Posters, Assemble! [LONG]

Solomon

Meteor Man,

You keep calling them heroes but by their actions (reported actions) I'm not so sure. They may be new but their actions caused a great deal of damage and death. Some people in this business just don't care and until these 5 come forward and explain themselves, and take responsibility they are not much better than criminals themselves.

Wearing a costume and having special abilities is a privelage that must be earned and respected, as you must respect the public, the Law and the property of others. Otherwise you're not a hero, you're just a gloryhound or a criminal.

To you the flag wearer, take pride in your heritage and nationality. Do not tarnish them. You are an Ambassador of your people to the world now and it can be easy to fall in with a group when you arrive in town, but if they are not holding themselves to your standards of ethics do not bend to theirs.

-- Mayday

PS: Don't blame Grond, he's not a mastermind of anything.

Hmmmm, Millennium City is easy pickings?

Just where I need to go. My followers are rather hungry little beasts and need a place to feed and rest. No doubt a city so ill-defended Grond runs wild will be perfect for them! Oh, lovely little crocodile babies, you will grow BIG and strong! Well, you don't stop growing, do you, so I suppose it WILL be BIG AND STRONG! MWAH-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not to mention, I could go for dining on well-intentioned super-do-gooders. FOOLS! They should have known a long time ago that they shouldn't fight us special mutants, we're the next generation.

Okay ... so I just got back from court with the whole car/Defender thing ... and I got hosed! I have to pay $3000.00 for property damages because my car took out a street light ... a STREET LIGHT ... and it wasn't even my fault!! So now I have to pay $3000.00 for a street light and Defender gets a pat on the back ... where's the justice here? I'm giving my cousing Freddy a call and see if he's got some friends to take out these so-called "Chumpions"

Re: Posters, Assemble! [LONG]

Originally posted by Solomon

- Last night residents of Millenium City woke to the sound of gunfire. A fight between a large group of armed normals and an unidentified group of supers was going on inside and near a warehouse.

- By the time police forces converged, the warehouse was partly on fire and most supers had apparently already fled the scene. Armed normals opened fire from inside the warehouse. Police forces cordooned the place.

- An unknown group of supers arrived a few minutes later. Police officers tried to identify them, but the apparent team leader replied his team was, as of yet, "nameless".

- The team included a flyer with fire/cold powers, a ninja-like martial artist with a black costume, a speedster with a Great Britain flag motif on his costume, a huge wolf-like brick and a flyer with telekinetic powers (apparent leader).

- The black-garbed martial artist caused the roof to collapse, cutting support beams with a katana. Out of the resulting smoking rubble emerged two supers: an unknown guy with a multicolored dotted costume, and Grond. Battle ensued. The huge wolf-hero caused severe collateral damage to nearby buildings and police cars.

- Ninja-guy quickly dispatched the first opponent, almost killing him, but Grond could not be dealt with. He KOd three opponents with as many punches, leaving only the huge wolf and the speedster.

- Unable to defeat Grond, the speester goaded him into chasing him, finally leading him to Lake Erie. Grond caused a lot of property damage, but no casualties, before swimming away.

- The unidentified super team then fled the scene. Later on, various bodies were recovered from the collapsed warehouse and identified as local drug dealers. A few had been clearly killed by the collapsing roof, others were apparently already dead (gunfire being the most promiinent cause of death).

- PRIMUS is currently looking into this mess.

Feel free too pick nicknames for the heroes, since they didn't care about providing their names to the authorities. ;)

Okay, so, these guys did massive property damage, AND got some folks killed?

Man, I hope the Champions reign them in fast...because these guys need some serious guidance. Heck, they don't even have names yet... these guys are not prepared.

Come on, what kind of team leaves their names up for grabs, the media will stick you with something really dumb.

The Equinox guy... (The hot cold one) seems kind of neat. You don't see many who have both hot and cold powers.

At least the British Express has a head on his shoulders, and lead Grond away.

I don't know about Warg or whatever wolf dude is being called, he seems dangerous at LEAST as dangerous as Ginsu.And the leader, needs to get a grip on his team... hmm they should call him that, GRIP, because it might remind him.

I'm writing an Email to Defender... he's a great guy, and you can bet if this 'new group' is decent, he can at least have the Champions give them a few pointers. If they can't be taught, well, at least he'll know they're out there so the Champions can bring in this "Fumbling Five" if they have to.

-Austin Potter, Knoxville TN Champion's Fanclub member

Look, everyone, we don't know all of the story here. Maybe the ninja had a reason to collapse the building; maybe he thought that was the only way to stop Grond. What would you have done in that situation?

That being said, I think our superheroes need to do more to help people than just fighting monsters and super-criminals. Look at Seeker--he teaches martial arts to special-needs children, he helps out around his neighborhood, and anyone who needs his help can get a hold of him. And he doesn't disappear when the fight's over; he stays and helps the police mop up.

Too bad he's only a comic-book character.

Herotalker 5587

I wonder what Grond wanted with a warehouse anyway?

My aunt says she saw him up close. He was looking around confused and all. He didn't even notice everyone scramble away from him. Then some flying superhero shot him and he started tearing sh*t up.

Shoot first and ask questions later types shouldn't be in the hero business.