Spiderman crawl through the ductwork in Fisk Tower, and Spiderman is not merely acrobatic: he's inhuman.

This is what distinguishes Spiderman's agility, to my mind from the Flash, for example. The Flash and Superman move like their hips were welded upright; Spidey might is nearly as fluid as Sandman or Mr. Fantastic.

I still don't see it rising to the minimum standards of Unified Power. It seems more like a Complication. Plus, there are so many Powers in HERO/Champions that owe their existence at least partly to Spider-Man that it would be a shame to have to make complicated builds out of ALL of them (I've already done so with Entangle, Swinging and Danger Sense. I'd like to not do so for Clinging).

Okay, so not Unified Power. Could they all have a minor limitation of something like "Does not work if character is sick or in poor mental state" at -1/4?

re: minor limitation

Well, that's the trick.  How often should it come up in game to be worth -1/4.  These are the same arguments I heard when working on Superman btw. Superman loses a far bigger amount of power so it seems  more balancing.  To something similar to Pete would be ok for a solo game but would be tedious for other players in a team game (which is what this version is designed for).  Folks can certainly modify the version posted if they want. I included the HDC file.

What about Double Jointed and/or Contortionist?

Spidey moves in unnerving and unnatural ways, slipping through spaces you wouldn't expect. We've seen Black Cat and Spiderman crawl through the ductwork in Fisk Tower, and Spiderman is not merely acrobatic: he's inhuman.

This is what distinguishes Spiderman's agility, to my mind from the Flash, for example. The Flash and Superman move like their hips were welded upright; Spidey might is nearly as fluid as Sandman or Mr. Fantastic.

1st post updated with changes. :D