Champions 2nd edition for everyone

Bikerbob

I was looking for images on the web of the 2nd edition character sheets because I did not want to remove them from my book.

I found topics here an other forums where no one seemed to be able to find them.

I decided this morning that I would remove them from the centre of the book and scan them so that everyone would have them to use.

I love Champions 1,2,3 books, and the 2nd edition. I never found a reason to go beyond this in the Champions game.. just like people have found their fav version of D&D.. so this is mine for Champions.

I now get to play this game again with my 10 year old son.. my last son. The last time I played it was with my now 21y old stepson. So as you can see this game has a special place for me. Imagination is king in life I think, and nothing brings out the kid in you more than Superhero fun.

James

In the Misc. section of the downloads you will find the file Champshts - this contains all 8 sheets.

Edited by Bikerbob

I scanned those very same sheets from the book yesterday!

I do the rough drafts of most of my characters by the 2e rules, largely because I have got them very close to memorised. (Actually, I use a bit of a mishmash of various editions, but it's basically 2e). I then convert to 5e or 6e, as or if required.

The 225 point guidelines work very well with 6e. Characters tend to convert nicely to 300 points 6e.

Unfortunately I loaned out my copies of Champions II, Champions III and Danger International, and never got them back. Still, the rules for VPPs (and thus Gadget Pools) from Champions III were reprinted in full in an errata article in Adventurers Club, while it's possible to partly reverse engineer the vehicle rules from various published vehicles. Those are the two main things I care about. (I mainly just use basic motor bikes and sports cars that can be built on 75 pts, thus costing characters the grand total of 5 points).

For skills I've got Espionage and Justice Inc, but I usually just stick to the basics.

I don't actually use the 2e character sheets. I prefer the half page format used in the writeups of the NPC villains in the book. It contains the relevant information, and leaves half a page for background fluff and artwork.

The same format can be used with 6e characters, as long as they aren't over complicated, which seems to be the fashion.

• 5 months later...