need help 6th ed force field on others

4effect3d@gmail.com

At first I was gonna say something like Resistant Defense, impermeable, usable vs. 1 other at range, visible.

But after reading your description of the effect I don't see why a simple Entangle wouldn't work, unless of course you expect the ones englobed to be able to attack through the bubble, in which case see my earlier suggestion.

Hope one of those helps.

I am new to the 6th edition and I was trying to make a character that can create force fields on others, like multiple individual bubbles. 

I am using hero designer and I am having a hard time building this power, any suggestions? thanks 

This could be any (or all) of several different abilities, depending on what the character wants to do.

• If the field protects the target, but does not interfere with its actions, it is most like Resistant Protection, Usable By Other (or other build that augments the target's defenses, there are multiple ways to do this depending on how you want the power to work).
  • If the field surrounds the target, interfering with actions outside of but not inside the bubble, it is more like Barrier.
  • If the field surrounds the target so closely that the target cannot even move, it is more like Entangle.

Here is an example

Friendly Bouncy Bubbles: (Total: 56 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED) (Impermeable, Protect Carried Items), Does Knockback (+1/4), Usable Nearby (+1), Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used, Grantor can take back power at any time (56 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect affects both character and recipient of Power's benefits; See Notes; -1 1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 19)

For an END cost of 5 per phase, the character may enclose self and any "nearby" allies (I think the rule says within 10 meters, but was intended to be flexible in defining "nearby") in a bubble of protective force. The bubble protects carried and worn items but prevents a protected person from picking up or manipulating items or Grabbing another character (Side Effects.) Forceful physical contact causes the bubble to deform slightly then "snap back" (knockback) hurling BOTH the protected person and whatever was in contact with them in opposite directions; so if anyone grabs the protected person, or the protected person grabs someone else, roll BOD for the STR used and apply that s meters of knockback on BOTH parties. Whoever initiated the grab, if they are aware of this effect, can decide the directions, but each must move a direction opposite the other. In the case of punching, stabbing, shooting, blasting, etc. just add the PD and ED on top of the character's other defenses.

If you can describe exactly what you are trying to do and how you see it working, I might try again. Or you can take this and work from it to make something closer to your own vision.

Lucius Alexander

Excuse me, I have to call a man about a palindromedary

If I used Resistant Defense could it be used to protect multiple targets? would you just add usable by other multiple times?

There's a modifier on usable on others that determines your maximum number of targets,  Usable on one target is +1/4.  Every doubling after that is another +1/4 (so 2 targets for 1/2, 4 targets for +3/4).  If you want to protect more than 8 targets at a time you're better off using 'everyone in 10 meters' instead, which is a separate modifier for +1.

Pound for pound this is more expensive than a simple Aid to Resistant Protection (which I'd probably use instead) but it does allow you to actually give resistant defences to people who might not otherwise have them (hostages in a bank, etc) so it depends on what you want to use this power for.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks again for all the help. 

He uses a multipower and i created multiple protection powers in it.  I went with Resistant Protection, Impermeable, instant, lasts extra phase, usable on others, range, set trigger (no time) . I created a PD version and ED version to represent a quick protect style bubble that lasts 2 phases. I separated them to get bigger PD and ED but balanced it to be only one or the other.  I also added 

Resistant Protection, usable on others, range, and covers both PD/ED but not as much protection and lasts as long as i want.